Author Topic: WHAT WILL BE THE SONG OF THE DECADE (UR CHOICE)  (Read 243 times)

2paclbc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • LBC
WHAT WILL BE THE SONG OF THE DECADE (UR CHOICE)
« on: December 12, 2002, 09:57:33 PM »
MY CHOICE WILL BE
1) DRE SNOOP  NUTHING BUT A G THANG
2) EAZY E BOYZ IN THA HOOD REMIX

E. J. Rizo

Re:WHAT WILL BE THE SONG OF THE DECADE (UR CHOICE)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 10:01:08 PM »
Nothing but a "G" thang was last decade.....but i agree bets song of last decade and this one........but as for this year.....id got to go with Chin Check....and im not even sure it was from this decade...i dont remember right now

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 10:29:06 PM »
LOL, which decade? A decades 10 years ,dogg.

Nothin' But a G Thang actually won Best Single of the 90's, from Rolling Stone magazine, which would be the same as Best single of the Decade.  And that was out of all music, not just rap.  They were seriously riding that songs nuts.  It, in my opinion, was probably one of the (if not the) biggest, most important single of the 90's, it totally changed rap, which in turn, changed a lot of music.  I've always said the most important songs of the 90's were

In no order

Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nothing But A G Thang
Champagne Supernova
Tonight, Tonight

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 11:44:56 PM »
The Click- Hurricane

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 05:02:01 AM »
I'm thinkin' Nuthin' but a G Thang...

Jankiest

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2002, 05:34:32 AM »
i'm not hating on dre but god damn, why does everyone talk about that song. fuck, its not that good, dre has changed a lot of shit in music, but i can't say that one song changed a lot. that album was alright but that song isn't as good as everyone say it is.

all them sucka ass niggaz can eat a fat dick

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2002, 05:41:10 AM »
Nah, that song really wasn't greater than his other stuff, it was just 'the big single'.  It was right at the perfect time, at the perfect place, with the perfect sound, and just hit hard.  I rememeber watching the video right after it came out, as a kid, thinking "MAN THESE GUYS ARE COOL" everybody I knew, even those that didn't like hiphop, loved it.  My dad even knew the hook.  It just blew the crap up, and introduced Snoop and his amazing charisma to everybody.  It probably was the biggest song of the 90's, it really had a big impact on people whether you remember it or not.  

budsmokeronly

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2002, 08:40:49 PM »
how the fuck can u be a westcoast rap song and say nuthin but a G-thang was not that good.  Even if u hate dre and snoop now, I am sure at one time u banged the shit outta that song.  I could listen to that song everyday for the rest of my life and not get sick of it.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2002, 08:59:59 PM »
Decade = 2000 & More... song of THIS decade = 2000 & More...

Song of the decade so far...

Still D.R.E maybe for the West Coast I dunno

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2002, 01:42:38 AM »
WC - The Streets.
40oz Graphire

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2002, 10:05:12 AM »
I dont care what anyone says.

Above The Law - Black Superman is the greatest song ever made in music PERIOD. It was made to perfection. This track is just simply amazing/ I cant think of one flaw in it. It holds structure in production. Rhymes are on point and theyre actully meaningfull. Listen to them. It might not of had a huge impact on rap but fuck that. Its still ahead of its time while "g thang" is caught back in the 90s. Black Superman will bump into the next 3 decades. End of discussion.

Now gimme bad karma dre/snoop fans...Its you thats caught up in the last decade if you think G thang cant be topped. It was a big hit but couldnt come in waving length to some amazing music that changed rap more than youd think.

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2002, 06:44:16 PM »
Decade = 2000 & More... song of THIS decade = 2000 & More...

Song of the decade so far...

Still D.R.E for the West Coast

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2002, 01:04:03 AM »
I dont care what anyone says.

Above The Law - Black Superman is the greatest song ever made in music PERIOD. It was made to perfection. This track is just simply amazing/ I cant think of one flaw in it. It holds structure in production. Rhymes are on point and theyre actully meaningfull. Listen to them. It might not of had a huge impact on rap but fuck that. Its still ahead of its time while "g thang" is caught back in the 90s. Black Superman will bump into the next 3 decades. End of discussion.

Now gimme bad karma dre/snoop fans...Its you thats caught up in the last decade if you think G thang cant be topped. It was a big hit but couldnt come in waving length to some amazing music that changed rap more than youd think.

dogg i feel u to a certain degree

i LOVE black superman....top 10 songs ever for me...but cmon ....its NUTHIN BUT A G THANG....thats #1
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2002, 07:32:42 AM »
I'm going with still D.R.E, it showed dre had finally got all his shit sorted with setting up aftermath, and made muthafuckers go out and buy 2001

Never surrender