Author Topic: so how many of you have girls?  (Read 1196 times)

Doggystylin

so how many of you have girls?
« on: December 12, 2002, 10:52:44 PM »
and how ya like her? how ya meet her? u see yourself with her in the future? or how long will it last? hows it been?

me, no luck so far, but i see somethin comin around the corner soon, but i aint sad, ima try to stay up :)

:)Another MuthaF*ckin Happy Thread :)

Trauma-san

Re:so how many of you have girls?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 10:54:42 PM »
Nah, I don't.  Mainly by choice; I don't know any that i'm just crazy about; and the few that are dateable, I don't even feel like the hassle.  I'm also afraid that it'll lead to something serious, which I'm not financially prepared for yet.  Peace~

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2002, 01:23:52 AM »
nah - but i got "projects" lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 01:24:30 AM »
Do'nt we all, LOL

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 02:24:27 AM »
In a pure Islamic society there is no concept of dating.  Islam always has promoted arranged marriages where you are matched with a woman of the same beliefs, education; someone who is headed in the same direction as you.  I'm through with dating, chasing girls.  This may sound extreme to most of you but I think that chasing women takes you away from God because you are trying to please them and fit their image of who you are supposed to be.

So I will be having an arranged Islamic marriage.  Statistically those marriages are most successful.  Because your relationship is stamped with the approval of Allah.

Brother Tech and I were discussing this topic the other day on AOL.  My broadly intelligent brother in faith stated that he was opposed to arranged marriages because he had heard too many horror stories.  My reply to him is that I've lived FIRST HAND horror stories going the other route in dating outside of marriage.  

Anyway... interesting topic Dogg, hope I didn't get too far off the main theme of the thread.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2002, 02:30:08 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2002, 02:35:22 AM »
Hmmm.  Why not just date who you want, and not try to be who they want?  If you date who you want, and be yourself, instead of trying to live up to their image of you, you'll always have better relationships, anyways.  

I applaud you for following your beliefs, though.

BTW, Mormons who marry in our temple (we believe you can be married forever, not just on earth), have a 2 percent divorce rate.  That's pretty good, national average is over 50 percent.  Plus, you get to date and marry who you want.  So it works pretty good for me.  

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2002, 02:43:42 AM »
Hmmm.  Why not just date who you want, and not try to be who they want?  If you date who you want, and be yourself, instead of trying to live up to their image of you, you'll always have better relationships, anyways.  

I applaud you for following your beliefs, though.

BTW, Mormons who marry in our temple (we believe you can be married forever, not just on earth), have a 2 percent divorce rate.  That's pretty good, national average is over 50 percent.  Plus, you get to date and marry who you want.  So it works pretty good for me.  

Trauma, what you said about being yourself and finding a girl for who you are; I still think that takes you away from God.  Let me explain.  The girl you mentioned you were in love with who is now out of your life you may have wasted years of your life with this girl.  And it will profit you not.  You may say that you learned a lot from the experience, but if that is the case then pimps and hookers would be the most knowledgeable on relationships because they've had many.

I'm not telling you your way won't work for you.  I believe it will.  And that you will find love.  I'm just explaining my view of it.  

When marriages are arranged you still marry who you want.  It is arranged, but we still can say no, there is no compulsion to get married.  You meet eachother before you get married.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2002, 02:45:16 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2002, 02:45:43 AM »
Whatever floats your boat and finds your lost remote playa.  Rock on.  

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2002, 02:46:49 AM »
Whatever floats your boat and finds your lost remote playa.  Rock on.  

Word.  

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2002, 02:48:36 AM »
I just try to chase women that fall into the categories that you quoted for being a good base for an arranged marriage.

call it my 'soul-mate' project.. the current one could work out well. we both scared how alike we are. we shall see :)

whats the point of chasing a gorgeous woman u have nothing in common with and will have u worry because every man is drooling over her. i;ve seen friends get eaten up over that shit, its not nice.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2002, 02:53:47 AM »
Yeah.  I got a scale from 1 to 10 like most guys, but I consistantly find myself the most attracted to 8's, LOL.  The 10's aren't worth the hassle, I want a girl who isn't all material and doesn't have every body in the world telling her lines about how beautiful she is.  

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2002, 03:00:23 AM »
its also good not to like same women as your friends ;)

btw.. i will choose a woman that understands wcc is important... this one is heavily into her rap music. its how we met a few years ago :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2002, 03:08:53 AM »
Oh, cool then.  If that's important to ya.  To be honest, and you can call me what you want, when I get a woman I'm ready to be down with, I'll drop this stuff, probably, because It takes up a lot of my time (which is easy now, because I'm looking for a job).  Peace~

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2002, 03:21:08 AM »
lol... whats important is that I dont wanna be forced to change, or make someone else change. i just want a female 'homie' to spend my life wit  ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2002, 03:39:33 AM »
Yeah, I hear ya.  That's cool.  Just keep that in mind, and you'll find someone great for you.  

With me; I'll change probably that aspect about my life, but Im sure you can tell, I've been wanting to change that aspect anyways.  I just don't have anything better to do with my time, LOL.