Author Topic: Fisher visiting the Heat...uh oh...  (Read 533 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Fisher visiting the Heat...uh oh...
« on: July 09, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »
lol  Not saying this would be a huge loss...just saying.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5368129

Lakers free agent point guard Derek Fisher has a meeting scheduled with Miami Heat president Pat Riley on Saturday, according to a source close to the situation.

Fisher's preference remains to re-sign with the Lakers, but he feels the need to explore his options and listen to Riley's pitch after the Heat landed free agents LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Mike Miller and re-signed Dwyane Wade this week.

According to a source, negotiations between Fisher and the Lakers have remained positive and the team has put an offer on the table that was stronger than what's been previously reported (one year, $2.5 million). Fisher returned from a trip to China on Wednesday, but he's had several conversations with both Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and Riley.

The Chicago Bulls and New Jersey Nets have also expressed an interest in the five-time NBA champion.

Earlier in the week, Lakers star Kobe Bryant expressed support for Fisher, who entered the NBA with him back in 1996.

"We need to have him back, it's as simple as that," Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin at his Kobe Bryant Skills Academy on the UC Santa Barbara campus. "It's not a question of if he will be back; it's a matter of when.

"I don't care what [the cost] is. ... They need to work that out and get him back because his significance to our ballclub and to me cannot be understated."

Last week, a source close to the negotiations told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher the Lakers are confident the point guard will return to the Lakers next season.

If Fisher signs elsewhere, Steve Blake, whom the team recently signed to a four-year, $16 million contract, would replace him in the starting lineup.

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

westsiderider323

Re: Fisher visiting the Heat...uh oh...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »
he cant leave if kobe is tellin you to return then god dammit you come back

theremedy360

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »
LMAO, that would be the biggest back stab of all time.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 11:16:52 PM »
That would honestly be hilarious lol.

The funniest part is that back when Fisher hit a game winner last-last year, there was a huge Derek Fisher Appreciation thread. If he left every Laker fan here would shit on him. ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 11:19:50 PM »

The funniest part is that back when Fisher hit a game winner last-last year, there was a huge Derek Fisher Appreciation thread. If he left every Laker fan here would shit on him. ;D

I wouldn't shit on him. He needs to make that money he deserves. It's not like his an LA native who was suppose to be the savior of the city, and without his playing every night, people wouldn't go downtown and the local economy in LA would suffer. I mean, it's not that real. I would love for him to comeback, his leadership is valuable, and he brings balance to the locker room, and without him I high doubt we can repeat, but Fisher has to do what's best for him and his family, his won LA 5 titles, his earned the right to make that money.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 11:49:42 PM »

I wouldn't shit on him. He needs to make that money he deserves. It's not like his an LA native who was suppose to be the savior of the city, and without his playing every night, people wouldn't go downtown and the local economy in LA would suffer. I mean, it's not that real. I would love for him to comeback, his leadership is valuable, and he brings balance to the locker room, and without him I high doubt we can repeat, but Fisher has to do what's best for him and his family, his won LA 5 titles, his earned the right to make that money.

If he goes to the Heat, it won't be for money.  He'll most likely get paid less there than with the Lakers.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »
^Yeah, for real.

He'll be getting close to veteran's minimum, if not the veteran minimum.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 01:22:28 AM »
Fish is not leaving ... period

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 02:51:28 AM »

If he goes to the Heat, it won't be for money.  He'll most likely get paid less there than with the Lakers.

MDogg is funny. Talking about money when it's really about winning titles.  :laugh: :laugh:
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 04:05:20 AM »
MDogg it's not about the money as the Heat doesn't have a lot to offer him

Fish already banked in when he left for GS after the 03-04 season .... if Fish left for the Heat , he would just be another bandwagoner  ...plain and simple

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 05:32:49 AM »
The Heat supposedly offer Fish  a 2 year 9 mil deal. lol

The Watcher

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 05:52:28 AM »
what was the cap set at? 58 million?

its been reported that lebron and bosh are getting 14.5m per year with wade getting 14m which leaves 15m to fill out the rest of the team

i can't seem them offering fisher that much
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 08:10:06 AM »

its been reported that lebron and bosh are getting 14.5m per year with wade getting 14m which leaves 15m to fill out the rest of the team

It's at 56 or so. Plus the Heat gon sign Mike Miller for a contract starting in the 4.6 range. Which means they can't offer Fisher much money because Haslem also needs to be signed and is more important and expensive than Fisher.

You know, the crazy thing is that the Heat have no MLE and no BAE. They traded that shit in order to create cap room. So they really have to lure a lot of vets minimum and rookie niggas to their team to get to 13 players :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 04:42:24 PM »

It's at 56 or so. Plus the Heat gon sign Mike Miller for a contract starting in the 4.6 range. Which means they can't offer Fisher much money because Haslem also needs to be signed and is more important and expensive than Fisher.

You know, the crazy thing is that the Heat have no MLE and no BAE. They traded that shit in order to create cap room. So they really have to lure a lot of vets minimum and rookie niggas to their team to get to 13 players :D

Im pretty positive they set the cap this week at 58 million. It was expected to be around 56, but surprisingly was a couple million higher.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »
i would be real suprised if D fish decided to bail, Lebron met D fish at the airport for a sales pitch.. I'd be pissed if i was D FISH though.. you give steve blake an unproven player 16 mill, but wont extend a proven playoff pressure performer's contract? you throwin him 2.5 mill? just a milli more than the veteran's minimum? i'd be hot if i was D FISH, these ppl dont APPRECIATE SHIT !! LOL