Author Topic: Donated Books to Help those Children in Tema  (Read 190 times)

Trauma-san

Donated Books to Help those Children in Tema
« on: December 12, 2002, 11:11:17 PM »
Man, this is an awesome story; I love a church that donates things to needy people around the globe, REGARDLESS of their faith.  I think one of the best ways we can help our children is by teaching them; and with these books, these children will be able to receive a valuable education.  Man, I'm getting riled up about charity work.  

-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.accra-mail.com/story.asp?id=3503

Dr. E.R.K. Dwemoh, representing LDS Charities, made a presentation of 12 containers of educational books to the Minister for Education, Professor Christopher Ameyaw-Akumfi, last Friday at the warehouse of LDS Charities in Tema.
The thousands of books received for distribution throughout the districts of Ghana are valued at $95,000.

Elder Neil Darlington, director of LDS Charities in Ghana, welcomed the group and said that "the real value of a book is worthless if not read, but becomes priceless when parents, children and teachers read and study to gain wisdom."

Dr. Dwemoh in presenting the books said, "This is a Church of action. Knowledge is power and through studying books most of us have changed attitudes.

Through education our country gets ahead." Professor Ameyaw-Akumfi said, "Many have and will benefit by your humanitarian aide." He thanked LDS Charities for their good works.

Mr Michael Boateng and Mr. Johnny Aukrah represented Mrs. Cecilia Bannerman, Minister of Manpower Development and Employment. Mr. Boateng said, "the teachers will benefit because we have not been privileged enough to have technical books.

We will make very good use of them." The group toured the warehouse where Mr Clarence B. Kofi, warehouse manager, told how LDS Charities works.

Fifteen dedicated young full time missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were working at the warehouse preparing the books for distribution.

LDS Charities, sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has as a guiding purpose to give humanitarian service regardless of faith or nationality.

Their humanitarian service provides life-sustaining resources to people in emergencies, helps strengthen families to become self-reliant, and offers opportunities for giving and service.

Health aid, medical aid, books, education and many other humanitarian gifts distributed by LDS Charities are made possible by generous donations received from throughout the world.

The Church teaches their members to follow the example of Jesus Christ and serve their fellow men. Because the Church has no salaried ministry, they are able to help throughout the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Another mindbogglingly positive post, brought to you by DJ Trauma.  

Doggystylin

Re:Donated Books to Help those Children in Tema
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 11:15:23 PM »
man thats good shit, helpin the needy, God will be very happy :)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re:Donated Books to Help those Children in Tema
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 11:30:57 AM »
Thats real good man, its nice to know people are being helped around the globe, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...