Author Topic: was islam remixed??  (Read 377 times)

techniec

Re: was islam remixed??
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2002, 04:14:42 PM »
you know i must speak up

im a muslim,fo those who dont know

as for prayer, infinite was right but there is also a significance of the 5 prayers, they occur at the different points , when the sun rises, when it comes out fully,sun down,etc...

as for the other  points, in essence what you are doing is picking apart my religion therefore i feel you dont deserve a response
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Instant_Killa

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2002, 01:49:50 AM »
you know i must speak up

im a muslim,fo those who dont know

as for prayer, infinite was right but there is also a significance of the 5 prayers, they occur at the different points , when the sun rises, when it comes out fully,sun down,etc...

as for the other  points, in essence what you are doing is picking apart my religion therefore i feel you dont deserve a response

I wasn't breaking apart ur religion. Rather, I was only trying to clear a few doubts that I had. Now ive understood islam better and have equal respect for it as with all other religions.

Peace

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2002, 03:03:19 AM »
my big bro converted to a muslimn about 5 years ago i think. not that its something interesting for y'll to read, just fealt like sayin it! he has to read something like 5 prayers on a capret type of thing a day am i right? plus i think its the fastest growiin religion in the world. actually since my big bro converted his alot more calm and down to earth now......maybve i should convert,lol, jokin man, i find it difficutl to concentrate on things, so i doubt i could follow a religion. my big bro wanted me to convert too but i dont think i am. plus im only young yet! 17

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2002, 01:32:04 PM »
Sure ya could... Just do what feels right.   If you wanna join, great, if you don't, that's cool, maybe one day you will.  Religion's not hard to follow it's all about how you feel not what you know.  All this history crap i've given you has nothing to do with how 'religious' i am, it's just book smarts, what's really important in any religion is the struggle between good and bad and where your attitude about others and yourself falls on that continuom.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2002, 01:52:02 PM »
hey yall....i was listening to the song "B.I.B.L.E" from Gza, and, I found the lyrics interesting. Gza says "for years religion did nothing but divide", and, "Why should you die to go to heaven? The Earth is already in space"--i didn't quite get this part, could it be possible that this is true?

heres some parts from the lyrics for reference:

I speak on Jacob, it might take up some time
And too much knowledge, it might break up the rhyme
I did it anyway just to wake up the mind
of those who kiss stones or prays on the carpet
Those who sit home, or sell books by the market
Need to chill and get their mind revived
For years religion did nothing but divide
The basic instructions before leaving earth

I strolled through the books of Job to unfold
And open bibles, instead of hoping on revivals
Calling on His name and screaming hallelujah
when he hardly knew ya, that's how the devil's fooled ya
See look into my eyes brethren, that's the lies of a Reverand
Why should you die to go to heaven?
The Earth is already in space, the bible I embrace
A difficult task I had to take
I studied till my eyes was swollen, and only arose when
I found out that we were the chosen
I deal with the truth, and build with the youth
And teach my son as he kneels on the stoop
Son, life is a pool of sin, corrupted with foolish men
and women with wicked minds, who build picket signs
to legalize abortion, the evil eye distortion
I quiz Son with my wisdom
Before I converted, I was perverted, and knowledge was asserted
The study of wisdom, I perferred it
The understanding, it gave me mental freedom
I even learnt Caucasians were really the Tribe of Edam
The white image, of Christ, is really Cesare Borgia
and uhh, the second son of Pope Alexander
The Sixth of Rome, and once the picture was shown
That's how the devils tricked my dome
I prophesized to save a man, but no one gave a damn
for my nation - the seed of Abraham
Blessed with the tongue of Hebrew
Now we're strung on needles, and some are plungin evils
So study and be wise in these days of darkness
Peace to my nephew Marcus

Peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2002, 03:28:02 PM »
I See Nothing Wrong With What He's Saying, He Makes a Lot Of Good Points, But I Also See Nothing That Differs With My Church's Current Beliefs In God.... He Saying Religion Did Nothing But Divide For Years.... Well, Religion Divided For Years (Catholic Church) And I Agree With That.  My Church Calls It The Great Apostacy.  Shortly After The Death Of Jesus, The 12 Men He Had Baptised As His Apostles Were All Murdered.  All 12 Of Them.  Since This Happened, There Was Nobody On The Earth For Centuries Who Had The Power Of Christ's Priesthood, So Naturally Many Things Were Fouled Up, And The Catholic Church, Along With King James And Others Perverted The Words Of God.  The Bible Was Tampered With, Several Books Were Removed, Etc.  

He Says "Why Should We Die To Go To Heaven"... I Think He's Speaking Of Religious Extremists Who Want To Be Martyrized....My Church Believes You Should Enjoy Your Time On Earth, And Then Go To Heaven.... Nobody Should Go Before Their Time, And We Should Stay Here As Long As Possible.

He Says Jesus' Picture Is One Of The Pope's Son.... There Are Several Images Of Jesus, One Was Of The Pope's Son, Others Are Almost Always White, And I'm Willing To At Least Consider The Strong Possiblity That Jesus Could Have Been Black.  I Believe He Was White, But There Is Plenty Of Evidence That He Was Black, So To Me, It's Really A Moot Point, If I Get To Heaven And Jesus Is Black, It Won't Surprise me, And Frankly I Dont' Care...

He Speaks Out Against Abortion, Which I Agree With, Abortion Is Evil, But If Some Woman Wants To Do It, That's Her Problem, I'm Not Getting Involved Or Trying To Stop Her From It.  

Honestly, It Seems Gza Is Pretty Spiritual, All He's Really Saying Is To Watch Out, A Lot Of Religion Is Crooked (It Is), And That The World Is Evil (It Is).  Notice He Doesn't Say Anywhere There Is No God, All Religion Is Bad, He Even Says "the Bible I Embrace".  

infinite59

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2002, 05:18:52 PM »
I got to read some Marcus Garvey, cause that rhyme was ill....   I listen to the Gza frequently, both his albums, and from what I've gathered, like Trauma said, he is deeply spiritual.  Don't confuse his rhymes as the words of an atheist, from what I've gathered from listening to Gza he is soul-searching, in other songs he speaks positively about Islam, 5% knowledge, and lessons in the Bible.