Author Topic: Kids - The Future  (Read 409 times)

Trauma-san

Kids - The Future
« on: December 12, 2002, 11:36:46 PM »
What, 15 years ago now, Whitney Houston Sang, "I Believe the Children Are Our Future".  Why didn't people listen to her? LOL.

I think the best way people can fight what's wrong with our world, is to educate our children, make them as smart as possible, and provide them with strong morals, so they know, what's right and what's wrong.  In actuality; they already know.  Kids do things that people would never do when they're older... check this...

I heard this story one time, this friekin' KID, this little kid, his sister had an accident.  She had a rare blood type, but luckily, her brother had the same type.  So, the doctor came out, and asked the kid, if he would help his sister out, and give her a blood transfusion.  The little boy thought about it for a second, then said "Yea, I'll do it, if it'll make her better".

Well, they go in, and they stick the kid, take a pint of blood out, or whatever, and lay him in the bed, next to his sisters bed.  He looks up at the doctor, and says "How long do I have left?" the doctor goes "Till what? we're done" and he says "Till I die?"

The little kid thought "transfusion" meant that he had to give his sister all his blood, AND STILL AGREED TO IT!  That's love right there... How many of us would do that?  He did it without a second thought.  

Usually, I hate little corny stories like that, but why? Because the world's conditioned me to think that things like that are "corny" or "Gay" or whatever.  This is just one anecdote out of millions of why Kids, on the average, are probably better people than most of us, and we consider ourselves more mature, or more intelligent.  I only wish I had the charity that little kid showed.  

That's why we need to focus on our kids, EVERYBODYS kids, not just my kids, and teach them what's wrong and right, teach them that it's alright to go with their instincts, because most of them are good.  We don't need to scold our children for doing good things, like I see happen all the time.  We need to stop imposing our prejudices and ignorance on children; their ignorance (like above) is natural; ours, as adults, is taught.  

Another positive post by DJ Trauma.  Peace~
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 11:47:41 PM by Cloud Trauma »

Doggystylin

Re:Kids - The Future
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 11:41:35 PM »
man i couldnt agree with you more, the kids are pure man cause they havent been in the world long enough to see the evil, and get used to it and grow into it, sometimes i think that the world is really f*cked because man kids nowdays are bein so mislead, like the other day i saw a headline sayin 3rd graders found with drugs including 5 bags of marajuana, comon man, whats goin on, 3rd graders?? DAMN

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 11:47:12 PM »
Exactly, you showed me that, I remember that...

You know, that some asshole somewhere is influencing those kids to want to do that, too.  Probably a ton of different things are, but we gotta make sure that doesn't happen 1 more time.  Why not? All we gotta do is all do what we feel.  We all know stuff like that is wrong, so why do we do it?  It's time we all took a look at ourselves, and made changes.  If we all change ourself, by default it'll increase the joy for everybody else.  

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 07:06:45 PM »
word amazing post trauma.  im 2 tired an sick to give a real reply so jus is jus to up this cuz this needs to be read

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 12:56:57 AM »
Great post Trauma...Kids are the future...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 12:57:23 AM by Now_I_Know »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 01:02:23 AM »
amazing story dude
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Instant_Killa

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2002, 01:42:03 AM »
good post trauma

Education commences at the mother's knee, and every word spoken within the hearing of little children tends towards the formation of character.
--Hosea Ballou

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2002, 02:10:15 AM »
When teaching.  You must assume what you teach is correct.  Most people can only assume this.  I'm not sure, but perhaps a few people, are certain what they teach is correct.

I wonder how many teachers have taught their students the wrong ideals because of their assumptions.  

Teaching is much more difficult than most people think.  In order to do so you must know the short term and long term consequences of what you teach.  If you are going to impose your ideals, then you should be able to stand by ur ideals with evidence showing their value.  And that evidence does not come in a temporary form.  Temporary success in life does not give an individual the right to say "i believe this and it worked for me, it can work for you to."  It also is not evidence if you say "this worked for me" but in reality you ran from situations that challenged your beliefs.   To go even further.  Since each individual is different "this worked for me, my whole life through" doesn't necesarily qualify either as being something that definitively should be taught.  It worked for you, but it may not work for our kids.

Morals are a subjective concept.  There may be a definite right and wrong, but who are any of us to proclaim we know them.  Some say, God handed them down that is proof enough.  But God handed Islam, Christianity, and Judaism different morals.  Either he is confused.  Or his interpreters were confused.  In either cased, morals as explained by confused interpreters of God's word are still subjective.  

I'm sure I would be wrong to say we shouldn't teach out kids, and shouldn't give them ethics.  But I wholly agree that before any individual takes it upon himself to impose a moral system on another individual they first take the time to become fully educated of all the possbilities and all the consequences and after doing so if they still have the will to attempt to teach another human being then it is up to them.  
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 02:12:39 AM by Ant »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2002, 08:20:29 AM »
man i couldnt agree with you more, the kids are pure man cause they havent been in the world long enough to see the evil, and get used to it and grow into it, sometimes i think that the world is really f*cked because man kids nowdays are bein so mislead, like the other day i saw a headline sayin 3rd graders found with drugs including 5 bags of marajuana, comon man, whats goin on, 3rd graders?? DAMN

yeah.. word man...

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2002, 02:49:12 PM »
Word, check it, i hear elementry kids talkin bout smokin pot, and drinking, everyone in my skool smokes/drinks/does drugs.  Its pathetic, all my peers r way to immature for their age, act real dumb, cuz they too cought up in having an "image", fake rules n regulations, so self absorbed its making them stupid.  Forward to the future, they'll be hooked on drugs/drinks, wont give a shit bout anything, have kids, who'll be raised wrong, and thats that.
Its sad, the older generation of adults act too immature themselves, dont raise their kids right, then the kids[this generation], do the same thing, screw up, get involved with crap, then they have kids...Man i talk about this ALL THE TIME...
The future generation really isnt lookin too bright for me...peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...