Poll

Who, At this point, is the Greatest Lyricist Alive?

Eminem
17 (54.8%)
Nas
13 (41.9%)
Jay Z
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL TRAUMA LYRICISM POLL - Em, J, Nas  (Read 582 times)

Trauma-san

Re:THE OFFICIAL TRAUMA LYRICISM POLL - Em, J, Nas
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2002, 10:32:59 PM »
Neither of these three man...

The greatest lyricist alive is Canibus...

The man has more vocab than all 3 of these guys together...

Also...he's smart as hell.  He musta been a nerd in high school...listen to some of his GOOD shit...

As a lyricist, Canibus is way better than these 3...but out of these 3 I would pick Eminem because of his flow and wordplay...

PS: What the fuck is Jay Z doin on here?  How can u even put him next to Nas and Eminem?  Just because he's makin the most money and is the most popular, DOESN'T mean he's the best...fuckin A'!

Canibus HAS NO CAREEEEEEEER.  That's what I said in the first post, this is My 3, who do you think is the  best out of these? I don't want everyboyd's bullshit opinion about who they think is best, out of THESE THREE, t-h-e-s-e t-h-r-e-e who do you prefer?  Peace~

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2002, 12:01:43 AM »
Neither of these three man...

The greatest lyricist alive is Canibus...

The man has more vocab than all 3 of these guys together...

Also...he's smart as hell.  He musta been a nerd in high school...listen to some of his GOOD shit...

As a lyricist, Canibus is way better than these 3...but out of these 3 I would pick Eminem because of his flow and wordplay...

PS: What the fuck is Jay Z doin on here?  How can u even put him next to Nas and Eminem?  Just because he's makin the most money and is the most popular, DOESN'T mean he's the best...fuckin A'!

Canibus HAS NO CAREEEEEEEER.  That's what I said in the first post, this is My 3, who do you think is the  best out of these? I don't want everyboyd's bullshit opinion about who they think is best, out of THESE THREE, t-h-e-s-e t-h-r-e-e who do you prefer?  Peace~

Yeah...and I picked EM out of YOUR THREE...

Canibus may not be near as popular or well known as these three guys, but he is alot better than all three of them...

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2002, 12:07:15 AM »
Cool then, but we'll save all that for later; I just mean outta these 3... Peace, Loc~

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2002, 12:20:41 AM »
eminem......he's the complete package

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2002, 01:50:40 AM »
Overall: NaS
Em comes real close tho, pz

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2002, 02:27:58 AM »

-{bLaDe}

I guess I'd have to go with Eminem if it's on lyrics... even though I dont really bump his shit... But I too must say this poll is straight wackness..

Who cares about who could carry a carreer with rap music... doesn't exactly mean you're good... Nelly, MC Hammer, Big Tymers all made millions. They might not be as good as the guys you listed.. but with your standards it puts them in tha same category... and it leaves out a huge number of rappers who are lyrically on tha same level as tha three just cuz they aint on tha same level financially...

....straight wackness!

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2002, 06:14:03 AM »

-{bLaDe}

I guess I'd have to go with Eminem if it's on lyrics... even though I dont really bump his shit... But I too must say this poll is straight wackness..

Who cares about who could carry a carreer with rap music... doesn't exactly mean you're good... Nelly, MC Hammer, Big Tymers all made millions. They might not be as good as the guys you listed.. but with your standards it puts them in tha same category... and it leaves out a huge number of rappers who are lyrically on tha same level as tha three just cuz they aint on tha same level financially...

....straight wackness!

Man, you just don't understand what I'm saying.  I"m listing people who are Lyrically talented, AND have a career.

Hammer.  Had a career.  Wasn't lyrically talented.  That's why he's not on the list.  

Rass Kass.  Lyrically Talented.  Has No Career.  That's why he's not on the list.  

Get It?  

If I put down everybody that was lyrically talented, There'd be millions of people.  We can only make a safe judgement on the three I put down, because they've been around long enough and dropped enough albums to be able to compare them.  Ras Kass is close, but he's really not very well known outside the underground.  

If I just put up "WHOS THE BEST LYRICALLY????" everybody here would put somebody different, and it'd be a bunch of bullsh*t.  So, I narrowed it down to three.  

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2002, 07:14:12 AM »
All three are awesome rappers, but Eminem is the best lyricist out of the three, and the best lyricist in all of hiphop right now.
With Nas at #2 and Jigga at #3... I don't think Jigga can stake his claim as the best lyricist in the year 2002, but if you go back to '96, '97, he was the shit, quite possibly the #1 lyricist and MC at the time. Peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2002, 10:59:01 AM »
Kool G Rap has a career...so does KRS...why arent they on the list?....cmon man...that list gotta be the wackest list i seen...just cuz they sold millions dont make them better than nobody....

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2002, 06:42:53 PM »
Because, believe it or not, not everybody on this board has heard Kool G Rap.  Same with KRS One, you might think it's not true, but it is.  Everybody's heard jay nas and Em, that's why I choose them.  

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2002, 06:49:53 PM »

I go with Ras KAss, he is the only one that can touch these guys.......

What you talkin bout!! They can't touch ras kass

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2002, 04:55:29 AM »
Trauma I know what your trying to say, you've basically picked three of the most successful but at the same time talented (Jay-Z is a debatable name for me though ;)) at this point in time, everybody has an opinion when it comes to these (love or hate them) so it's easier for everybody to genuinely give one. He never said OF ALL TIME so chill people.

Anyway, I think both Nas and Em are great but in different areas, I think Jay, although at times suprises me, is an average MC (in all departments) so he doesn't match upto them in terms of talent for me, but there's not many rappers with careers that I would take over Nas, ever. Lyrically he's had 5 of my fav. albums of all time, most of his content is just unfadeable when he's on the ball. He's been one of my all time fav's for a bloody long time now, and I doubt that will ever change.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 04:58:48 AM by =[Euthanasia]= »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2002, 04:59:59 AM »
Thanks man, I appreciate you understanding me, LOL.  Peace~

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2002, 08:47:50 AM »
What you talkin bout!! They can't touch ras kass

Lyrically and his vocabulary maybe but all three of those guys are easily better all around emcees than Ras Kass.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 08:48:42 AM by C2Knuckles »