Author Topic: man this cat just told me jadakiss is better than crooked i!! wow  (Read 2044 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: man this cat just told me jadakiss is better than crooked i!! wow
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2010, 10:38:33 AM »
Not to me, something "deep" is just something that is personal with substance.

Like "In Da Club" isn't a deep song; "Many Men" is a deep song. "Drug Ballad" isn't a deep song; "Stan" is.

What you just posted, is lyrical, sure; but it isn't super-duper lyrical; it's mostly Pac just flowing his ass off, like usual.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjegfTp2LxA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HjegfTp2LxA</a> That's lyrical to me; where "Dance" isn't lyrical, but without a doubt a better song.

& Crooked I spits with majority dope punchlines, with great word play & wraps it nicely in his flow; he's more lyrical.

That's a stupid analogy. So gibberish would be more lyrical as long as it uses bigger words? Get out of here. You forget that punchlines are entirely a hip hop phenomenon. The greatest lyricists in music don't even use punchlines.

Crooked I is in no way more lyrical. Even if we were to go by your analogy, Crooked I is more straightforward than Pac in his rhymes. You always know exactly what he's talking about. You've gotta be a major stan to think Crooked I is even close to the lyricist Pac was.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »
damn thats crazy imo...who do u think was close c pacs level? Pac gon b rollin n his grave, cuba or africa somewhere if u say biggie or jay-z haha
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
damn thats crazy imo...who do u think was close c pacs level? Pac gon b rollin n his grave, cuba or africa somewhere if u say biggie or jay-z haha

In no way is anybody on Pac's level, but in terms of lyricism, plenty surpass him.

Big L is probably considered the most lyrical of all the legends & he used wordplay all the time lol; surprise, surprise?

@ Rapsodie, I never said they use "big words", they just have a godly flow, with great wordplay, allah Eminem, Big L, etc.

Pac had an amazing flow, but he was just straight forward with his lyrics.

I understand your stance on this, you're saying songs like "Dear Mama" & "Changes" are lyrical for what he says, like the substance alone makes him lyrical. That's not what being lyrical means to me though; I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

I also understand your stance on how Crooked I isn't legally allowed to be compared or in the same sentence as anyone good; which doesn't surprise me I'm debating this with you of all people lol.

I mean, don't you notice how you completely ignored Tanner? He explained Pac but you had no rebuttle to that because it wasn't about Crooked I; you probably at heart don't disagree with what he said; but your mission here is to just put Crooked I in his bad light where he isn't allowed a sliver of credit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »

In no way is anybody on Pac's level, but in terms of lyricism, plenty surpass him.

Big L is probably considered the most lyrical of all the legends & he used wordplay all the time lol; surprise, surprise?

@ Rapsodie, I never said they use "big words", they just have a godly flow, with great wordplay, allah Eminem, Big L, etc.

Pac had an amazing flow, but he was just straight forward with his lyrics.

I understand your stance on this, you're saying songs like "Dear Mama" & "Changes" are lyrical for what he says, like the substance alone makes him lyrical. That's not what being lyrical means to me though; I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

I also understand your stance on how Crooked I isn't legally allowed to be compared or in the same sentence as anyone good; which doesn't surprise me I'm debating this with you of all people lol.

I mean, don't you notice how you completely ignored Tanner? He explained Pac but you had no rebuttle to that because it wasn't about Crooked I; you probably at heart don't disagree with what he said; but your mission here is to just put Crooked I in his bad light where he isn't allowed a sliver of credit.

I'm putting Crooked I in a bad light because he's not a better lyricist than a goat contender?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2010, 11:35:34 AM »
I gave Tanner an answer with my answer to you. What is the point of giving a direct rebuttal when he didn't even have much of an argument? You can't throw out words like rapper, lyricist, and MC without explaining what you think is the difference between them. Be real, when you listen to a Pac song or a Crooked I song, which one do you "think harder" about? You think its hating but its just stating the facts. They're called "punchlines"  for a reason, because they're easily understood. Where are all these examples of Crooked I verses that are hard to think about?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
So I looked up the word lyrical...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lyrical

Nothing in there does it say about use of punchlines.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »
^Pac is known to not be a lyricist, that's not what he's touted for.

Punchlines don't equal being a lyricist, but Nas is the best becase he flows so awesomely & says things a creative way. Pac just came out and said shit, didn't make you think, was saying basic things, just deep things.

"didn't make you think"   "deep things"

These two phrases don't go together. Pac made a lot of people think. That's why he was so huge and everyone loves him. How the fuck is he not a lyricist? LMAO.

They do. "Dear Mama" was deep & real and all that jazz, but you didn't have to think. He was straight forward with his lines. Same goes for "Changes" & "Keep Ya Head Up".

Tanner summed it up well; minus the Jada vs. Crooked part. :P

The definition of something being "deep" is something that makes you think. Lines being straightforward or not doesn't have all that much to do with the thoughts they inspire.

Crooked I's lines are way more straightforward than Pac's by the way. Do you actually listen to Pac?

How is this not the work of a lyricist? You're killing me.

I've never thought because of a 2Pac song. Let me state that first and foremost. I've listened to his albums and unreleased material for years. There's no double meanings, no real political commentary, etc. It's all the same for every song. I'd put more effort listening to a 2Pac song, but it isn't lyricist material. He's songs are just as simple as Crooked I, because they are all straight to the point.

Matty

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2010, 12:25:42 PM »
that cat be trippin' yo :bandit:

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2010, 12:26:34 PM »
that cat be trippin' yo :bandit:

Word up to the homie g's on southside 34th Street.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
I don't call people against Crooked haters. He said that his shit was weak & gets outshined on every song. That's blatant hating. I like Joe Budden more than anybody in Slaughterhouse & it's obvious Crooked outshines him on most Slaughterhouse songs.
i agree with that

but the jada and crooked thing it's who's better and you got to judge all around, and i just don't get how anybody can say crooked has proven he's done that? i mean 52 weeks of straight freestyles is impressive,but hell super nat did 8 hours of straight off the dome freestlying and that's more impressive don't you think? no time to sit and think what to write like crooked did, and again does that make him "better" then crooked? no because his recorded shit ain't better,his features are not better,concepts are not better,but i bet if they battled face to face nat would tear a hole in his ass,but then again it doesn't make him better!! and how come none of crooked's songs match what he does on freestlyes? can't say that about jada, and pac made songs for real street equals to feel and understand,i mean lets be honest most hard core gangsta equals (not all) ain't trying to hear all them big words that nas be saying,they want to hear a muthafucca talk exactly how they be talking and pac did that better then anybody, so people can say how fake pac was all they want but networth  gangsta's will still tell you that muthafucca spoke that real shit, it ain't that lil wayne shit haha, and when nas talk thug talk who really believes that guy? lets be honest, and it's the same with crooked when he talks about gangsta shit and holding guns and all that who believes him? but when jada does it you believe him!!! shit like that means alot yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2010, 01:12:58 PM »

Punchlines don't equal being a lyricist, but Nas is the best becase he flows so awesomely & says things a creative way. Pac just came out and said shit, didn't make you think, was saying basic things, just deep things.

These two phrases don't go together. Pac made a lot of people think. That's why he was so huge and everyone loves him. How the fuck is he not a lyricist? LMAO.

They do. "Dear Mama" was deep & real and all that jazz, but you didn't have to think. He was straight forward with his lines. Same goes for "Changes" & "Keep Ya Head Up".

The definition of something being "deep" is something that makes you think. Lines being straightforward or not doesn't have all that much to do with the thoughts they inspire.

Crooked I's lines are way more straightforward than Pac's by the way. Do you actually listen to Pac?

I've never thought because of a 2Pac song. Let me state that first and foremost. I've listened to his albums and unreleased material for years. There's no double meanings, no real political commentary, etc. It's all the same for every song. I'd put more effort listening to a 2Pac song, but it isn't lyricist material. He's songs are just as simple as Crooked I, because they are all straight to the point.

What is lyricist material then? What do you mean you've never thought listening to a 2Pac song? Why would you be putting more effort into listening to his song if there's nothing there to think about?

I just posted a link to the definition of lyrical.
1. Expressing deep personal emotion or observations
2. Highly enthusiastic; rhapsodic

To me that's the essence of 2Pac's music.

And lol, just noticed "rhapsodic." If I were a rapper I'd have the perfect name.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2010, 01:19:35 PM »
Crooked doin 52 3 minute freestyles is dope and better than jada and nat cuz of what he says on some of the dopest beats and even makes wack songs dope...imo same cant b said bout jada and even nat doin a 8 hour freestyle...crooked leaves u shook and leanin 2 tha side....he gets hatred on another level cuz he dont have a album...but like i said everyone would find somethin or someway 2 hate on him
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

V2DHeart

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »
I don't call people against Crooked haters. He said that his shit was weak & gets outshined on every song. That's blatant hating. I like Joe Budden more than anybody in Slaughterhouse & it's obvious Crooked outshines him on most Slaughterhouse songs.
i agree with that

but the jada and crooked thing it's who's better and you got to judge all around, and i just don't get how anybody can say crooked has proven he's done that? i mean 52 weeks of straight freestyles is impressive,but hell super nat did 8 hours of straight off the dome freestlying and that's more impressive don't you think? no time to sit and think what to write like crooked did, and again does that make him "better" then crooked? no because his recorded shit ain't better,his features are not better,concepts are not better,but i bet if they battled face to face nat would tear a hole in his ass,but then again it doesn't make him better!! and how come none of crooked's songs match what he does on freestlyes? can't say that about jada, and pac made songs for real street equals to feel and understand,i mean lets be honest most hard core gangsta equals (not all) ain't trying to hear all them big words that nas be saying,they want to hear a muthafucca talk exactly how they be talking and pac did that better then anybody, so people can say how fake pac was all they want but networth  gangsta's will still tell you that muthafucca spoke that real shit, it ain't that lil wayne shit haha, and when nas talk thug talk who really believes that guy? lets be honest, and it's the same with crooked when he talks about gangsta shit and holding guns and all that who believes him? but when jada does it you believe him!!! shit like that means alot yell

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »
Before the hhw series i hadnt really heard much of crooked only really boom boom clap and a few other songs. The series is what made a fan of crooked. Dont think there was aweak freestyle n he killed the second coming beat n the finale was clasic shit.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2010, 03:15:51 PM »

What is lyricist material then? What do you mean you've never thought listening to a 2Pac song? Why would you be putting more effort into listening to his song if there's nothing there to think about?

I just posted a link to the definition of lyrical.
1. Expressing deep personal emotion or observations
2. Highly enthusiastic; rhapsodic

To me that's the essence of 2Pac's music.

And lol, just noticed "rhapsodic." If I were a rapper I'd have the perfect name.

The reason I put more effort into listening to it was because 2Pac is a better artist than Crooked I, and I put more thought listening to 2Pac because of that. Crooked I's not a lyricist either. They are both just rappers. 2Pac has emotion and flow in his delivery, if he didn't have that - you wouldn't think of him being a lyricist.