Author Topic: man this cat just told me jadakiss is better than crooked i!! wow  (Read 2067 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: man this cat just told me jadakiss is better than crooked i!! wow
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2010, 02:13:18 PM »
Cham pac is millions times better than big...and like member said crooked is better than pac and cube and jada cant make 52 dope 3 minute freestyles and crooked on a slow song>>>jada on a slow song and box i was playin cham is neutral and gives honest nput which is y i brought it up
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2010, 02:14:23 PM »
It's astounding the hate Crooked I gets on this board lol.

Jadakiss is a feature artist for mainstream rappers, nobody listens to his albums, because they honestly aren't that great.

I refuse to count anything with The LOX because nobody gives Crooked I any credit for the Slaughterhouse album.

Jadakiss is dope as fuck, I take nothing from him, he can spit as good as anyone in the game, but on a consistant basis, not like Crooked I; just check the Hip Hop Weekly Series.

We aren't talking about punchline for punchline though. I've already pointed out that neither Cube nor Pac were punchline rappers. Are you saying Crooked I is better than them? There's a reason that rappers like Supernat and MC Juice never come up in GOAT discussions. They have their talent at spitting, but it doesn't necessarily translate into making songs and albums.

Take the best songs from both and Jada comes out on top. Like I said before, Crooked I is a freestyler at heart.  He doesn't have any songs on the level of Why.

Fyi, I give Crooked I credit for the Slaughterhouse album. He shone on that album. I actually think he comes across stronger on features and collabs than on his own shit because he  gets to focus more on his verse and less about song ideas and concepts. But one good not great album where four emcees all collaborated still isn't proving he can make great music.

Well why aren't we looking at punchlines? That's all Jada is at this point. & how many West Coast artists have a song like "Why" besides Pac? West artists are caught up in gang related, street shit. Speaking of which, how many songs does Jada have like "Why"? All I ever hear him rap about is pulling triggers and shit.

Jada can spit his ass off, but Crooked easily shits on him; if Jada did 52 straight 3 minute freestyles, it would get weak after a while.

& Crooked is probably a better lyricist than Cube & Pac; but Pac & Cube have better songs.

I don't understand how you can say a rapper makes better songs but is a weaker lyricist. What do you think being a lyricist is? How is a dude who spits punchlines a great lyricist? You seem to be forgetting the lyrics part of lyricist. A lyricist that means way more than filling your rhymes with basic punchlines. Punchlines are jokes told through rhyme. Why is that lyrical? Lyrics are the words to a song. If you're just freestyling and not making great songs, you're not really a great lyricist. Punchlines can make you laugh or think that something's clever, but they don't make a song. They can add to a song, but if that's all there is then that's not being lyrical. In my opinion Nas is one of the greatest lyricists of all time and he rarely uses punchlines. Same with 2Pac and Cube, they  are far better lyricists than Crooked I. Jada is also a better lyricist than Crooked, though clearly not on the same level of the others I've mentioned.

Who would want to hear Jadakiss do 52 freestyles? 52 freestyles from anyone would be boring. I'd much rather hear him making songs that actually have something behind them, whether its about street shit or questioning the system.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:16:24 PM by rapsodie is a hip hop elitist »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
^Pac is known to not be a lyricist, that's not what he's touted for.

Punchlines don't equal being a lyricist, but Nas is the best becase he flows so awesomely & says things a creative way. Pac just came out and said shit, didn't make you think, was saying basic things, just deep things.

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2010, 02:21:31 PM »

Jadakiss is a feature artist for mainstream rappers, nobody listens to his albums, because they honestly aren't that great.

I refuse to count anything with The LOX because nobody gives Crooked I any credit for the Slaughterhouse album.

Jadakiss is dope as fuck, I take nothing from him, he can spit as good as anyone in the game, but on a consistant basis, not like Crooked I; just check the Hip Hop Weekly Series.

Crooked I gets outshined by every member of Slaughterhouse on the group joints, doesn't have 1 album, has some of the corniest, weakest bars I have ever heard, bad flow

Incorrect, Crooked easily has some of the best bars in Slaughterhouse; but judging how you just worded that with "corniest", "weakest" & "bad flow", obviously just a Crooked hater.

Don't be rediculous, I'm not a "hater" because I bump some of his shit, if I say some things I dont like about him it's because those are things I don't like about him fuck outta here with this "hater" shit

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2010, 03:06:34 PM »

Punchlines don't equal being a lyricist, but Nas is the best becase he flows so awesomely & says things a creative way. Pac just came out and said shit, didn't make you think, was saying basic things, just deep things.

"didn't make you think"   "deep things"

These two phrases don't go together. Pac made a lot of people think. That's why he was so huge and everyone loves him. How the fuck is he not a lyricist? LMAO.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »

These two phrases don't go together. Pac made a lot of people think. That's why he was so huge and everyone loves him. How the fuck is he not a lyricist? LMAO.

As a former hardcore 2Pac fan, he had good lyrics, he had a good following, but I don't consider him a lyricist. He just spat about his life and what he saw. The only reason people thought about it was because they never experienced someone bring political spitting to the forefront. 2Pac was not a lyricist or an MC to me. He was a rapper, and probably the best to ever rap but I don't put him into the category of having lyrics that make you think hard.

Also....

Jadakiss >>>>>>>>> Crooked I

It's almost a tie, but I have to give it to Jada.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2010, 05:39:41 PM »

Crooked I gets outshined by every member of Slaughterhouse on the group joints, doesn't have 1 album, has some of the corniest, weakest bars I have ever heard, bad flow

Incorrect, Crooked easily has some of the best bars in Slaughterhouse; but judging how you just worded that with "corniest", "weakest" & "bad flow", obviously just a Crooked hater.

Don't be rediculous, I'm not a "hater" because I bump some of his shit, if I say some things I dont like about him it's because those are things I don't like about him fuck outta here with this "hater" shit

SC is a huge hater   quit tryin to play ppl son

as for Kiss vs Crook....Crook easily     its like comparing a dimepiece of a 8
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »

They do. "Dear Mama" was deep & real and all that jazz, but you didn't have to think. He was straight forward with his lines. Same goes for "Changes" & "Keep Ya Head Up".

Tanner summed it up well; minus the Jada vs. Crooked part. :P

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2010, 08:27:01 PM »

They do. "Dear Mama" was deep & real and all that jazz, but you didn't have to think. He was straight forward with his lines. Same goes for "Changes" & "Keep Ya Head Up".

Tanner summed it up well; minus the Jada vs. Crooked part. :P

The definition of something being "deep" is something that makes you think. Lines being straightforward or not doesn't have all that much to do with the thoughts they inspire.

Crooked I's lines are way more straightforward than Pac's by the way. Do you actually listen to Pac?

How is this not the work of a lyricist? You're killing me.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
Not to me, something "deep" is just something that is personal with substance.

Like "In Da Club" isn't a deep song; "Many Men" is a deep song. "Drug Ballad" isn't a deep song; "Stan" is.

What you just posted, is lyrical, sure; but it isn't super-duper lyrical; it's mostly Pac just flowing his ass off, like usual.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjegfTp2LxA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HjegfTp2LxA</a> That's lyrical to me; where "Dance" isn't lyrical, but without a doubt a better song.

& Crooked I spits with majority dope punchlines, with great word play & wraps it nicely in his flow; he's more lyrical.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2010, 04:01:13 AM »
Being a better lyricist but makin weaker songs at the same time makes perfect sense.. Happens all the time

Just not in this case..

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2010, 07:04:50 AM »
Chams right...what bout dance by nas? Dope slow song wit alotta meanin (if u were talkin bout a different dance)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2010, 07:24:12 AM »
I think jadas dope but imo theres not many people who can fuck with crooked when it comes to straight up jst rappin. I dont really care if crooked still aint dropped an album hes still released a shit load of quality material over the years.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2010, 10:15:57 AM »
Real talk^^
Cube

Nega-Sikotic 3.5.

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »
Me >>>>> Jada, Crooked.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)