Author Topic: Muslim Extremists Threatening To Attack Australia  (Read 316 times)

CWalker187

Muslim Extremists Threatening To Attack Australia
« on: December 13, 2002, 09:00:36 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,72890,00.html

Alleged Terror Leader Bashir Warns Australia Against Pre-emptive Strike

Thursday, December 12, 2002

SYDNEY, Australia  — The alleged spiritual leader of the Islamic group blamed for the Bali bombings warned Australia would be "destroyed instantly" if it launched pre-emptive strikes against overseas terrorist targets.

The comment was among answers to a series of questions put to Abu Bakar Bashir by the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper and published Friday.

Bashir, the alleged spiritual head of radical Islamic group Jemaah Islamiyah, is being held in a Jakarta hospital by Indonesian authorities who accuse him of involvement in a string of church bombings in 2000.

Australia has put Jemaah Islamiyah, which wants to set up an Islamic state across Southeast Asia, on a list of banned terrorist organizations.

Prime Minister John Howard recently sparked outrage in Southeast Asia by saying he was prepared to launch pre-emptive strikes on terrorists based in other countries if doing so would prevent an attack on Australia.

Bashir said Australians would be dragged into a war with Muslims if they went along with the "crazy idea" of a pre-emptive strike.

"So, if John Howard's stance is followed by the people of Australia you must know that there will be war in the world and, God willing, Australia will be destroyed instantly due to the crazy idea of its prime minister."

Howard refused to comment directly on Bashir's comments but insisted Australia was not anti-Islam.

"I would simply make the general point that this country self-evidently bears no ill will or malice towards any Muslim country or to Islam," he said.

Bashir's comments were recorded from his hospital bed by a confidante who put to him written questions from the Herald, the paper said.

The Oct. 12 blasts that tore through crowded night clubs in a resort area on the Indonesian island of Bali killed more than 180 people, including 88 Australians.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:Muslim Extremists Threatening To Attack Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2002, 11:03:02 AM »
is the western world all of a sudden overcome by an epedemic of stupid ignorant leaders?

i mean since when has the idea of pre emptive strikes had so much legtimicy and approval?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2002, 11:45:55 AM »
is the western world all of a sudden overcome by an epedemic of stupid ignorant leaders?

i mean since when has the idea of pre emptive strikes had so much legtimicy and approval?

What it comes down to is that these leaders get intelligence everyday saying islamic extremeists are planning to carry out bombings on their soil.

What do you expect them to do?
Sit back and wait for shit to happen?

CWalker187

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 01:37:40 PM »

What it comes down to is that these leaders get intelligence everyday saying islamic extremeists are planning to carry out bombings on their soil.

What do you expect them to do?
Sit back and wait for shit to happen?

Of course that is what they expect us to do. The west isn't allowed to protect and defend itself.

Heck, they didn't even want us to invade Afghanistan after  we were attacked on September 11.