Author Topic: Truth is, if BIG was still alive he wouldn't be any better then Rick Ross is now  (Read 2639 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Read to Die is 5/5 classic (unlike Reasonable Doubt), no one can deny that but check out his second album.  Life After Death is a 3/5 album AT BEST, but he got killed so hip hop community gave it a pity classic status.  Cut all the filler from that double disc album and you're left with barely a single disc album and even then I'd give that version 4/5 TOPS.  So let's look at Rick Ross, lyrically he's you average studio gangster rapper with the occasional clever line, like BIG was after RTD.  Couple his lyrics with very high quality production and you have basically what BIG would be if he was still alive.  Reality is though, if he was still alive and still with puffy his beats probably wouldn't be nearly as good so he'd probably be putting out albums worse then officer Rawse
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Jimmy H.

Life After Death ain't any more overrated as a "classic album" than All Eyez On Me is. Big was making major waves before he died so your argument really don't hold much weight to me but you've said more ridicilous things on this board so it's all good.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Life After Death ain't any more overrated as a "classic album" than All Eyez On Me is. Big was making major waves before he died so your argument really don't hold much weight to me but you've said more ridicilous things on this board so it's all good.

All Eyez on me was also greatly overrated, but if you cut out all the fillers from both double LP's AEOM is quite a bit better then LAD
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:45:34 PM by Detox Iz Not Active »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i laugh at this post, ain't got nothing against you my equal,but you "dead wrong" on this one yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

bullet_wrongkind

soopa-man

see the thing is Life After... is a classic becasue Jay-Z is still making money off that formula and so is 80% of rappers out their now, before that album there wasnt any one rapping over fruity 80's pop samples and doing R&B remixes to hype thier albums and relevancy. BIG did that granted Dre & Snoop may have started it but Bad Boy perfected it (whether it lead to better music after Life After & No Way Out is not the case) I agree its hard to say where Big would be now he didnt have much material to judge but he was the greatest to me at being univeraslly dope...Life After Death = literally every rappers formula for an album these days...thats why Makaveli & was dope too because it was dirty unapologetic and said fuck radio, and fuck everybody who aint down it was completely opposite at the time...

Jimmy H.

All Eyez on me was also greatly overrated, but if you cut out all the fillers from both double LP's AEOM is quite a bit better then RTD
I think you mean Life After Death and I don't think I agree.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
see the thing is Life After... is a classic becasue Jay-Z is still making money off that formula and so is 80% of rappers out their now, before that album there wasnt any one rapping over fruity 80's pop samples and doing R&B remixes to hype thier albums and relevancy. BIG did that granted Dre & Snoop may have started it but Bad Boy perfected it (whether it lead to better music after Life After & No Way Out is not the case) I agree its hard to say where Big would be now he didnt have much material to judge but he was the greatest to me at being univeraslly dope...Life After Death = literally every rappers formula for an album these days...thats why Makaveli & was dope too because it was dirty unapologetic and said fuck radio, and fuck everybody who aint down it was completely opposite at the time...

great fucc'n post 110% networth yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Matty

ridicolous statement. rick ross is ass next to biggie, aint got flow or funk or anything really. just a shitty, fat rapper with awful vocals. sorry to the ross fans (which is quite a lot of you).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:55:33 PM by Matty »

StevenQBosell

great fucc'n post 110% networth yell

Leggy Hendrix

ridicolous statement. rick ross is ass next to biggie

all that needs to be said

as ive said before i hate shock posters

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

PLANT

yeah, this shit is ridiculous.  life after death is a dope fucking album and big is still the greatest new york rapper to ever do it.  i listened to rick ross new cd once and have no desire to listen again, meanwhile im still banging biggies music 15+ years later

get the fuck outa here!

BiggBoogaBiff

i made a best of "Life After Death" album called the "Frank White Story", it's actually a pretty deep and dark album.  

"The Frank White Story"

Kick In The Door [start off rite on the beat, i wanted to add the "Biggie" sample on the start but i didnt wana fuck up the quality after i realized that it would sound better]
My Downfall [starts when Puff said "jealousy's a muthafucka"]
Notorious Thugz [added an adlib so the song didn't start off like it was cut off like on the regular version]
Fucking You Tonight
Going Back To Cali
Somebody's Gotta Die [combined with the outro of the intro beat]
Last Day
Ten Crack Commandments
What's Beef
Niggas Bleed
The World Is Filled...
I Got A Story To Tell
B.I.G
Hypnotize
Sky's The Limit
You're Nobody ('Til Somebody Kills You)

"I Love The Dough EP"

Life After Death Intro [fades out before the "somebody's gotta die" beat kicks in]
Mo Money Mo Problems
Another
Miss U
I Love The Dough
Nasty Boy
Long Kiss Goodnight [starts right at the rapping]
Playa Hater

4/5 or 4.5/5, depends on the mood

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I was a Pac supporter so I hated Biggie; & even though I think Big woulda sold out, him selling out would still forty times better than Rick Ross.

Ross is the lamest rapper in the game.

PLANT

i made a best of "Life After Death" album called the "Frank White Story", it's actually a pretty deep and dark album.  

"The Frank White Story"

Kick In The Door [start off rite on the beat, i wanted to add the "Biggie" sample on the start but i didnt wana fuck up the quality after i realized that it would sound better]
My Downfall [starts when Puff said "jealousy's a muthafucka"]
Notorious Thugz [added an adlib so the song didn't start off like it was cut off like on the regular version]
Fucking You Tonight
Going Back To Cali
Somebody's Gotta Die [combined with the outro of the intro beat]
Last Day
Ten Crack Commandments
What's Beef
Niggas Bleed
The World Is Filled...
I Got A Story To Tell
B.I.G
Hypnotize
Sky's The Limit
You're Nobody ('Til Somebody Kills You)

"I Love The Dough EP"

Life After Death Intro [fades out before the "somebody's gotta die" beat kicks in]
Mo Money Mo Problems
Another
Miss U
I Love The Dough
Nasty Boy
Long Kiss Goodnight [starts right at the rapping]
Playa Hater

4/5 or 4.5/5, depends on the mood
damn that Frank White album you made there is a dope selection