Author Topic: Truth is, if BIG was still alive he wouldn't be any better then Rick Ross is now  (Read 2649 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

u just missed tha whole point bruh^^

i dont think so

Na, you clearly did. Apparently, if you're not a Black American, you're not allowed to talk Hip Hop because it's "so difficult to understand if you're not living it". ::)

:D

What if you're from Maryland and just started listening to 90s hip hop a year ago?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

i dont think so

Na, you clearly did. Apparently, if you're not a Black American, you're not allowed to talk Hip Hop because it's "so difficult to understand if you're not living it". ::)

What if you're from Maryland and just started listening to 90s hip hop a year ago?

That's good, dudes doing their homework and going to the back catalogue to catch up on what they missed. 

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
wow, some people just will never get it
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Nega-Sikotic 3.5.

It shouldn't matter if their background checks out.  You listen to the music becuz u feel it, and u like it.  It really doesn't matter what artist is making it..

On the grand scheme of things, if 2Pac wrote your all time favorite song, than one day you found out he didn't actually experience what the song was about..  Would you still listen to it?  Hell yeah.

I'm sure if we had the internet and cell phones more involved back then like today, alot of the OG "real" artists wouldn't have such credibility...  

If you like the song, listen to it.    #JustSaying

I feel the same, I'm sure if there was youtube and all the shit in the 90s, a lot of people would have been ethered back then. I mean shit dude, if someone upped the vid of 2Pac not being able to say "the bbbb b-word" people would have shitted on his Thug Life image, or if that video of him and Jada dancing in the 80s. It would been Mobb Deep And Summer Jam. Just my .02. *kanye shrug*

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Read to Die is 5/5 classic (unlike Reasonable Doubt), no one can deny that but check out his second album.  Life After Death is a 3/5 album AT BEST, but he got killed so hip hop community gave it a pity classic status.  Cut all the filler from that double disc album and you're left with barely a single disc album and even then I'd give that version 4/5 TOPS.  So let's look at Rick Ross, lyrically he's you average studio gangster rapper with the occasional clever line, like BIG was after RTD.  Couple his lyrics with very high quality production and you have basically what BIG would be if he was still alive.  Reality is though, if he was still alive and still with puffy his beats probably wouldn't be nearly as good so he'd probably be putting out albums worse then officer Rawse

I agree with your original statement that a 2010 version of BIG would be no better than Rick Ross.  However, a mid-90's BIG shits all over Rick Ross, because the scene at the time in hip-hop was so dominant back then, that almost any rapper in that era would shit all over Rick Ross.  So I don't think it's fair for you to compare Life After Death to any of Ross' material because Ross could never come close to that level.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

i dont think so

Depends on how hood you are.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
It shouldn't matter if their background checks out.  You listen to the music becuz u feel it, and u like it.  It really doesn't matter what artist is making it..

On the grand scheme of things, if 2Pac wrote your all time favorite song, than one day you found out he didn't actually experience what the song was about..  Would you still listen to it?  Hell yeah.

I'm sure if we had the internet and cell phones more involved back then like today, alot of the OG "real" artists wouldn't have such credibility...  

If you like the song, listen to it.    #JustSaying

I feel the same, I'm sure if there was youtube and all the shit in the 90s, a lot of people would have been ethered back then. I mean shit dude, if someone upped the vid of 2Pac not being able to say "the bbbb b-word" people would have shitted on his Thug Life image, or if that video of him and Jada dancing in the 80s. It would been Mobb Deep And Summer Jam. Just my .02. *kanye shrug*

Exactly.

bullet_wrongkind

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i never understood that prodigy at summerjam thing and why people really didn't believe in him after that, i mean jigga put pics up of him when he was like from 11-13 at a dance school that his grand ma who is a fame dance teacer taught at.  but i guess only in rap, and then with pac when those equals was saying he couldn't fight and he would get on his bacc and kicc his feet up,well now a days that's a move they use in ufc and people think it's a mainly defensive move now,so go figure yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Yeah, 2pac done changed the whole country into a buncha bitches!

jk.

midwestryder

When people argue against you (the heat), you resort to calling them names. 

it's not a matter of "name calling" it's about pointing out the reality
what gives you the right & who says you know reality anyways . because you don't know reality . nobody from canada has the right to tell anybody about hip hop like you are.  i have been living & listening to hip hop since 1982. so the gives me more right over you . also i am black & from the U.S. unlike you . everything you said is bullcrap . you are ignorant,closeminded, & acting like a stan . nothing you said is right . instead it is all crap . get over yourself . you acting people & caling them names like hurt little bitch . you have no right to do that . since you are from canada, that means you are in the same categorey as you call the euros . so stop dising them because you are one of them . so shut up with crap yo uare saying & stop acting like a little spoiled hurt feelings bitch

teecee

Not sure how many of you were around when LAD dropped?

First off, LAD is NOT Biggie's best album, most of us can acknowledge that.   

Secondly, Rick Ross, it pains me to say, has improved a lot, and just dropped a fairly dope album.   Nice beats, hooks, guest appearances, and decent lyrics from Ross.

Thirdly, since Big ain't still here, its hard to compare.  He'd be damn near 40 like Jay, and we all know Jay is an anomally.   

The only thing we can do is compare what Big was to what Ross is....and the comparison is laughable.

RIght now, ROss is at the top of his game...where is his Mo Money, Mo Problems?   Ross is popular right now, but at about 30 percent of what BIg was.  Yes, Biggie died b4 the album dropped, and this no doubt increased sales.  But songs like Hypnotize, Mo Money, Going Back To Cali, etc were gonna be HUGE regardless.  You had a great storyteller with a SICK flow combined with the Hitmen...the combination was incredible.

DOes LAD have some wack songs?  Yes, a few...most notably  ANother...other that that, what is filler?   You've got your radio songs (and good ones actually), your storytelling joints (name one ROss song WITHOUT GUESTS that fucks with I Got  A Story to Tell), your dark joints ( Long Kiss Good night), your straight lyrical joints (KIck in the Door)...really, a complete album, and as others have said, the blueprint for hip hop since. 

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Haha
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »
Anyone ever walked around n ny and said this?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

hideout

• 'G'
You think anyone will listen to rick ross music ten years after he stops publishing?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
You think anyone will listen to rick ross music ten years after he stops publishing?

If he died tomorrow, yes.