Author Topic: Truth is, if BIG was still alive he wouldn't be any better then Rick Ross is now  (Read 2648 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

You think anyone will listen to rick ross music ten years after he stops publishing?

If he died tomorrow, yes.

Biggie was the king of New York and people loved his music at the time that he died. Rick Ross dying would have a much smaller impact. And since no one is impressed by his lyrical ability now, I doubt that would change.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^Rick Ross dying would have zero impact, on anything lol.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
You think anyone will listen to rick ross music ten years after he stops publishing?

Biggie was the king of New York and people loved his music at the time that he died. Rick Ross dying would have a much smaller impact. And since no one is impressed by his lyrical ability now, I doubt that would change.

Ross the king of Miami and ppl love his music right now..  Same shit dog, open your eyes.

Same thing with Lil Wayne.  If any of these dudes died tomorrow these groupies would start ODing on their catalogues, BELIEVE THAT.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Ross the king of Miami and ppl love his music right now..  Same shit dog, open your eyes.

Same thing with Lil Wayne.  If any of these dudes died tomorrow these groupies would start ODing on their catalogues, BELIEVE THAT.

you must be joking....nobody thinks Rick Ross is the king of Miami. And his music is not loved. People appreciate his beat-selection, but I have never heard anyone refer to Rick Ross as a lyricist. No one is going around saying "damn this dude is a dope lyricist", much less saying "this dude is the best rapper out". Just look at dude's record sales. His last record sold less in its entire run than Big's did in its first week. GTFO. You must be blazed as fuck right now to think his popularity is anywhere near Big's was.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

Ross the king of Miami and ppl love his music right now..  Same shit dog, open your eyes.

Same thing with Lil Wayne.  If any of these dudes died tomorrow these groupies would start ODing on their catalogues, BELIEVE THAT.

you must be joking....nobody thinks Rick Ross is the king of Miami. And his music is not loved. People appreciate his beat-selection, but I have never heard anyone refer to Rick Ross as a lyricist. No one is going around saying "damn this dude is a dope lyricist", much less saying "this dude is the best rapper out". Just look at dude's record sales. His last record sold less in its entire run than Big's did in its first week. GTFO. You must be blazed as fuck right now to think his popularity is anywhere near Big's was.

It's clear you didn't even read this thread.  We've already established Big was a better lyricist on the first page of this shit..

Do your homework dude.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
lmao?

If you can't tell the difference between Big's lyrical ability and Ross', then you a failure to Hip-Hop.

Okay Active, my argument here is this:

I know the subject content of these rappers are very similar.  I'm saying when it comes down to actually writing and forming rhymes around that content, BIG has it on lock.  He is a better writer, a better lyricist, a better freestyler.  

If you want to argue as an artist [making songs that ppl like to listen to], you have a case.

As a lyricist, Big > Ross a million times over.

Next time, read the thread!

As for what we discussing now.  There is no doubt in my mind dying ups your spins by at least 50 percent more for at least a year after you die...   For someone as "popular" as Rick Ross, you gonna tell me that ain't true?  

And as sad as this list is.  You tell me who are most relevant and buzz-worthy artists?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_rappers

Rick Ross and Pitbull (if you hispanic)

Plies don't have a bigger buzz than Ross, Trick Daddy fell off, Flo-Rida is inactive.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol@ lol'ing at Snoop/Kate Perry...........that song gets alot of airplay

MediumL

Tbh Rick Ross' whole style is based off BIG. If BIG was still alive Rick Ross wouldn't be relevant or be a completely different artist
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I don't know...

Proof died & nobody automatically put him in the Top 10 of anything.

Triple OG Rapsodie

It's clear you didn't even read this thread.  We've already established Big was a better lyricist on the first page of this shit..

Do your homework dude.

And WHY is Big loved and respected? Because of his LYRICISM. And because of his HITS. Rick Ross has neither. He has released 3 decent albums that have gotten some attention. No one is going around praising dude and no one is calling his music classic. And for certain no one is calling him the king of anything. Plenty rappers better than Rick Ross have died. And not even those guys are on the level of Big's posthumous popularity.

Triple OG Rapsodie

As for what we discussing now.  There is no doubt in my mind dying ups your spins by at least 50 percent more for at least a year after you die...   For someone as "popular" as Rick Ross, you gonna tell me that ain't true?  

No doubt his music would get more spins for a year after his death. But that wouldn't put him anywhere close to Big's level of popularity. And he would not be anywhere near GOAT status, not now and not 15 years after his death.

teecee

lmao?

If you can't tell the difference between Big's lyrical ability and Ross', then you a failure to Hip-Hop.

Okay Active, my argument here is this:

I know the subject content of these rappers are very similar.  I'm saying when it comes down to actually writing and forming rhymes around that content, BIG has it on lock.  He is a better writer, a better lyricist, a better freestyler.  

If you want to argue as an artist [making songs that ppl like to listen to], you have a case.

As a lyricist, Big > Ross a million times over.

Next time, read the thread!

And as sad as this list is.  You tell me who are most relevant and buzz-worthy artists?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_rappers

Rick Ross and Pitbull (if you hispanic)

Plies don't have a bigger buzz than Ross, Trick Daddy fell off, Flo-Rida is inactive.

Look, RIck' album is pretty dope, his lyrics are much improved, he has dope beat selection, but its not like he is bringing anything new to the game.

If you were under 10 when BIG dropped, it would be hard for you to understand his impact.   Back then, he came on and his shit was next level.   Grimy yet radio friendly, lyrical yet lyrically accessible, he had it all.  He was the KING BEFORE he died, his death just helped cement it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

No doubt his music would get more spins for a year after his death. But that wouldn't put him anywhere close to Big's level of popularity. And he would not be anywhere near GOAT status, not now and not 15 years after his death.

True, props.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
True cham
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2010, 04:39:34 PM »
I need 2 listen 2 more proof but he was slept on 2 begin wit unlike ross wayne or biggie
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Ross the king of Miami and ppl love his music right now..  Same shit dog, open your eyes.

Same thing with Lil Wayne.  If any of these dudes died tomorrow these groupies would start ODing on their catalogues, BELIEVE THAT.

Nonsense, Nobody LOVES Rick Ross' music. Everybody who can string two syllables together knows he's not a great rapper.

Most people did LOVE Biggie, and everybody who can string two syllables together know he was a GREAT rapper. His songs and lyrics were much more relatable, and thats why so much love was shown when he died.

If Rick Ross died his legacy would be Blow Money Fast. Which is laughably bad. He has no classic tracks so his discography would mean pretty much nothing.

However, I will admit that the kids do seem to love Lil' Wayne. If he died all his music would be bought up like its classic gold (which of course it isn't). Lil' Wayne has a strong fanbase which adores everything he does. As far as I'm aware Rick Ross Doesn't have that.