Author Topic: Truth is, if BIG was still alive he wouldn't be any better then Rick Ross is now  (Read 2643 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
You think anyone will listen to rick ross music ten years after he stops publishing?

If he died tomorrow, yes.

Biggie was the king of New York and people loved his music at the time that he died. Rick Ross dying would have a much smaller impact. And since no one is impressed by his lyrical ability now, I doubt that would change.

Ross the king of Miami and ppl love his music right now..  Same shit dog, open your eyes.

Same thing with Lil Wayne.  If any of these dudes died tomorrow these groupies would start ODing on their catalogues, BELIEVE THAT.

Nonsense, Nobody LOVES Rick Ross' music. Everybody who can string two syllables together knows he's not a great rapper.

Most people did LOVE Biggie, and everybody who can string two syllables together know he was a GREAT rapper. His songs and lyrics were much more relatable, and thats why so much love was shown when he died.

If Rick Ross died his legacy would be Blow Money Fast. Which is laughably bad. He has no classic tracks so his discography would mean pretty much nothing.

However, I will admit that the kids do seem to love Lil' Wayne. If he died all his music would be bought up like its classic gold (which of course it isn't). Lil' Wayne has a strong fanbase which adores everything he does. As far as I'm aware Rick Ross Doesn't have that.

I dunno man, I still hear ppl OD on Hustling and Speedin quite a bit..   And that joint with Akon.

I seen my friend download a whack of Gangstarr after Guru died, and now he listen to them all the time.  And I know he heard Guru rap before now...  So what's that say..  

Ppl tend to be more open to music when they know that dude is dead and he never gonna put out new shit,  they don't wanna miss anything..

If Ross died tomorrow, there'll be about 2-3 idiots posting threads up on here specifically about how underrated Ross' music was.

EDIT: After thinking about this shit, someone posted that exact thread (we're in it) without Ross being dead.  So there it is.  Ross got some kind of influence on ppl...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:02:27 PM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I will forever believe, for eternity, dead or alive; Rick Ross is a ridiculously awful rapper.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Guru was already a pioneer before he passed. All that Gang Starr shit is certified classic material. And even with that classic material, he still isn't that big after his death.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
I will forever believe, for eternity, dead or alive; Rick Ross is a ridiculously awful rapper.

Lol, ain''t that the truth.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Guru was already a pioneer before he passed. All that Gang Starr shit is certified classic material. And even with that classic material, he still isn't that big after his death.

I guess, it just always seem it don't matter who it is, your status gets bumped up one notch when you die.  It's like "Honorary status bump" for one year after you die, then they bring u back down, lol.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
I'll this album 4/5 after several weeks of spinning this
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Elano

Really can we revoke the hip hop pass for Euro fags like this.  Your mother should of swallowed you and Reasonable Doubt and Life After Death are classics.  Get Suge Knghts cock out ya mouth you worthless faggot

:sign_banhim:

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
better question, who had better titties, ross or big?

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
reasonable doubt became a classic cause ready to die and illmatic was, it's that simple, yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
reasonable doubt became a classic cause ready to die and illmatic was, it's that simple, yell

no one thought RD was classic when it dropped, but people gave it that label because they felt Jay needed to have one classic to his name

I wouldn't put RD on a top 20 list of NY albums
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Is anything classic when it drops?

I'd say Reasonable Doubt was a lesser classic than others, but it's a classic no matter which way you slice it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
RD Is Jay's best album, but not a classic imo.