Author Topic: WTF??? black parents have white blue eyed kid  (Read 881 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: WTF??? black parents have white blue eyed kid
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 10:42:59 PM »
Petey going crazy with the meme generator

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 01:48:46 PM »
It's still a wrong line you guys, LOL.

It's basic language.  It would have to be I'm an MC, Im a G, I'm everything in between A and Z.

There's having a poetic license, and just constructing grammar wrong.  This is the latter.  Simply an artist being too lazy to rewrite it, and the fans let it pass.

Smarten up dudes.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
On a sidenote, if this were a Lil Wayne line [which it totally sounds like] and not written by Ice Cube, you wouldn't be cosigning this, lmao.

Biased fans won't stand up for the game.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 02:10:11 PM »

It's basic language.  It would have to be I'm an MC, Im a G, I'm everything in between A and Z.

There's having a poetic license, and just constructing grammar wrong.  This is the latter.  Simply an artist being too lazy to rewrite it, and the fans let it pass.

Smarten up dudes.

You don't even understand basic grammar and yet you're speaking on it, so you fail. Everyone else in this thread pointed it out to you, what more do you want? Seriously, even go ask your parents and assuming you didn't inherit your denseness from them they'll laugh in your face.

There's nothing wrong with the line and if it was said the way you put it, it wouldn't be a punchline anymore. How can you not see that? I even went so far as to give you the pie analogy, which happens to be a common saying and uses the exact same logic. Take your L and leave already.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »

Smarten up dudes.

You don't even understand basic grammar and yet you're speaking on it, so you fail. Everyone else in this thread pointed it out to you, what more do you want? Seriously, even go ask your parents and assuming you didn't inherit your denseness from them they'll laugh in your face.

There's nothing wrong with the line and if it was said the way you put it, it wouldn't be a punchline anymore. How can you not see that? I even went so far as to give you the pie analogy, which happens to be a common saying and uses the exact same logic. Take your L and leave already.

Dude just cuz you got numbers don't mean you're right.  This is how ppl believe Rick Ross is actually a good artist LOL. 

The pie analogy has nothing to do with the line, how many times do I have to tell you?    Having something and wanting more of it has no correlation to BEING SOMETHING and then not being it.

I know what the line is getting at, but it's grammatically incorrect at the most basic level.  No matter how much you Cube stans try to cover it up, it's wrong. LOL.

It's alright tho, it's okay to ride for your artists I guess. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2010, 02:30:22 PM »

It's basic language.  It would have to be I'm an MC, Im a G, I'm everything in between A and Z.

There's having a poetic license, and just constructing grammar wrong.  This is the latter.  Simply an artist being too lazy to rewrite it, and the fans let it pass.

Smarten up dudes.

Dude just cuz you got numbers don't mean you're right.  This is how ppl believe Rick Ross is actually a good artist LOL.  

The pie analogy has nothing to do with the line, how many times do I have to tell you?    Having something and wanting more of it has no correlation to BEING SOMETHING and then not being it.

I know what the line is getting at, but it's grammatically incorrect at the most basic level.  No matter how much you Cube stans try to cover it up, it's wrong. LOL.

It's the EXACT same analogy. It's not about being something and then not being it. It's about NOT BEING SOMETHING, being MORE THAN SOMETHING. "I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to fucking Z"  How the fuck do you not see that by now? The pie is a perfect example because if you argued it the same way you'd be saying "omg, lol, a slice is a part of the pie, what bad grammar." Go ask your moms and take your L.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:32:06 PM by rapsodie is a hip hop elitist »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 02:43:01 PM »
Personally, the line doesn't make sense when you read it. But I understand what he was trying to say.

I'll never understand how anyone can expect rappers who claim "too cool for school" & 99% claim to not even finish high school to be grammatically correct lol.

Leak has a point though, numbers (on this board ESPECIALLY) don't mean a thing.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
Personally, the line doesn't make sense when you read it. But I understand what he was trying to say.

I'll never understand how anyone can expect rappers who claim "too cool for school" & 99% claim to not even finish high school to be grammatically correct lol.

You too Cham? How does it not make sense? Dude has zero points to make. You understand that its the exact same analogy as the pie line.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »

It's basic language.  It would have to be I'm an MC, Im a G, I'm everything in between A and Z.

There's having a poetic license, and just constructing grammar wrong.  This is the latter.  Simply an artist being too lazy to rewrite it, and the fans let it pass.

Smarten up dudes.

Dude just cuz you got numbers don't mean you're right.  This is how ppl believe Rick Ross is actually a good artist LOL.  

The pie analogy has nothing to do with the line, how many times do I have to tell you?    Having something and wanting more of it has no correlation to BEING SOMETHING and then not being it.

I know what the line is getting at, but it's grammatically incorrect at the most basic level.  No matter how much you Cube stans try to cover it up, it's wrong. LOL.

It's the EXACT same analogy. It's not about being something and then not being it. It's about NOT BEING SOMETHING, being MORE THAN SOMETHING. "I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to fucking Z"  How the fuck do you not see that by now? The pie is a perfect example because if you argued it the same way you'd be saying "omg, lol, a slice is a part of the pie, what bad grammar." Go ask your moms and take your L.

Have you run out of rebuttals?  What a fail post..  Your proposed fix would have to be "I'm not JUST an MC, or JUST a G, I'm everything from A to Z"

Seriously dude.  I know what he was trying to get across with the line, if that's all your ammo is....  It's about the way it's written.

I hope you aren't one of the dudes who harp on rappers for spitting some "suspect lines", and you know they didn't mean it in a gay way...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »

You too Cham? How does it not make sense? Dude has zero points to make. You understand that its the exact same analogy as the pie line.

I haven't really been reading all of responses, just the last few. Read the line myself & it just didn't really make sense. He claims to not be three letters but says he's all of them. Once you claim to not be three, how can you be all of them.

I just read the pie line...I don't know..that's different because it's "want". You don't want a piece of the pie, you want to eat the entire thing.

Where this is like a declared statement, "I am NOT a M, C or G" & then goes on to say, "I am an M, C, G & 23 others". But isn't that contradicting? This is a brain teaser lol.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »
Yup ^^^^^

I liken it to when DMX spit some line that make it sound like he gay as fuck, but u know he just trying to be gangsta and not really a homo.

You know the point the artist is getting at, just that it's worded so wrong you can't help but call it a fail..

Rapsodie if u one of the dude who call rappers out on those suspect lines maybe u can understand where I'm coming from on the Ice Cube stance?

I think we can all agree this has to do with how much Poetic License an artist can have before it just becomes too lame to accept.

In this situation, I think Cube don't get a pass here, and added to the fact that it's quite a basic line any way you word it...  #MyOpinion

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »

Smarten up dudes.

Have you run out of rebuttals?  What a fail post..  Your proposed fix would have to be "I'm not JUST an MC, or JUST a G, I'm everything from A to Z"

Seriously dude.  I know what he was trying to get across with the line, if that's all your ammo is....  It's about the way it's written.

I hope you aren't one of the dudes who harp on rappers for spitting some "suspect lines", and you know they didn't mean it in a gay way...

Why would you have to add a "just"? It's not in any of these other examples...

"I don't want a slice of the pie, I want the whole thing"

"I don't want the crumbs, I want the whole cake and the icing too"

"I don't want a piece of you, I want the WHOLE thing"

And yet you interpret these lines and know what they mean, something you won't do for the Cube line because you know you're in the wrong and don't want to admit it. You interpreted the pie line as "having something and wanting more of it", now why did you do that? That's not what it says if you just read it straight out without a proper understanding of the English language. If you had read it like the Cube line you would've said "Not wanting something and then wanting it." But you knew exactly what it meant because its a famous saying. And it makes perfect sense. The bottom line is that you are using a retard's understanding of the English language.

westsiderider323

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
what cube is sayin its like im not a g or mc then says I MEAN as in like wait a minute im everything between a to z so he is a g and mc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2010, 03:26:20 PM »

Smarten up dudes.

Why would you have to add a "just"? It's not in any of these other examples...

"I don't want a slice of the pie, I want the whole thing"

"I don't want the crumbs, I want the whole cake and the icing too"

"I don't want a piece of you, I want the WHOLE thing"

And yet you interpret these lines and know what they mean, something you won't do for the Cube line because you know you're in the wrong and don't want to admit it. You interpreted the pie line as "having something and wanting more of it", now why did you do that? That's not what it says if you just read it straight out without a proper understanding of the English language. If you had read it like the Cube line you would've said "Not wanting something and then wanting it." But you knew exactly what it meant because its a famous saying. And it makes perfect sense. The bottom line is that you are using a retard's understanding of the English language.

If you know anything about me you know when I'm wrong I admit it, LOL.  You just keep on failing don't you?

Reading it straight out is the proper way to interpret that line.

Someone doesn't want a whole piece of pie..  Okay..  He wants the whole thing.  Okay..

Do you now see how that is different than saying:

I am not a G.  I am a G.

????  Wow dude...  The only way your pie analogy works is if you add the "just" in front of the letters in Cube's line...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2010, 03:30:24 PM »
JUST. ADVERB: exactly or precisely: This is just what I mean.

Adding just before the letters gives the Cube line meaning.

I'm not JUST a G, states that he is saying he is a G and many other things, which interludes into the rest of the line, saying he is all the letters.

Without the JUST, it's just him saying he's not a G, than he is a G.  IT'S NOT WRITTEN PROPERLY.

Thank you for your time.