Author Topic: WTF??? black parents have white blue eyed kid  (Read 877 times)

westsiderider323

Re: WTF??? black parents have white blue eyed kid
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »
JUST. ADVERB: exactly or precisely: This is just what I mean.

Adding just before the letters gives the Cube line meaning.

I'm not JUST a G, states that he is saying he is a G and many other things, which interludes into the rest of the line, saying he is all the letters.

Without the JUST, it's just him saying he's not a G, than he is a G.  IT'S NOT WRITTEN PROPERLY.

Thank you for your time.

lol mystery solved lets move on wit life

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »
Personally, the line doesn't make sense when you read it. But I understand what he was trying to say.

I'll never understand how anyone can expect rappers who claim "too cool for school" & 99% claim to not even finish high school to be grammatically correct lol.

Leak has a point though, numbers (on this board ESPECIALLY) don't mean a thing.

You too Cham? How does it not make sense? Dude has zero points to make. You understand that its the exact same analogy as the pie line.

I haven't really been reading all of responses, just the last few. Read the line myself & it just didn't really make sense. He claims to not be three letters but says he's all of them. Once you claim to not be three, how can you be all of them.

I just read the pie line...I don't know..that's different because it's "want". You don't want a piece of the pie, you want to eat the entire thing.

Where this is like a declared statement, "I am NOT a M, C or G" & then goes on to say, "I am an M, C, G & 23 others". But isn't that contradicting? This is a brain teaser lol.

wow Cham, I didn't think you were this dense as well.

Maybe this will help. Picture this as a multiplication test:

A) MC
B) G
C) All of the above

What's the correct answer? I'm not an MC, or a G, I'm all of the above. Ice Cube even says "I mean" to let you know he's rephrasing the statement. I'm in complete shock that this discussion is still going on. This is basic understanding of the way wording works.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »
It's still a wrong line you guys, LOL.

It's basic language.  It would have to be I'm an MC, Im a G, I'm everything in between A and Z.

There's having a poetic license, and just constructing grammar wrong.  This is the latter.  Simply an artist being too lazy to rewrite it, and the fans let it pass.

Smarten up dudes.

You don't even understand basic grammar and yet you're speaking on it, so you fail. Everyone else in this thread pointed it out to you, what more do you want? Seriously, even go ask your parents and assuming you didn't inherit your denseness from them they'll laugh in your face.

There's nothing wrong with the line and if it was said the way you put it, it wouldn't be a punchline anymore. How can you not see that? I even went so far as to give you the pie analogy, which happens to be a common saying and uses the exact same logic. Take your L and leave already.

Dude just cuz you got numbers don't mean you're right.  This is how ppl believe Rick Ross is actually a good artist LOL.  

The pie analogy has nothing to do with the line, how many times do I have to tell you?    Having something and wanting more of it has no correlation to BEING SOMETHING and then not being it.

I know what the line is getting at, but it's grammatically incorrect at the most basic level.  No matter how much you Cube stans try to cover it up, it's wrong. LOL.

It's alright tho, it's okay to ride for your artists I guess.  

It's the EXACT same analogy. It's not about being something and then not being it. It's about NOT BEING SOMETHING, being MORE THAN SOMETHING. "I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to fucking Z"  How the fuck do you not see that by now? The pie is a perfect example because if you argued it the same way you'd be saying "omg, lol, a slice is a part of the pie, what bad grammar." Go ask your moms and take your L.

Have you run out of rebuttals?  What a fail post..  Your proposed fix would have to be "I'm not JUST an MC, or JUST a G, I'm everything from A to Z"

Seriously dude.  I know what he was trying to get across with the line, if that's all your ammo is....  It's about the way it's written.

I hope you aren't one of the dudes who harp on rappers for spitting some "suspect lines", and you know they didn't mean it in a gay way...

Why would you have to add a "just"? It's not in any of these other examples...

"I don't want a slice of the pie, I want the whole thing"

"I don't want the crumbs, I want the whole cake and the icing too"

"I don't want a piece of you, I want the WHOLE thing"

And yet you interpret these lines and know what they mean, something you won't do for the Cube line because you know you're in the wrong and don't want to admit it. You interpreted the pie line as "having something and wanting more of it", now why did you do that? That's not what it says if you just read it straight out without a proper understanding of the English language. If you had read it like the Cube line you would've said "Not wanting something and then wanting it." But you knew exactly what it meant because its a famous saying. And it makes perfect sense. The bottom line is that you are using a retard's understanding of the English language.

If you know anything about me you know when I'm wrong I admit it, LOL.  You just keep on failing don't you?

Reading it straight out is the proper way to interpret that line.

Someone doesn't want a whole piece of pie..  Okay..  He wants the whole thing.  Okay..

Do you now see how that is different than saying:

I am not a G.  I am a G.

????  Wow dude...  The only way your pie analogy works is if you add the "just" in front of the letters in Cube's line...

My god you're not even interpreting the lines correctly! You lose!

Here's the way you read the pie, and how you should be reading Cube's line:

"Someone doesn't want a whole piece of pie... okay... he wants the whole thing. Okay.."

"Someone is not a G...okay....he's the entire alphabet. Okay...."

Here's how you chose to read the Cube line, and how you would read the pie line if you read it the same:

"Someone doesn't want a piece of pie. Someone wants a piece of pie"

"Someone is not a G. Someone is a G."

Do you not realize what you're doing? You're taking out the "all of the above" component when you're reading the Cube line. That's the entire punchline! You're analyzing the two lines differently. Obvious fail.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 03:51:10 PM »
^I'm like 98% sure he said "I mean" because it rhymes lol.

It's basic human nature too lol. You're like KNOWN to just beat an argument to death, blindly defending your position no matter the response with no regard for what's being said & on top of that, it's YOUR quote/sig that is being questioned. Something you clearly take a liking to & considering that, I wouldn't put it past you that you are a Cube fan. Add everything up & you'd likely argue this point for the next 10 years.

& as for multiplication test, that's a trick question because he clearly says he's not a M, C or G, so it can't be A, B or C lol.

I 100% fully comprehend the line he was getting across, but he just worded it weird.

EDIT: "You lose", "You fail", "You're dense", "You don't understand English", "Take your L"; all classic signs that it's more than just an argument to you lol.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:57:41 PM by Chamillitary Click »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2010, 04:06:06 PM »
you guys are fucking retarded arguing about this shit for so long.

he means to say i cant be just an emcee or a gangster because im all those things and more...its a rap song made like fifteen years ago, let it fucking go.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 06:51:16 PM »
he means to say i cant be just an emcee or a gangster because im all those things and more.

I understand that completely. I understood that before I even broke it down in my head to see if it made sense lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2010, 08:44:20 PM »
^I'm like 98% sure he said "I mean" because it rhymes lol.

It's basic human nature too lol. You're like KNOWN to just beat an argument to death, blindly defending your position no matter the response with no regard for what's being said & on top of that, it's YOUR quote/sig that is being questioned. Something you clearly take a liking to & considering that, I wouldn't put it past you that you are a Cube fan. Add everything up & you'd likely argue this point for the next 10 years.

& as for multiplication test, that's a trick question because he clearly says he's not a M, C or G, so it can't be A, B or C lol.

I 100% fully comprehend the line he was getting across, but he just worded it weird.

EDIT: "You lose", "You fail", "You're dense", "You don't understand English", "Take your L"; all classic signs that it's more than just an argument to you lol.

You're actually right. I actually have a pet peeve towards people who think they are smarter than they are. If he were just another idiot I'd laugh at him and move on. But the way he came off like he knew something when he didn't ticked me off for some reason. So The Leak, sorry if I insulted you, but you're still completely wrong. I spent 4 years majoring in English and I know my grammar. I could care less about how people spell or word their sentences because I'm not the grammar police, but when someone jumps in and acts like the grammar police when they're wrong of course I'm going to put them in their place. And yes, it is an epic fail because you came in saying epic fail. And when you're wrong it backfires on you.

As far as me being a Cube fan, no doubt, though surely by now you've realized I've never acted like a stan of anyone and I'm willing to criticize any rapper. I'm sure Cube has said a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense. There's nothing wrong with this particular line though.

And how exactly am I arguing this blindly? You just seem to be mad because I'm willing to call you out for stuff in other threads. I just took apart his argument by pointing out how he's interpreting the sentences differently, was that not clear to you? Did you not understand my whole last post? Now I feel I have to explain it to YOU as well. I might as well just quote myself.

Here's the way you read the pie line, and how you should be reading Cube's line:

"Someone doesn't want a whole piece of pie... okay... he wants the whole thing. Okay.."

"Someone is not a G...okay....he's the entire alphabet. Okay...."

Here's how you chose to read the Cube line, and how you would read the pie line if you read it the same:

"Someone is not a G. Someone is a G."

"Someone doesn't want a piece of pie. Someone wants a piece of pie"

Do you not realize what you're doing? You're taking out the "all of the above" component when you're reading the Cube line. That's the entire punchline! You're analyzing the two lines differently. Obvious fail

Did you not understand that? I mean, its right there, I pointed out exactly how his reasoning is flawed, what else is there to say? The answer is nothing. I've explained everything fully several times over, nothing more needs to be said.

You don't want to go by numbers, that's fine by me. Lets go by the other option, expert opinion. I'm a few months away from a degree that will say I'm an expert in the English language. Take my word for it that the logic of the sentence works. Case closed.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »
"I actually have a pet peeve towards people who think they are smarter than they are."

"I'm a few months away from a degree that will say I'm an expert in the English language."

LOOOOOOL.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:51:38 PM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »
Lets just all agree that King Peteys sig is hilarious...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2010, 09:03:06 PM »
who propped ya?
\
plus one

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »
disabled sigs several months ago and haven't regretted it since. Fuck y'all and your page long spam sigs

westsiderider323

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »
disabled sigs several months ago and haven't regretted it since. Fuck y'all and your page long spam sigs

youre welcome good sir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2010, 09:38:57 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2010, 11:55:58 PM »
This thread is out of control.