Author Topic: Raekwon Dropping 'Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang' This September Sans RZA  (Read 628 times)

Al Bundy

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Raekwon Dropping 'Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang' This September Sans RZA
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 10:33:10 AM »
That coka record was a let down...ima say both sh and coka albums were a huge let down and raes album a bit of a let down..
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

theremedy360

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »
I remember Rae quesitoning RZA's shitty production on that 8 Diagrams album, maybe this has something to do with it..who knows though.

Paul

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »
I remember Rae quesitoning RZA's shitty production on that 8 Diagrams album, maybe this has something to do with it..who knows though.
I really liked the production on 8 diagrams. It was the hooks which I hated.
funkyfreshintheflesh

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »

It wasnt even only Rae either. I remember a lot of Wu's members feeling disillusioned with 8 Diagrams and that RZA had attempted to change the sound of the whole group. Personally I thought the album was okay, but I think Method Man and Ghostface voiced concerns too.

It could be the reason why, you never know.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »
That coka record was a let down...ima say both sh and coka albums were a huge let down and raes album a bit of a let down..

La Coka was only a partial letdown for me. I had heard  a lot of the tracks before it had dropped and it would be fair to say that only the leaked tracks plus a couple more get played now... it wasnt a bad album though. I think SH was really a BAD album. If you have mad lyricists working with Premo overseeing you should have mindblowing beats backing that shit up. The La Coka at least had dope beats nearly all the way through to back it up and the crew just didn't come through on a few of the tracks.

I think this album will be a good idea. We got to see what Em is like without Dre this year and so now we will see what Rae is like sans RZA. I disagree that he has fallen off as a producer... I think he just throws some different shit in at times and it doesn't always come off. Who wants to hear 36 chambers beats in 2010? I bet most people would get sick of it if he was still making exactly the same old shit.
People give Prem (The best producer of ALL TIME) shit for still making the same beats as he used to and only mixing it up with a fresh banger now and then. You can't win with fans from way back when you are in a new era they are almost never happy with either route you go!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 05:48:56 PM »
Yeah that coka record was cool but i expected alot...dj lethal should have produced all of it...one of my favorite producers who makes serious bangers ..the dopest traxx were left off...but yeah what ur say bout premo n sh i agree wit...rae was cryin sayin he wanted the 8 diagrams 2 sound non rza...but rza still got it no doubt...rza>>premo
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.