Author Topic: what the fucc is real hip hop or real rap?  (Read 843 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
what the fucc is real hip hop or real rap?
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »
i swear i hear this shit alot on forums and i find the shit funny alot of times, it's like the definition most give is when they like a song it's REAL!!!! what makes a joe budden or a talib more real then a 50 cent and z-ro? please can someone explain this yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: what the fucc is real hip hop or real rap?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:41:53 PM »
i swear i hear this shit alot on forums and i find the shit funny alot of times, it's like the definition most give is when they like a song it's REAL!!!! what makes a joe budden or a talib more real then a 50 cent and z-ro? please can someone explain this yell

In my opinion, real only has to do with bein you. if youre a cupcake muhafucka, make cupcake ass music. Dont be a C.O. and claim to be a drug kingpin. Dont make a song called "Pretty Boy Swag" and call yahself a Soldier.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 06:47:14 PM »

In my opinion, real only has to do with bein you. if youre a cupcake muhafucka, make cupcake ass music. Dont be a C.O. and claim to be a drug kingpin. Dont make a song called "Pretty Boy Swag" and call yahself a Soldier.
i'm with you on that my equal, but people when they use that shit they make it seem like if you rap'n emotional then it's real over some boom bap production, yet if gucci spit some real shit that happens in his life over a premo tracc or something the same muthafuccas would be saying it ain't real,because they feel it's wacc, shit is stupid as fucc to me,but what you said is legit tho yell

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:51:17 PM »

i'm with you on that my equal, but people when they use that shit they make it seem like if you rap'n emotional then it's real over some boom bap production, yet if gucci spit some real shit that happens in his life over a premo tracc or something the same muthafuccas would be saying it ain't real,because they feel it's wacc, shit is stupid as fucc to me,but what you said is legit tho yell

theres a lot of kids from the suburbs listenin to rap. Theyve gotten the word "real" confused with "gangsta". They think that if you aint gangsta you aint real.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 06:58:29 PM »

theres a lot of kids from the suburbs listenin to rap. Theyve gotten the word "real" confused with "gangsta". They think that if you aint gangsta you aint real.
you got those but the ones who are the worst,is those who think you have to follow the guidelines of premo or ny underground style of the 90's,lot of them cats never lived the lifestyle yet they feel they know whats real yell

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »

you got those but the ones who are the worst,is those who think you have to follow the guidelines of premo or ny underground style of the 90's,lot of them cats never lived the lifestyle yet they feel they know whats real yell

I got u, like on some "real hip hop" type shit. 

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 07:23:26 PM »
I hate the term "real" in music. Its irrelevant really. Theres good and bad, not real and unreal.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
I hate the term "real" in music. Its irrelevant really. Theres good and bad, not real and unreal.

yeah. but there are real and unreal artists. just like there are real and unreal people anywhere

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »
I think "real Hip Hop" is just a term used to show the significant difference between mainstream rap & underground rap that is more like the original roots of the game.

You don't have to be "real" & rap about shit that deals with you. I don't care if you rap about things that aren't relevant to your life, but when you spit over a techno-ish, mainstream beat, with a catchy female hook & what you're saying in the verses flat out suck, that's wack.

I would say "real rap" is basically just not caring about selling mainstream, making dope music & not being some industry appealing person.

I'm a huge Eminem fan, but I wouldn't exactly say he's making "real rap", he obviously has plenty of mainstream appeal on his songs. I mean, I think his verses are great for the most part, with some songs I would consider "real rap", but over all he isn't. I can bump plenty of Lil' Wayne music, but he isn't "real rap" either.

& before some of you get it twisted, there is nothing that says "real rap" > mainstream rap; when I shit on Gucci Mane & Rick Ross, it's because they both suck a tremendous amount of dick. They are just awful rappers; it's not that I look down upon them because they are mainstream. They are just terrible & some of you hype them up like they are incredible or some shit lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 07:38:08 PM »
Theres good and bad.

That's a good way or putting it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 08:43:06 PM »
real hip hop = music you like

fake hip hop = music you don't like

I've never heard the word real used where this doesn't apply.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 09:30:17 PM »
that's crazy what you say cham, because old school producer mantronix used to have techno/ny garage style music mixed with hip hop bacc in the day,and not once did people say that's not real hip hop it's mainstream, so i can't co-sign that at all,and was the slaughter house first single the one not "real" hip hop? since it sampled a pop lenny kravitz song and it was a clear attempt at mainstream? greg nice is considered real hip hop and alot of his lyrics are in the same vein as gucci!!!! and that's even if he has a feature now? but where was ny/underground fans screaming wacc and not real hip hop? i mean i like some gucci shit and i like nice and smooth,but i do find it odd how ny/underground fans would shit on one and not the other, i guess rapsodie got it right with so called real rap fans yell

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »
real hip hop = music you like

fake hip hop = music you don't like

I've never heard the word real used where this doesn't apply.

As much as a bullshit answer this is, it's true.

These terms are just how you personally label your artists according to preference.

What if Ja Rule like making them songs for the ladys, and that whole vibe.. Is he fake for that then?   Nope.

What if Rick Ross actually got into drug dealing after being a C.O. and he identify with that life more now.. Is he fake for that then?  Nope.

And when ppl label artists as fake when they switch up their style or lyrics.  PPL CHANGE.  An artist isn't supposed to stagnate.  When Common made UMD album, did he turn into a fake?  Nah, he just wanted to make some fun music and that's okay.  If you ain't feel it you ain't feel it.

However when Ppl name some mainstream artist that I don't like, I'll quickly call it fake Hip-Hop and rattle off some more credible names, LOL.  #Hypocrite #Hater
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:37:15 PM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 05:42:59 AM »

I think real stems from the fact that hip hop music in general used to mean something, it had some intelligence in it, poeticism, or likewise it carried a message, it was multi faceted, there was a sense of an identity of what it was. Now in this present day and age, it has become extremely diluted, extremely formulaic, intelligence seems to be something of a taboo and it's just on the whole, deeply dumbed down, garbage about money, jewellery, excess violence and women. Now i have nothing against using whichever subject people want to use, but there is a huge chasm where creativity should lie.

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:17 AM »
It's a bunch of bullshit. People just throw a "real" in to glorify whichever artist(s) they're talking about or promoting.