Author Topic: what the fucc is real hip hop or real rap?  (Read 840 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: what the fucc is real hip hop or real rap?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 08:03:38 PM »
First off, like I said...to me "real" has more to do with the actual artist. If you a real muthafucka, then u ok with me. You can make shitty music, but as long as youre real...as long as you arent bullshittin everybody, then I can respect it. 

But as far as this whole "real hip hop" thing. We cant pretend like that word is only used in hip hop. Its been used for EVER to describe shit. Tell me you aint never had some old man tell throw on an old Motown record and say "now thats real music right there" lol.

And a lot of times its used to describe art. I know all of us have probably heard someone say..."thats real art". Seeing as how rap music used to be viewed as an artform, when a rapper starts making music strictly for the money and fame...its inevitable that hip hop purists will say "thats not real hip hop". Real art isnt done for money or fame. Its done for the sake of creating a masterpiece.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »
i swear i hear this shit alot on forums and i find the shit funny alot of times, it's like the definition most give is when they like a song it's REAL!!!! what makes a joe budden or a talib more real then a 50 cent and z-ro? please can someone explain this yell

This is Hip Hop:

Yell

Yell

Yell

That is Hip Hop Yell. You understand Yell. Lets see if you can reply back without saying Yell... Yell

embrace box slang or get rolled over by it...its a movement too big to be ignored.

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 02:08:03 AM »
real hiphop

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lAciVyxl5g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0lAciVyxl5g</a>

fake hiphop

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DB0Ee6yHFxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DB0Ee6yHFxE</a>

can you spot the difference?
no!, cause the stanky leg is more like when rap ORIGINALLY STARTED then that nas song. see what nas does it takes more "SKILL" and new fans seem to think more skill means "real", nas can be lying about everything he says in some songs yet elitist would say it's more real then the stanky leg people yet they telling the truth about they dance, just say nas shit holds your attention more, hell i've never heard all that stanky leg song and i'm not going to,but i'm not gonna get mad at them lil equals for having fun yell

Exactly !! It all started with Dance music

MC=Master of the Ceremony, so practicly a guy who can controll the crowd, and those down south guys who make dance music can do that, they make you dance...which is real.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:11:29 AM by Scrappy Doo »

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 02:25:24 AM »
i swear i hear this shit alot on forums and i find the shit funny alot of times, it's like the definition most give is when they like a song it's REAL!!!! what makes a joe budden or a talib more real then a 50 cent and z-ro? please can someone explain this yell

In my opinion, real only has to do with bein you. if youre a cupcake muhafucka, make cupcake ass music. Dont be a C.O. and claim to be a drug kingpin. Dont make a song called "Pretty Boy Swag" and call yahself a Soldier.
i'm with you on that my equal, but people when they use that shit they make it seem like if you rap'n emotional then it's real over some boom bap production, yet if gucci spit some real shit that happens in his life over a premo tracc or something the same muthafuccas would be saying it ain't real,because they feel it's wacc, shit is stupid as fucc to me,but what you said is legit tho yell
the reason for this is because gucci cant rap for shit(REAL TALK)....now put a g-rap or 8ball over premos track,and u got some real hiphop...GREAT STORY TELLING...thats the differents. 8)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2010, 02:32:17 AM »
real hip hop = music you like

fake hip hop = music you don't like

I've never heard the word real used where this doesn't apply.
Negative!u talking  bullshit..so u saying if i didn't like wutangs(36chambers)album,which i loved..its not real hiphop....come on be realistic. ::)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2010, 02:38:04 AM »
that's crazy what you say cham, because old school producer mantronix used to have techno/ny garage style music mixed with hip hop bacc in the day,and not once did people say that's not real hip hop it's mainstream, so i can't co-sign that at all,and was the slaughter house first single the one not "real" hip hop? since it sampled a pop lenny kravitz song and it was a clear attempt at mainstream? greg nice is considered real hip hop and alot of his lyrics are in the same vein as gucci!!!! and that's even if he has a feature now? but where was ny/underground fans screaming wacc and not real hip hop? i mean i like some gucci shit and i like nice and smooth,but i do find it odd how ny/underground fans would shit on one and not the other, i guess rapsodie got it right with so called real rap fans yell
Homie im from the south..and useing greg nice,and gucci in the same sentence is an insult to hiphop...greg nice shit makes since..gucci lyrics..well ???

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 02:41:23 AM »

I think real stems from the fact that hip hop music in general used to mean something, it had some intelligence in it, poeticism, or likewise it carried a message, it was multi faceted, there was a sense of an identity of what it was. Now in this present day and age, it has become extremely diluted, extremely formulaic, intelligence seems to be something of a taboo and it's just on the whole, deeply dumbed down, garbage about money, jewellery, excess violence and women. Now i have nothing against using whichever subject people want to use, but there is a huge chasm where creativity should lie.
True dat...plus keeping it real really means  talk about something...not just bullshit(GUCCI and ect).

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2010, 02:46:51 AM »
In a nut shell....WACK HIPHOP.....and DOPE HIPHOP...cause doo doo brown was dope!!stanky leg is wack point blank.

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 03:35:28 AM »
just to name a few

hiphop: nas <<<< real

rap: game <<<< fake

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »
real hip hop = music you like

fake hip hop = music you don't like

I've never heard the word real used where this doesn't apply.
Negative!u talking  bullshit..so u saying if i didn't like wutangs(36chambers)album,which i loved..its not real hiphop....come on be realistic. ::)

and you feel that way because you love Wu Tang....just like a Gucci Mane or a Soulja Boy fan think their music is real hip hop, though elitists tend to be the ones who use that word.

LONDON!!

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2010, 08:12:02 AM »

i broke this down on one of the allhiphop forums, but yeah, music is music, whatever heads want to call it, street music, street hop, hip hop or rap or whatever, its mostly baclkpackers that come wit that type of shizzle, but yeah, the technical definition of hip hop is the four elements of the hip hop culture, mceeing, breakin, graf & deejaying, you see what i'm sayin fam, rap music is the bizness of the entertainment bizness in the bizness of selling rap, you see what i'm saying, thats the technical diffrence

but hip hop on a major label mainstream level, from my eyes, is dead, you see what i'm saying, as a culture and rap music on a commercial label, mainstream level is pop music now and thats all because of the square, bougie corporate crooks that control the game in all area's, you see what i'm saying

but on a bigger picture level, the music game has given an outlet for human being brothers and sisters worldwide to stack them p's(money) on a big boy level legally, you see what i'm saying, it's given a new outlet for the streets to get that legal bread, so the games big on that level, i salute that, salute and whatever heads want to call it is cool wit me, you see what i'm saying, theirs all types of music out there for heads to check for, you just have to look for it, yes you do, worldwide dawg
"get this money by any means nessassary"

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2010, 08:42:07 AM »

i broke this down on one of the allhiphop forums, but yeah, music is music, whatever heads want to call it, street music, street hop, hip hop or rap or whatever, its mostly baclkpackers that come wit that type of shizzle, but yeah, the technical definition of hip hop is the four elements of the hip hop culture, mceeing, breakin, graf & deejaying, you see what i'm sayin fam, rap music is the bizness of the entertainment bizness in the bizness of selling rap, you see what i'm saying, thats the technical diffrence

but hip hop on a major label mainstream level, from my eyes, is dead, you see what i'm saying, as a culture and rap music on a commercial label, mainstream level is pop music now and thats all because of the square, bougie corporate crooks that control the game in all area's, you see what i'm saying

but on a bigger picture level, the music game has given an outlet for human being brothers and sisters worldwide to stack them p's(money) on a big boy level legally, you see what i'm saying, it's given a new outlet for the streets to get that legal bread, so the games big on that level, i salute that, salute and whatever heads want to call it is cool wit me, you see what i'm saying, theirs all types of music out there for heads to check for, you just have to look for it, yes you do, worldwide dawg
I agree with u on this which is true.....but the real problem is these muthafuckas of today dont respect their own art...what im saying is aleast know the art form of what your doing thats all......if u ask the average rapper of today  whats the elements of their art....they would be dumb founded.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 09:55:21 AM »
You can talk all you want about the 4 elements, but I think you can't ignore that hip hop culture has drifted away from that in large part. Just because Afrika Bambaataa defined the 4 elements back in the day doesn't mean that they remain a constant or that hip hop hasn't changed. I mean look how big emceeing has gotten, whereas graffiti has largely little impact today. And how much does graffiti even relate to emceeing today? Then there are also parts of hip hop that are much more relevant than graffiti yet haven't been defined by the elements like style and fashion. And b-boying should be broadened into the more general category of hip hop dance.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
You can talk all you want about the 4 elements, but I think you can't ignore that hip hop culture has drifted away from that in large part. Just because Afrika Bambaataa defined the 4 elements back in the day doesn't mean that they remain a constant or that hip hop hasn't changed. I mean look how big emceeing has gotten, whereas graffiti has largely little impact today. And how much does graffiti even relate to emceeing today? Then there are also parts of hip hop that are much more relevant than graffiti yet haven't been defined by the elements like style and fashion. And b-boying should be broadened into the more general category of hip hop dance.
young man..think befor u talk..hiphop101 for u(dont take it personal please)...those four elements is what the 10 commandments are to the bible...aint no changing that shit...so go listen to your young money cd a chill the fuck out...cause those  rules are in stone...from dre to snoop to scareface knows this.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
What i don't understand is why in the hell would u want to change the heartbeat of what started something we all love...this is like killing your grandmother...like i said befor the new generation,besides a few is killing rap period.and to dumb to see that the goverment is happy when yall make whole albums talking about NOTHING.