Author Topic: Miami Heat?!  (Read 1927 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Miami Heat?!
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »
Damn if the heat lose next season biggest failure n sports history...who else they gon get? Or better yet whos left?

It would be one of the biggest. I dont think THE biggest. The Lakers signing Karl Malone and Gary Payton to join Shaq and Kobe, a HOF roster only to get smoked in the finals against a Piston team with no sure-fire HOF'ers was pretty bad.

yeah, that 2004 team was filled with too many egos and not enough team work. I don't expect this Heat's team to win, but if they don't win in 3-5 years, then we can start talking failure.

Yeah. I expect them to be very good. I think it was a little premature for everyone to crown them champs immediately. Its the NBA, and its a long season, and there are too many good teams that can take down anyone.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »
Damn if the heat lose next season biggest failure n sports history...who else they gon get? Or better yet whos left?

It would be one of the biggest. I dont think THE biggest. The Lakers signing Karl Malone and Gary Payton to join Shaq and Kobe, a HOF roster only to get smoked in the finals against a Piston team with no sure-fire HOF'ers was pretty bad.

yeah, that 2004 team was filled with too many egos and not enough team work. I don't expect this Heat's team to win, but if they don't win in 3-5 years, then we can start talking failure.

Yeah. I expect them to be very good. I think it was a little premature for everyone to crown them champs immediately. Its the NBA, and its a long season, and there are too many good teams that can take down anyone.

After looking at it on paper, remember this is just on paper, I see no way the Heat get past the Celtics. The Celtics are too big, and they'll clog the middle to prevent LeBron and Wade from driving the lane. Now as for the regular season, I see the Heat winning the number 1 seed, they are younger and they can take the grind. But in reality, the Heat are just one injury away from being as good as the 2009-2010 Cleveland Cavaliers. On paper, I see the Celtics winning the East. Of course, the Celtics themselves are an injury or two, on very old legs, away from waiting until next year.

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2010, 04:59:33 PM »

After looking at it on paper, remember this is just on paper, I see no way the Heat get past the Celtics. The Celtics are too big, and they'll clog the middle to prevent LeBron and Wade from driving the lane. Now as for the regular season, I see the Heat winning the number 1 seed, they are younger and they can take the grind. But in reality, the Heat are just one injury away from being as good as the 2009-2010 Cleveland Cavaliers. On paper, I see the Celtics winning the East. Of course, the Celtics themselves are an injury or two, on very old legs, away from waiting until next year.

Yeah I see the Celtics as the better TEAM
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »
I'm hoping to see them fail next year. But if they make it to the Finals and the Lakers beat them, it would be even better. If the cHeat make it and the Lakers don't, I'd still root against them I think. Their aren't any teams in the league I hate.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »
I still hate the Celtics. Every title they win keeps the divide between the Lakers and Celtics growing. Right now, the Lakers are at 16, the Celtics are at 17, meaning if the Lakers 3 peat, then they are tied at 17 for most overall titles. Can't have the Celtics win anymore, at least until the Lakers win 3 more, minimum.

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2010, 11:10:44 AM »
I still hate the Celtics. Every title they win keeps the divide between the Lakers and Celtics growing. Right now, the Lakers are at 16, the Celtics are at 17, meaning if the Lakers 3 peat, then they are tied at 17 for most overall titles. Can't have the Celtics win anymore, at least until the Lakers win 3 more, minimum.

The Celtics are going to be in some major trouble over the next few years. They will still be good this year. But they havent really found a lot of young talent that can be ready to take over once the old talent is gone. Rondo is good obviously. But what happens when KG, Pierce, and Allen are gone...and now Shaq as well. Who are the young guns that are in waiting?? Allen might be replaceable. Although he is one of the best outside shooters ever, you can typically FIND spot up shooters. But players like KG and Pierce dont really grow on trees. There is always the possibility of making a big free agent splash at some point. But thats a scary thing to COUNT on. Look how many teams counted on it this year, and other than Miami they are all fucked. You have to draft well also. Thats why Im so happy with what the Spurs have been doing. They have slowly set themselves up with the next wave of talent. Hill will be able to takeover Parkers spot if he leaves next year. James Anderson (if he lives up to expectations) can eventually take over for Manu (by that time Anderson will be entering his prime and have a couple years to learn), Splitter can take over for Duncan (not as good as Duncan obviously, but from what scouts have reported the kid is very good...best bigman in Europe and he will have a couple years of playing with Duncan which can only help), and Blair is already solid in limited minutes...he will only get better as his playing time increases and he keeps working on his ouside game.

Anyways, dont be shocked to see the Celtics as one of the lower tier teams sometime over the next 5 years (barring some big free agent pickup). Sorry Hack.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2010, 01:52:46 PM »
If james gon win a ring its gon b wit this roster
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.