Author Topic: Dr. Dre Sued $1.2 Million For Unpaid Studio Session  (Read 1173 times)

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

Re: Dr. Dre Sued $1.2 Million For Unpaid Studio Session
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:48 AM »
Even so, you have to be financial retarded to squander $1.2 million dollars just like that.

Matty

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »

DON'T WORRY BOUT THAT DETOX ALBUM WE GON' MAKE DRE DO IT

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 11:11:31 AM »
Even so, you have to be financial retarded to squander $1.2 million dollars just like that.

Where does it say this money was squandered? I assume its what they owe for renting the studios.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »
detox pushed up  8)
haha lmao, next interview will be like 'i had this sue for 1.2mil, so i stopped working on detox for a year'

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 01:42:15 PM »

DON'T WORRY BOUT THAT DETOX ALBUM WE GON' MAKE DRE DO IT

LMFAO!!!!  :laugh:

this is prolly another smoke screen to push DETOX back... AGAIN!!!!  :-\
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

Where does it say this money was squandered? I assume its what they owe for renting the studios.

Try to use your brain. No music published from the sessions= no profit, therefore the money is squandered.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 04:15:29 PM »

Try to use your brain. No music published from the sessions= no profit, therefore the money is squandered.

You don't know what music was produced from those session. How is this news? Dr. Dre has been a producer since the late 80s, we already know he has a large vault of unpublished music. Clearly he makes a lot more money than he spends working on music. For all you know he was working on Detox or Em's next album or any number of things that will hopefully see release in the future. If not, then all he has to do is sell a few beats and bam, all that studio time is paid for.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:22:07 PM by rapsodie is a hip hop elitist »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 05:32:56 PM »
Dre aint rich til detox drops
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 07:01:53 PM »
I thought Aftermath had their own studio? What's the point of renting one out?

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »

possibly due to the fact that other company's out there have more STATE-OF-THE-ART recording studios/equipment.
I'd assume that Aftermath or even Interscope for that matter doesn't necessarily have the means to actually own a TOP-OF-THE-LINE recording studio.
otherwise you'd think it would make sense to invest in one for their own private use w/o the middle-man costs of paying for endless studio time. especially considering someone like Dre who takes forever to LITTERALY finally RELEASE a FINISHED product.... such a waste of MONEY, TIME & possibly good MUSIC.

maybe somebody on this board who actually knows might be able to explain how these systems, circumstances & situations actually work-out in the music biz?
but to me if you think about it, wouldn't a super-giant like Interscope already own a high-scale recording studio as a subsidiary company or at the very least be a stock-shareholder?
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Stan

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 11:36:07 PM »
if you think about it, wouldn't a super-giant like Interscope already own a high-scale recording studio as a subsidiary company or at the very least be a stock-shareholder?

Yea someone should.  The thing is making rap music is super easy.  You need a mic, computer, vocal booth, and an instrumental... that's it.  I'm sure Dre has studio musicians but even still it's not that complicated.  These days equipment has come down in cost and you can record a professional sounding album on a Mac laptop.  You don't need a super-computer to run Pro Tools or Logic. 

Maybe real estate is too expensive in LA or maybe there is none left ???  :-X

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 11:42:11 PM »
From my very limited understanding,

Dre switched over to live instrumentals since he's started working with khalil = paid studio musicians

duke is a known perfectionists so a lot of time is eaten up by "nailing" that perfect delivery

creative juices vary from location to location, why do you think they go to hawaii to record?

From the minor footage of how he works, it seems to be rather isolated events where each person is in a studio room working things out.  In one room so one is laying vocals and in other he might be working on a beat, etc.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 12:34:14 AM »
From my very limited understanding,

Dre switched over to live instrumentals since he's started working with khalil = paid studio musicians

duke is a known perfectionists so a lot of time is eaten up by "nailing" that perfect delivery

creative juices vary from location to location, why do you think they go to hawaii to record?

From the minor footage of how he works, it seems to be rather isolated events where each person is in a studio room working things out.  In one room so one is laying vocals and in other he might be working on a beat, etc.

Dre has always used live instrumentation

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 12:55:31 AM »
has he?  i can recall reading that he started recording differently upon meeting khalil.

someone was talking about sampling and how dre switched up his style of sampling to live re-recordings after her worked with khalil

i honestly don't follow too much info on dre.  khalil/new royales is my shit
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 06:10:05 AM »
dre shits in the studio, fuck, eat, sleeps, etc. and now cant pay the rent.