Author Topic: Ice Cube - Drink The Kool Aid  (Read 1936 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube - Drink The Kool Aid
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 03:12:03 PM »

first off the song is nuthin special and i wont listen to it much mainly cuz of the wack beat
next up: IMO your sayin cube is the best rapper cuz you dont want others to think your a hater cuz otherwise 90% of your posts are sayin somethin negative bout cube (whether you say somethin good or bad bout him in the same post)

yeah mack treated soft wite like a mixtape cuz it didnt even move mixtape numbers....other artists on the same level of mack give that many mixtapes away....why hasnt mack released some good muzik in recent years?  your talkin as if mack is in the best label situation to where he can make another dope album which hasnt happened in a long time...but now soft white is a mixtape?  stop denyin that it didnt do as good as he would have hoped cuz that aint no mixtape....matter fact it did horrible for a rapper that once did good....but you cant blame the fans, dl etc...the album was wack but mack and others goin around tellin everyone its his best album to date this n that....the usual industry suck up to sell....muzik has changed and so have artists like mack unlike artists like wc and cube who still make dope muzik but you wont state that and everytime cube releases new muzik its wack to you....what does wc livin down the street from you have to do wit anythin?  thats a excuse that la is havin a hard time tryna break in....they did it once before and it can happen again not wit wack muzik like soft white, what g malone is doin, sly boogy not droppin a album, jayo felony not droppin, game not droppin but wit dope muzik like brotha lynch, ice cube, how we got here in the first place....muzik has only changed for la artists? be real here now

Ur hate 4 cube is some dedication...so ur admittin ur boss(es) make wack muzik like cube is? Can u name one mack song or anythin by mack or malone thats been highly talked bout or anticipated as much as cubes new album or even wc's? Btw cube was n westside connection along wit wc and ur boy mack...u jay rock, malone, etc...are bringin the best outta cube at this stage n his career so keep it comin...u werent hatin on cube b4 this beef started so y after?  cubes makin better muzik than snoop, game, and many more but u stay hatin...he needs 2 take lessons from mack who hasnt done nuthin...soft white? U like that album? Soft trash...wheres beach cruiser droppin on 6/6/09 4 my bitch? Y dont u speak on them thangz?
cube is the best westcoast rapper to date.nothing good will ever be talked about on this site for glasses or mack.mack treated soft white like a mixtape.he paid nothing to do it and its at around 30k sold on the project.so take $7.67x30k and do the math.im sure mack not  trippin.the mack and malone album is a nice body of work that any street person will understand.as far as beach cruiser droppin its been a long journey but its coming.music has changed drastic for all la artist.any artist from la will and is having problems getting records out (politics).by the way my i stay a few doors down from wc and hes real close with my brother so no hate here folk
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »
I can digg this...Don Mega Cube goes hard and shoots a couple of warning shots to remind errbody who the Original Gangsta is.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2010, 04:57:46 PM »
How anybody can think this is wack is just plain confused. Ya'll must not like real west coast rap then...

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 05:42:52 PM »
How anybody can think this is wack is just plain confused. Ya'll must not like real west coast rap then...

This doesnt sound westcoast at all... So that has nothin to do with it.. I just like very few beats with a guitar riff.

BIGWORM

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 07:04:22 PM »
"drink the kool aid"

Ice Cube is saying he's "Jim Jones" and all the New West artists are his followers and now it's time for them all to commit suicide.

I like this track LOL..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »
cool track, nothing more or less. Flow is too choppy on this.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2010, 09:37:07 PM »

This doesnt sound westcoast at all... So that has nothin to do with it.. I just like very few beats with a guitar riff.

How does this not sound West Coast and the Don Mega Ice Cube is on it? haha cmon

Blasphemy

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 11:54:40 PM »
I like it, gonna be in Rotation, maybe more then I rep that West. Mainly because I like the his Flow with the Beat. His Lyrics mainly stay on the Topic that this is Ice Cube and don't confuse him with no one else. The Riff is Extremely Simplistic but carries a sorta laid back aggressive feel.  When I listen to the beat it sounds like he's here to set the record, it's not the kind you would use to tear down the government or highlight the hypocrites of society with, it's perfect for a simple statement. Which it essentially is. The tracks statement and message is crystal clear, and perfectly sets up I Am The West Tone that's going to coming.

That I Am The West is nothing more then Pure West Coast Gangsta rap in all it's G-Filled, Blunt fury. Chances are it won't be as Political which really shows Ice Cubes skills as a Lyricist, but even in his Gangsta tone he still manages to touch on issues, even if the blight is minimal at best.

Anyways just my thoughts on what the Track and possibly the Album it's self will be like. Cube still manages to make tracks that are Bangers, and music that's still Solid even if it's not Classic Status. Only a Few times he's stumbled hard as Game did with Red, which (Note: I do like this track) was "I Got My Locs" on Raw Footage, which had no fucking place on a album of that type.

Wonder if a Video will drop for this, also anyone know what his next single gonna be??? 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 01:00:13 AM »
i like your logic

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 04:42:58 AM »
@Blasphemy.  Video drops Tuesday August 3rd.

Anyways, the song is dope to me but I'm not surprised that the production turns some folks off. 

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 05:16:13 AM »

How does this not sound West Coast and the Don Mega Ice Cube is on it? haha cmon

Doesnt matter who is on it ? It does not sound westcoast .. Any New York cat could do a Westcoast track.. It doesnt come down to where youre from..

The Predator

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 06:23:02 AM »
"drink the kool aid"

Ice Cube is saying he's "Jim Jones" and all the New West artists are his followers and now it's time for them all to commit suicide.

I like this track LOL..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Yew mass-suicide, Cube got young rap niggas thirsty haha.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 06:45:35 AM »
Not bad. I like the beat. Whether you like it or not, it's better than 90% of Raw Footage.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 07:04:27 AM »
judging by the responses, seems like you either love or hate this song.. i love it

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 08:09:14 AM »
If i had 2 choose luv it or hate it...hate it..beat isnt good at all..lyrics are dope but beat is bad...hope it dont make the album
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.