Author Topic: Yee Haw. Country Music.  (Read 169 times)

Trauma-san

Yee Haw. Country Music.
« on: December 15, 2002, 12:09:21 AM »
Any of yall eclectic enough to feel any country music?  I won't get into the honky tonk redneck stuff (although I like some of that too), but I really think there's some country people that transcend music, and make stuff that's classic.  Like, for instance, you can say the beatles transcend music, they make stuff that people like, no matter what the genre... the tops of the genre's usually do that.  Since Hiphop has sucked lately, this is one of the other genres I've turned to, lol.  

Well, in country, I'd say people like Alison Krauss do that.  She's amazing.  She started out as this big fat chick that played banjo and bluegrass, then she was pretty good.  Over the years, she lost all the weight, and now she's pretty much beautiful, and still makes good music.  She has a really amazing pretty and smooth voice.  Really mellow.  Check out "I Will" her beatles cover song, or check out "When you say nothing at all", which I think is one of the best songs out in years.  

Willie Nelson, gets a ton of jokes, becuase he's the typical redneck looking hillbilly... but looks are deceiving.  He started writing songs in the 40's! and wrote Patsy Cline's biggest hit (probably the biggest hit in country music ever) "Crazy".  He couldn't get signed, because he has a very weird phrasing when he sings, he kinda sings off beat... but it's perfectly off beat, hard to explain, lol .  Very loose. Well, it took him years to get signed, and now he plays like beautiful Flamenco guitar styles in his music.  It's unbelievable.  Listen to "I never cared for you" and you'll see what i'm talking about, he's a legend.  

Yall oughta look into Johnny Cash, too.  His album live at San Quentin prison was awesome.  He sang songs and stuff about people getting hung, it was pretty crazy.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:Yee Haw. Country Music.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 12:54:15 AM »
dude...i never liked country until i moved into residence at school

my room mate loves country...and he got me hooked on to some of it

well, to be honest, the only music he had was Ja Rule/Nelly or Country

i chose country
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 03:09:34 AM »
LOL.  Sometimes, I get really sick of that twangy country, that's just "Well, I got me some beer, My Woman's turned Queer, My Car's got a flat tire, and I'm too wasted to Steer" stuff.  But Sometimes, LOL I love it. They all eat Nelly alive, lol.  

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 03:30:13 AM »
Yeah.  It's not that bad of music. It's pretty good actually.  My dad has always owned some property out in the country and out there the music is all around you.  It's actually really good music.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 04:33:19 AM »
 :o

I stand all amazed.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 05:14:43 AM »
I can't say i'm a huge fan, I don't own any country albums or nuttin' but I have heard country music that I have liked, and the thing I liked most is that most of what I have heard is really DEEP lyrically.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2002, 05:33:47 AM »
YEah; another thing is, most country musicians are 10X better than rock musicians, as far as actual ability.  You take a country guitarist, and he'll eat a rock guitarist alive anyday.  Peace~

Murrow

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2002, 06:53:03 AM »
Don't really like it.  I like country sounding songs like, "Fill Her Up," "This Cowboy Song" and "I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying" by Sting.  Otherwise, I don't care for this type of music.  It is a good, simple way of story telling though.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2002, 10:54:49 AM »
"I'm so happy I can't stop crying" is an awesome song.  Most of the country music I really respect is about along that vibe.  that's a classic, I really think that kind of music goes a long way.  

EM28

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2002, 11:55:37 AM »
my dad has country cd's.  I used to listen to country a lot.  Not anymore.  But I can say it's not bad.  Pretty good music.  Don't have any country cd's though

EM28

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2002, 11:56:13 AM »
i really only listen to hip hop though