Author Topic: Will.i.am doesn't support new Jackson album  (Read 462 times)

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
Will.i.am doesn't support new Jackson album
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:07:03 PM »
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38537477/from/toolbar

I don't agree with 3/4 of the shit Will.i.am puts out. I want to hear what Michael had in his vault...  Imagine being able to go through your favorite artist's library?

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Will.i.am doesn't support new Jackson album
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »
i heard it was only be gonna be 10 tracks....

and that most were from the 80's (thank god, thats when mj ruled shit)

and a couple tracks with will.i.am...

so i hope to god the ones with will.i.am get removed and replaced with something that wont be garbage..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »
He says Jackson was a perfectionist and would only want music released that he sanctioned.

I agree. But he also has to realize that the fans want to hear it.

Its so sad he had to die. After seeing "This is It" I truly believe that had he had the opportunity to do those shows he would've regained his fame.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

cmk1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »
I'm wondering will the same case happen on Dr. Dre.
..... a disc collb. with some "rappers" like soulja boy, or even like Justin Bieber after he died?  :-\

IMO, this wiil be a disaster  :-X

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »
I'm wondering will the same case happen on Dr. Dre.
..... a disc collb. with some "rappers" like soulja boy, or even like Justin Bieber after he died?  :-\

IMO, this wiil be a disaster  :-X

C/S i think it will be a joke too.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Elano

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 11:19:31 PM »
maybe he's mad because they haven't called him to rework some tracks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 02:53:04 AM »
maybe he's mad because they haven't called him to rework some tracks

This.

What you will end up hearing is like the remixes done for the anniversary Thriller edition.

Matty

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 03:11:06 AM »
will isn't exactly a dj quik or dr. dre, the thriller remixes were awful. unreleased MJ music is likely to be better than any 'reworks' given the likely candidates that would be involved in the production.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:42 AM »
will isn't exactly a dj quik or dr. dre, the thriller remixes were awful. unreleased MJ music is likely to be better than any 'reworks' given the likely candidates that would be involved in the production.

Were they seriously confirmed? 

It might be cool then...

I just hope they have clean vocals and full songs for the project, otherwise I don't wanna listen to it.

Matty

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 03:50:50 AM »

It might be cool then...

I just hope they have clean vocals and full songs for the project, otherwise I don't wanna listen to it.

nooooo....i presume a release of older material would be using a cleaned up version of the original production, no remixing or fiddling as such. i was just comparing will to a couple of producers who would be worthy and capable of making something classic if they worked with MJ's vocals.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 04:10:22 AM »

It might be cool then...

nooooo....i presume a release of older material would be using a cleaned up version of the original production, no remixing or fiddling as such. i was just comparing will to a couple of producers who would be worthy and capable of making something classic if they worked with MJ's vocals.

Yeah.  I was thinking like they get the producers to recreate the original beat but give it a more modern feel.  Altho there's quite a large timespan from his last album, so they might be able to just str8 release original material with the original production and it might sound okay?

The only thing is I think he had alot of unfinished songs, I don't want to hear half finished songs, or pieces of 3 songs compiled together to make one song.

Matty

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 04:53:54 AM »
from what i've read there are a LOT of unreleased tracks laying around in the MJ vault for them to be able to put together many albums worth of material. finished stuff too. i got nothing against updating the production, but most efforts would be a step backward. most producers doing the rounds today would just fuck it up. a good cleanup should leave the material sounding completely up to date 8)

hmm supposedly there is enough finished songs for several albums but the deal with the estate is to release 10 over a certain timespan. i'd rather have fewer quality releases than padding it all out with stuff that isn't up to releasable quality or shitty remixes.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 05:01:35 AM »
from what i've read there are a LOT of unreleased tracks laying around in the MJ vault for them to be able to put together many albums worth of material. finished stuff too. i got nothing against updating the production, but most efforts would be a step backward. most producers doing the rounds today would just fuck it up. a good cleanup should leave the material sounding completely up to date 8)

hmm supposedly there is enough finished songs for several albums but the deal with the estate is to release 10 over a certain timespan. i'd rather have fewer quality releases than padding it all out with stuff that isn't up to releasable quality or shitty remixes.

Yeah, agreed.  If you can grab like 16 of the best songs, put them all on one album.  Then if you wanna start the 2Pac shit with all the second ditch efforts go ahead. 

I just want one good album of complete songs.

Yeah, I'd be down for good mixing/mastering on the OGs and nothing else.

Matty

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 05:03:13 AM »
"Michael Jackson's first posthumous album of unreleased material is due out in November, a rep for the King Of Pop's estate told Rolling Stone.

More than 100 unreleased Jackson songs are believed to be in the singer's vaults, his manager, Frank DiLeo, said. The collection includes works with will.i.am, Akon, and Ne-Yo. "There are a couple songs we recorded for the Bad album that we had to cut that are sensational," he said.

Jackson made dozens of songs for each record. "Every time that (Jackson) recorded, he over-recorded," former Sony Music CEO Tommy Mottola told Rolling Stone last year. Mottola added that all of the songs were quality tracks that could have been hits. One of the records, "Don't Be Messin' Around" is from the Thriller era. DiLeo said a few leftovers from the Bad album are "sensational."

Rodney Jerkins, who produced Jackson's Invincible record, recently discussed his plans to collaborate on a forthcoming Jackson album. "I'm about to work on a new, unreleased project that we're talking about doing right now," Jerkins told VladTV.com. "It's definitely going to come. It takes time. You have to do a lot of the red tape, but yeah, there's going to be (an) unreleased Michael Jackson."

A few of Jackson's unreleased tracks, "A Place With No Name," "Another Day," and "This Is It," surfaced last year.

The November album will reportedly feature 10 songs. It is part of the new deal the Jackson estate struck with Sony in March. The $200 million venture will yield 10 albums in seven years, the Wall Street Journal reported. "

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:55 AM »
Its so sad he had to die. After seeing "This is It" I truly believe that had he had the opportunity to do those shows he would've regained his fame.

LOL yeah it's sad because he had to overdose on drugs. Hope this pedophile had the most painful death he could possibly have.