Author Topic: Lady Gaga  (Read 982 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lady Gaga
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 02:26:32 AM »
lady gaga is fuckin whack and its a shame to see more people duped by her marketing. shes marketed as a "smart popstar", so even if you look down on pop music and say its whack then you can still admit you like her and not feel lame because shes "different" and "writes her own songs"

personally i think its all a load of shit. i mean i like pop artists like the dream, beyonce etc. because i think they have great songs. lady gaga is cheap fuckin euro-pop for the american masses (and trust me on this cause growing up in europe this is just normal pop music). her music is nothing special at all, its all image, and people bought it.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 02:43:22 AM »
lady gaga is fuckin whack and its a shame to see more people duped by her marketing. shes marketed as a "smart popstar", so even if you look down on pop music and say its whack then you can still admit you like her and not feel lame because shes "different" and "writes her own songs"

personally i think its all a load of shit. i mean i like pop artists like the dream, beyonce etc. because i think they have great songs. lady gaga is cheap fuckin euro-pop for the american masses (and trust me on this cause growing up in europe this is just normal pop music). her music is nothing special at all, its all image, and people bought it.

LOL The Dream?  Are you serious?  He makes the most generic songs I've ever heard.  And if you wanna talk about beats, again seriously... The Dream??  You been brainwashed by this American production?  Beyonce and Dream are more RnB tho so it's a moot point.

If you don't recognize how Gaga got talent, you ain't hear NEARLY enough artists in the "Pop" genre.  I didn't even hear Gaga's album till this year, and I immediately liked it.  How did her marketing scheme work on me when I ain't even know about it?

Madonna had skill, Britney had skill...  Gaga got skill.    As much as you like to believe every single one of these artists are contrived and aren't real musicians, it's not true..  If you don't feel Pop at all tho, you gonna think all of those artists is whack anyways...

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 02:53:49 AM »

LOL The Dream?  Are you serious?  He makes the most generic songs I've ever heard.  And if you wanna talk about beats, again seriously... The Dream??  You been brainwashed by this American production?  Beyonce and Dream are more RnB tho so it's a moot point.

If you don't recognize how Gaga got talent, you ain't hear NEARLY enough artists in the "Pop" genre.  I didn't even hear Gaga's album till this year, and I immediately liked it.  How did her marketing scheme work on me when I ain't even know about it?

Madonna had skill, Britney had skill...  Gaga got skill.    As much as you like to believe every single one of these artists are contrived and aren't real musicians, it's not true..  If you don't feel Pop at all tho, you gonna think all of those artists is whack anyways...

look, from a song writing perspective the dream is incredible and far from generic. i mean HE WROTE SINGLE LADIES FOR FUCKS SAKE. like.... i dont even understand how anyone can deny his hitmaking skills, and to be honest im not even interested if they want to deny it, cause its a pointless argument. dude has written some of the biggest hits of the past 5 years.

anyway, fuck that, this is my beef with lady gaga.. you always hear the same fuckin buzzwords with her like "talented" "song writer" "musician". she has been marketed as more than your average pop star, and its worked. MOST good pop artists co-write their own songs (lady gaga co-writes, dont let the fact she plays piano fool you), MOST good pop artists do all the shit she does, but because shes been hyped up to be a real musician in a pop stars clothing who is CRAAAAAAAZY and eccentric, poeple get it twisted. im not saying you have been duped by her marketing, im simply saying that  a) this is how she has been marketed and b) this is how people perceive her (the marketing was successful in building a specific public image)

now look im not hating on her, her music is average pop music to me and i have no beef with that, hell even one of her songs i like, but its the fans. its dumb how people make her out to be something special, new, talented, whatever. who fuckin cares, shes a pop star plain and simple and i think all the extra attention she gets is is purely based on a combination of image and clever marketing.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 02:57:31 AM »
Beyonce and Dream are more RnB tho so it's a moot point.

i dont know if youd like to discuss this point further but im interested as to how you classify and perceive the differences between rnb and pop music, especially since modern pop music as we know it IS rnb dominated, to the point were i dont see the line.

is lady gaga stricly pop because she is white and used 90s euro-pop as a basis for her music?
or are we drawing a line and saying beyonce is not pop because she is black + american?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:58 AM »
Before I read the rest of your posts.  Let's discuss the first point I've read.

Show me a link where Gaga is being marketed as more than the average pop star.

I'm pretty sure if you on a big label and your ppl ain't hyping you up to be the best artist out they ain't doing they job.

But still I haven't seen any, that just shows how much I give a fuck about marketing.

So let's take it from there..

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 03:06:47 AM »
And if you wanna discuss marketing further, The Dream's big marketing ploy is being a writer for famous artists, which is one of the points you listed for liking him...

Duh...... 

Single Ladies was "If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it"...  That is no different than some shit Gaga would say and you know it.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 03:50:04 AM »
And if you wanna discuss marketing further, The Dream's big marketing ploy is being a writer for famous artists, which is one of the points you listed for liking him...

Duh...... 

Single Ladies was "If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it"...  That is no different than some shit Gaga would say and you know it.

right you got me confused on this one, lady gaga might have a lyric similar to one the the dream would write. ok. but whats your point? im not hating on gagas music, i dont somehow feel that i have to dislike anything similar to her. i think in the pop spectrum is quite realistic to imagine any female star singing those lyrics. i dont get what you man though and what you are getting at.

and yes i like the dream because he is a good songwriter, but why are we even discussing this?  its wrong to say such  a thing as it being a "marketing ploy". yes they might use that to market him, but its not a ploy, he really did have a great success writing hits for other artsists! its a selling point, not a ploy!

anyway, im not going to find you a link to a page were she is being marketed as a more than average pop star, its everywhere! dont you get the concept of PR? every single interview she does, every photoshoot, all contributes towards the image, no.... THE PRODUCT and THE BRAND of lady gaga. she recently joined up with polaroid to do something. now most pop stars get a deal with pepsi, coke etc, but this is one fine example as how the lady gaga brand is represented as a classier, more intelligent brand. this has nothing to do with her music i am talking about her image, and brand, if you cant see a HUGE difference between lady gagas image and other pop stars then i cant help you. but that is my whole point, this different image she has unfortunately causes her music to be assumed as different, when it is just normal pop music. i mean cmon surely you have heard people  saying all this crap like her music is different, she has "real" talent, blah blah blah ?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 04:13:26 AM »
You not listening to me B.  I'm saying that whatever marketing she has, it has no effect on me.  So for you to come at me saying that it was the marketing that made me like her and not the music itself is ludicrous.

That's all I'm saying.

Sometimes the artist is good, sometimes it's marketing.  In this case, it's both.  And for me, it was the music that made me like her.  I could give two shits if she on Koch and only got one music video if she still put out that same CD I'ma bump her shit.

AND I ain't never read any interviews of her or googled no photoshoots so fuck outta here with that theory.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 04:31:27 AM »
You not listening to me B.  I'm saying that whatever marketing she has, it has no effect on me.  So for you to come at me saying that it was the marketing that made me like her and not the music itself is ludicrous.

That's all I'm saying.

Sometimes the artist is good, sometimes it's marketing.  In this case, it's both.  And for me, it was the music that made me like her.  I could give two shits if she on Koch and only got one music video if she still put out that same CD I'ma bump her shit.

AND I ain't never read any interviews of her or googled no photoshoots so fuck outta here with that theory.

dude like i already said im not saying YOU specifically have been duped by marketing, you've made that clear. im just throwing it out there because i think its an overlooked and  interesting discussion.  however, im curious about when you say "some actually earn their fame with true artistic ability" when referring to lady gaga. what i wanna know is how you have come to this opinion of her, just from listening to her music, how can you tell she has earned it through artistic ability over some other random pop star? everyone has this opinion of gaga (through good PR work or not) so im very interested to hear from someone who has this opinion that didnt get sweeped up in the marketing/PR side of things.  what gives lady gagas music higher artistic value than other pop music? im very confused about this, as once you take away the artistic music videos and fashion, were is the high-art then? cause i dont hear it in the music.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 04:39:20 AM »

That's all I'm saying.

dude like i already said im not saying YOU specifically have been duped by marketing, you've made that clear. im just throwing it out there because i think its an overlooked and  interesting discussion.  however, im curious about when you say "some actually earn their fame with true artistic ability" when referring to lady gaga. what i wanna know is how you have come to this opinion of her, just from listening to her music, how can you tell she has earned it through artistic ability over some other random pop star? everyone has this opinion of gaga (through good PR work or not) so im very interested to hear from someone who has this opinion that didnt get sweeped up in the marketing/PR side of things.  what gives lady gagas music higher artistic value than other pop music? im very confused about this, as once you take away the artistic music videos and fashion, were is the high-art then? cause i dont hear it in the music.

I dunno alot of her songs are just hype.  Her production is a big part of it, I'll admit.  But she makes solid songs outta them muthafuckas to me.   I'm a seasoned listener and my ears are pretty good for spotting that typa shit.  Alotta her lyrics are quite ambigious, which plays into good song writing, having cross-over appeal to guys etc.  If you give me 30 bitches in the pop game now I'ma pick Gaga top 3. 

You listen to the music over and over again for years and you really notice when a good artist comes along in the genre.  Trust me.  I'm sure you can do it with Hip-Hop.  It's just the producer niche you get from being exposed to so much music.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 04:41:22 AM »
You think if you give Katie Perry or CURRENT Christina Aguilera or CURRENT Britney Spears those beats, they gonna come up with some peculiar but catchy shit like Gaga does?  Fuck no.  There is some artistry hidden in her music.

Matter of fact: If you listen to Christina's last album, she copping Gaga's whole style, and it sounds horrible.  And Christina is a credible pop artist, so for her to not be upto par with Gaga says something.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:43:26 AM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

V2DHeart

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 05:40:03 AM »
You think if you give Katie Perry or CURRENT Christina Aguilera or CURRENT Britney Spears those beats, they gonna come up with some peculiar but catchy shit like Gaga does?  Fuck no.  There is some artistry hidden in her music.

Matter of fact: If you listen to Christina's last album, she copping Gaga's whole style, and it sounds horrible.  And Christina is a credible pop artist, so for her to not be upto par with Gaga says something.

Very good point.

I will add my 2 cents later
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 05:53:25 AM »
She makes great commecrial music. The new Gwen Stefani in my opinion.

"Just Dance" was alright. But when she dropped that "Poker Face" shit I was like  :o "Paparazzi" was ehh. She picked back up with "Love Game"

Then she dropped basically like a pt2 to her album with "Telephone" f/ Beyonce - that shit blew up bigger than Poker Face. Same with "Bad Romance". Even "Alejandro" is catchy as fuck. She's an amazing writer and I believe she's only 24. Can't hate her. Although I'm predicting everyone on here will say they don't listen to her music cuz we know niggas on here are too gangsta for that.

Naw man, I admit I listen to stuff like Cindy Lauper, Phil Collins, Sade, Alicia Keys.   And I agree that Lady Gaga is talented as hell and I've seen her in interviews and she sounds very intelligent, but to me her music is STYLE over SUBSTANCE.  It's not anything worth listening to, in my opinion.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 05:55:50 AM »
You listen to the music over and over again for years and you really notice when a good artist comes along in the genre.  Trust me.  I'm sure you can do it with Hip-Hop.  It's just the producer niche you get from being exposed to so much music.

you are not the only one with a producer niche here  ;D i listen to a lot of non-hip-hop too and i like to analyse these things too. this has actually been a really good discussion, its good to get another viewpoint on the whole gaga phenomenon. one thing i find intersting from a musical standpoint the way gaga has become so popular worldwide with music very rooted in euro-tradition. i think with a little more american contemporary influence on the production, along (of course) with her image, helped her to have the success she had. in my opinion she also borrows heavily from kate bush too and i think this appeals to a slightly older generation.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 06:03:44 AM »
She makes great commecrial music. The new Gwen Stefani in my opinion.

"Just Dance" was alright. But when she dropped that "Poker Face" shit I was like  :o "Paparazzi" was ehh. She picked back up with "Love Game"

Then she dropped basically like a pt2 to her album with "Telephone" f/ Beyonce - that shit blew up bigger than Poker Face. Same with "Bad Romance". Even "Alejandro" is catchy as fuck. She's an amazing writer and I believe she's only 24. Can't hate her. Although I'm predicting everyone on here will say they don't listen to her music cuz we know niggas on here are too gangsta for that.

Naw man, I admit I listen to stuff like Cindy Lauper, Phil Collins, Sade, Alicia Keys.   And I agree that Lady Gaga is talented as hell and I've seen her in interviews and she sounds very intelligent, but to me her music is STYLE over SUBSTANCE.  It's not anything worth listening to, in my opinion.

i agree with that style over substance comment 100%...shes very obviously talented, and i can see why shes become this massive phenomenon, but its just not my cup of tea

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare