Poll

Whut Cha Think

Awesome Band, Classic, Lots of Dope Songs
2 (100%)
They Suck Donkey Nuts.
0 (0%)
Eh, Another old ass band Trauma recommends that I'll never listen to
0 (0%)
Oh! Thank You Trauma! Thank You, I'll Check These Guys Out! Good Heads Up!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: THE DOOBIE BROTHERS!!!!  (Read 192 times)

Trauma-san

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS!!!!
« on: December 15, 2002, 05:04:39 AM »
What Chall Think of THA DOOBIE BROTHERS!!!? (I always think of Chris Farley as tha Motovational Speaker, going, OH! I know what you've been doin! SMOKIN DOOBIES!!!, LOL)....

Yall heard em, like em, hate em, don't wanna hear em, or need to download some of their stuff?

For those that don't know, they sang like "Long Train Running" (Without LOOOVVVEEEEE, Where would we be now), and "Listen to tha Music".  They're really funky 70's hippy type stuff.  FUNK, baby.  I'll bet Dr. Dre knows all the words, this is his type of stuff for sure.  

Anyways, jsut found one of their cd's, so I was wonderin if they bein' slept on.  Peace~

Trauma-san

Re:THE DOOBIE BROTHERS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 05:10:07 AM »
BTW, just in case he reads...

PLEASE, PLEASE GOD DRE. PLEASE, PLEASE SAMPLE "Listen to the music".  PLEASE!!!!

Good GOD that's gotta be one of the greatest songs ever.  That acoustic guitar is enough to make you bust a nut.  Ahem.

"Don't ya feel it comin?
Day By Day;
People, are gettin' ready for the blues
Some are happy, an some are saaaaaaaaad
Oh; We gotta Let tha Music Play...

Whut tha people neeeeeeed/
Is a way ta make 'em Smile
It ain't so hard to do if you know how!
We gotta get a message..
get it on throughhhh
Lord, Oh My! goin' ta afta while (or somethin)

Oh Oh OHHHH, Listen to tha Musicccc
All tha TIMEEEEEEEEE

And then the guitar (Corleone, back me up) has that DOPE AS HELL chorus effect patched in on it, with all that damn feedback swirling around.  Good god.  LOL this song is so dope.  Everything about it is perfect.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 05:11:01 AM by Cloud Trauma »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 05:18:40 AM »
The name rings a bell, i'm not too sure if I know their music though, I probably have but just didn't realise it was them or something, so I guess i'll have to download some stuff from them. Any recommendations?

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 05:28:26 AM »
Definately.  Download "Listen to the Music" (it's what I was just harpin' about, amazing song)... and try "Long Train Running" Awesome song.  Lemme know what you think, I love it when people hear classic music for the first time.  Peace~

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 01:45:56 PM »
My dad's got some Doobie Brothers Records, I'll check 'em out.......LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!  LMAO!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 05:56:12 PM »
yeah the doobies are great. lots of people don't appreciate them. in my opinion one of their greatest songs is "what a fool believes" anyone who doesn't like that song needs to re-evaluate their lives. if you haven't heard it, download it. peace

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2002, 06:05:33 PM »

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2002, 11:53:31 PM »
Nice! ha, I think it could work.  I'd do it faster though, with the original tempo, so you can get that awesome acoustic sound to it.  Ha, man you can make a beat pretty quick, lol.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2002, 11:57:42 PM »
They've got a song called "Jesus is Just Alright" LOL it's awesome.  IT's all like "Jesus is my BUDDY, Jesus is Just Alright With Me!!!" lol

I'm gonna download that song you mentioned, and check it out.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2002, 04:34:07 AM »
Well I d/l "Listen To The Music, I think i'll have to give it a few more listens to get used to it though. When I did a search on KaZaA for "Long Train Running" two versions came up, there was one that was 5+ mins long (guitar mix or something), and then there was a shorter version, which one should I check out?

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2002, 07:21:23 AM »
The O.G. is like 4 minutes, I think.  Peace~