Author Topic: Lakers sign Shannon Brown  (Read 631 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Lakers sign Shannon Brown
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »
Agent: Shannon Brown, Lakers agree
ESPNLosAngeles.com

The Lakers and free agent guard Shannon Brown have agreed on a two-year contract worth $4.6 million, Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Thursday morning.

"Shannon could have made more money somewhere else, but I think he really wanted to play this out with the Lakers," Bartelstein said. "They've won it [all] two years in a row and the chance to win three straight [championships] doesn't come around every day."

Brown is likely the last piece of the Lakers' offseason puzzle. Though the negotiations took longer than expected, he and the team had expressed a desire to work a deal. Brown strongly considered the New York Knicks and New Orleans Hornets. The Lakers also considered free agent guards such as Raja Bell.

Brown had opted out of the second year of his previous deal with the Lakers, which would've paid him $2.15 million next season. He will again have a player option in the second year of this contract.

"It's time to go get number 3," Brown said via text message when asked about the new deal.

Brown averaged career highs in points (8.1), rebounds (2.2) and assists (1.3) last season. His acrobatic dunks and athleticism have made him one of the team's most popular players. Fans staged a grassroots campaign on the Internet to help him earn a spot in the dunk contest at the All Star Game.

His production and minutes fell off a bit in the playoffs however, as he averaged 4.9 points, 1.3 rebounds and 0.9 assists.

Now that Brown has signed, The Lakers have 12 players under contract. They have begun negotiations with second-round draft picks Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter, which would bring their roster to 14, one more than the Lakers carried last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5440224

Good job keeping him. Fisher is getting old, and you never know when he could go down from an injury on a killer flop or somethin. I say Blake ends up being the starting PG at some point anyways.

For the Lakers sake, they better win a title. This shit puts their team salary at about 95 million lol. "Salary cap" is 58 million.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:22:23 PM by .:DaYg0sTyLz:. »
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

westsiderider323

Re: Lakers sign Shannon Brown
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 02:19:44 PM »
finally shit weeks of waitin hell of a bench upgrade this season

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »

For the Lakers sake, they better win a title. This shit puts their team salary at about 95 million lol. "Salary cap" is 58 million.

LOL if you think Jerry Buss gives a fuck.

Shannon Brown is much more of a 2-guard than a point guard, anyways, so this wont affect the Fiisher/Blake situation much at all...he's been more of a back-up to Kobe than to Fisher. Either Fisher or Blake are likely to be on the court along with Shannon when he gets the burn...PeACe

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 03:06:51 PM »

Shannon Brown is much more of a 2-guard than a point guard, anyways, so this wont affect the Fiisher/Blake situation much at all...he's been more of a back-up to Kobe than to Fisher. Either Fisher or Blake are likely to be on the court along with Shannon when he gets the burn...PeACe

Im sure he doesnt give a fuck. Thats why the league needs a real salary cap...to keep teams from attempting to a buy a championship.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »

Im sure he doesnt give a fuck. Thats why the league needs a real salary cap...to keep teams from attempting to a buy a championship.

someones mad cuz the spurs are meaningless LOL

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 03:25:46 PM »

someones mad cuz the spurs are meaningless LOL

Not really. In case you still havent realized, injuries play a big part in sports. Like I said, let Gasol miss a third of the season and see where you guys rank.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
they shoulda kept farmar and traded brown

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 04:11:36 PM »
yeah but we still don't have a point who can break his man down off the dribble, shannon better be working on that handle,i'm a laker fan but i guess others never look at these lil things, i swear we really need luke to retire to injury and get sasha up and out, i think we still can win cause phill finds a way to do it with crappy players all the time,but we are getting old, at least 9 players that are 30 or better? as owen hart said "enough is enough it's time for a change" yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »
yeah but we still don't have a point who can break his man down off the dribble, shannon better be working on that handle,i'm a laker fan but i guess others never look at these lil things, i swear we really need luke to retire to injury and get sasha up and out, i think we still can win cause phill finds a way to do it with crappy players all the time,but we are getting old, at least 9 players that are 30 or better? as owen hart said "enough is enough it's time for a change" yell

If you guys had a PG who could get in the lane consistently that would be huge for u. You could get away without having it, if Kobe and Lamar would keep attacking the rim and not settle for jumpers. The problem is, as Kobe ages he will become more and more an outside shooter. Look at Jordans final years, he was mainly a fade-away jump shooter. He managed to make it one of the most unstoppable moves ever...but still his game had to change.  Unless there are some major personel changes in the next couple years, I see the Lakers turning into a much slower paced team. Relying on their bigs more.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »

the triangle offense typically doesn't require a point guard who slashes...thats why point guards never average high assists in the system, and why we went after a steve blake as opposed to a raymond felton. good fit, our point guard rotation is on point.

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 04:46:07 PM »

the triangle offense typically doesn't require a point guard who slashes...thats why point guards never average high assists in the system, and why we went after a steve blake as opposed to a raymond felton. good fit, our point guard rotation is on point.

Well holy shit, NIK says something that makes sense. Although it would be a nice luxury to have a PG who can get into the lane whenever he wants...it isnt necessary for this offense. Look at the Bulls teams. BJ Armstrong wasnt exactly breakin anybody down off the dribble

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »

Well holy shit, NIK says something that makes sense. Although it would be a nice luxury to have a PG who can get into the lane whenever he wants...it isnt necessary for this offense. Look at the Bulls teams. BJ Armstrong wasnt exactly breakin anybody down off the dribble

I can break down every team and it would make 100% sense right down to the last t...you just share opposite views, and your dumbass doesn't realize that opinion has nothing to do with knowledge of the game. for instance, if you posted your "objective" opinions about the lakers/kobe on a laker forum, you'd get more mufuckaz on your nuts than i had in tha gspot.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:27:59 PM by NIKCC »

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 01:33:32 AM »
Shannon brings athleticism and speed , something we are clearly lacking ... which can caused pbs in the regular season , not so much in the playoffs as the pace of games is slowed down ...  his terrible ball handling makes him a very average slasher though ...

anyways this Lakers team is more and more built like a veteran team which is going to cruise through the regular season to peak during the playoffs for the next 2 , 3 years ...

This roster is deep and Im looking for domination next season , especially on the defensive end ... Blake  is a  clear  upgrade over Farmar in that category , Barnes is another good addition

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »
of course with phil as coach his teams can get away without a point who can break you down off the dribble,but still you like to have different looks, fish and blake are basically the same players, it's always good to have that wild card,plus lamar is the fugitive hahaha he will not go right to save his life, they should diversify the triangle, and damn theo ratliff is like 34 i swear he was older then shaq yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:13 PM »
and damn theo ratliff is like 34 i swear he was older then shaq yell

He is...Shaq just aged like 10 years over the last 3 seasons lol