Author Topic: How importat is music to you in your everyday life?  (Read 1103 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

How importat is music to you in your everyday life?
« on: December 15, 2002, 12:31:57 PM »
I was wonderin' how do you rap fans relate to the music you listen to?

Sometimes i think its ridicolous the way i listen to music... i listen to music all the time... when i wake up i put on a cd, when im at school i got my walkman.. when i come home i put on a cd.. all the time

but it ain't the same type of listenin...
In the morning, its to wake up and try to think about something else than having to go to school all exhausted.. thats when i usually bump some faster stuff..

when im at school i bump pretty much anything.. i just bump it to have something to do, not to be bored, i dont pay attention to the lyrics too much..

when i come home i usually take off my pants and sweatshirt and just lie on my bed and sometimes put on headphones and close my eyes.. bump some real shit.. deep stuff.. forget bout the school day, let the music take me in a nother world, a worryless world.. just chill. thats when i listen to the lyrics.. a track i listen to alot at that time is "Tears OF A Killa" by WC and Butch Cassidy.. great track.

also before i go to bed and when im in bed i choose a cd from my collection and put it on and just lay down and bump it.....

music is REALLY important to me, a day without music and a complete day.. i need to listen to it, it kind of makes me forget bout the other stuff.. i guess ima a rap-addict.. cant help it, i love the music!

music is more than just a hobby.

peace
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 12:32:24 PM by Nima »

Trauma-san

Re:How importat is music to you in your everyday life?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 12:49:29 PM »
Man, REAL Important.  The reason I like so many different kinds of music, is because I've had people influence me through my life with it.  My mom, and my stepmom both listened to country.  My dad, until I was 13, all I listened to was Oldies with my dad.  At 13, I hadn't heard anything but Oldies, and some country.  I started listening to a little bit of newer stuff, but mostly oldies.  I fell in love at 16, and she listened to Rock, Nirvana, that type of stuff.  So I started watching MTV with her, and got introduced to Rock, etc.  Rap, I started listening to at about 13, too, because a friend of mine was into it, I started listening right before "deep Cover" came out.

Usually, I'll wake up, and I always play cd's in my car, wherever I drive.  when I'm online, I play songs, and I sing all the time, when I'm walking around the house, and stuff.  I also play guitar, so I play and sing daily.  

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 01:06:14 PM »
yea its definitely important, its soothing at times, it can pump you up at times, you can get messages through music at times or get lessons, so many things man. it can set the mood, or sometimes it can be like therapy. or plain and simply it can be entertaining. but whatever, i can really say its helped me through some stuff. it may have had some negatives but i think it has had more positive affects.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 01:36:06 PM »
Yup, very important.  Im very passonate about music, its like therepy, theres music for all types of emotions, dismay, happiness, "gangsta-ness" haha.  Seriously tho, like i love deep tracks, a song with a mellow beat and poetic lyrics just gets me high and in this beautiful mood.  Sum gangsta/fast shit just gets me all pumped up.  So it all depends on ure mood, i like bumpn deep slow stuff in the evening/night, and sum fast stuff in the afternoon etc... Music is food for the soul, your soul has these viberations, and if the viberations of an instrument/music match it, you feel high, its great, i couldnt live without music, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 01:42:33 PM »
Yup, very important.  Im very passonate about music, its like therepy, theres music for all types of emotions, dismay, happiness, "gangsta-ness" haha.  Seriously tho, like i love deep tracks, a song with a mellow beat and poetic lyrics just gets me high and in this beautiful mood.  Sum gangsta/fast shit just gets me all pumped up.  So it all depends on ure mood, i like bumpn deep slow stuff in the evening/night, and sum fast stuff in the afternoon etc... Music is food for the soul, your soul has these viberations, and if the viberations of an instrument/music match it, you feel high, its great, i couldnt live without music, peace

-{bLaDe}

^^ dead prez mind sex huh? *remembers the other night* wooooo

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 01:56:30 PM »

-{bLaDe}

^^ dead prez mind sex huh? *remembers the other night* wooooo

LoL, you know how it is dogg, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2002, 02:45:51 PM »
Music plays a huge part in my whole families life.  There is ALWAYS music playing in my house.  Even when we're not home, we leave music on.  I have music playing at work, and while I sleep.  Not only Rap music, when I'm with my bro i listen to Rock, Techno, and Metal, when I'm with my dad i liten to oldies like Dean Martin, Frankie, Paul Anka, Gershwin, etc.  And my mom listens to stuff like Celine Dion and Diana Krall.  Music is music to me.  I can find something good in a bad song.  So I can listen to anything.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2002, 03:58:14 PM »

-{bLaDe}

I couldn't agree more. To be honest, music is me. I think that is part of the reason why I am always in a good mood, because I have music bumpin 24/7. Without it, I get sad and depressed.

When I'm driving I try to listen to some hard music, I guess  to boost my confidence or whatever lol. But at home, its all about the deep stuff. It keeps my mind open and allows me to think.

If I were to go deaf I would prolly kill myself.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Murrow

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2002, 04:29:40 PM »
Music is my therapy - therefore it is very important to me.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2002, 05:21:06 AM »

-{bLaDe}

I know exactly where your coming from. I've heard someone refer to music as a 'real friend', always there for you no matter what, and I feel that's so true. I'd say music takes up 90% of my everyday life  :o Even when i'm not directly listening to it i'm thinking about it in my head, humming/singing along to a tune I might of heard earlier in the day etc, it's crazy how important it is in our everyday lives.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2002, 05:58:19 AM »
Music is pretty much my life.

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2002, 06:21:15 AM »
I listen to music all day when i'm at work, and when driving to and from there.
I don't listen to music so much at home.

Music is like a heartbeat, it ticks my brain along as I write code.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2002, 08:47:32 AM »
Music is pretty much my life.

Yup, exactly........I seriously cant go on without vibin 2 somethin for a day.......

It's like a drug, More addicting than a drug even......It's krayzie.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2002, 01:21:06 PM »
Very important!!

The problem with me is that I sometimes can't stand to be somewhere where there is rubbish music playing cause I listen to stuff to attentively now, so I can't just blank the music out anymore like I used to be able to.

Like Nima said, I always put some bangers on in the morning to wake me up, get me pumped up before I go to college.

I listen to a variety of stuff when i'm at college, both deep and hard shit on my laptop, whatever is being played in the student lounge and shit. I've been bringing in cds to play in the lounge recently, trying to make my fellow students like hip hop, although that is easier said than done in most cases.

When I get home I play the slower more laid back stuff, in the summer this is normally Warren G, Twinz, The Chronic G-Funk shit, and in the winter is stuff like Black Star, Illmatic and stuff like that.

I just love how music helps me cope with any emotions I may be feeling at that point. If a girl at college has just pissed me off I can go home and play Bitches Ain't Shit, and it will help me deal with that emotion.

I love music!

OutSider

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2002, 01:39:00 PM »
Very important!!

Yep Yep... it is important in daily life... people express emotions through music.. and someone once told me that when you sing a song it is like saying a prayer to god about how we are feeling and thinking of new ways of change....  :)