Author Topic: DREAMS. they are mysterious, sometimes they can scare you... READ  (Read 384 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

ok.
this has been interesting me for some time now. D-R-E-A-M-S. what are they? where do they come from? what do they mean?

i know there are two theories.... you have Freud etc, and you have the biologists...
i dont kno what to believe... sometimes i think it may be a message from god..

maybe DREAMS are there to GUIDE us, and the people smart enough to decode those signs, and to follow them will succeed... I mean, lets say you have an exam next week. and you dream that you're doin the exam and you have a blackout and fail horribly.. that could mean that you have to be careful and make sure to concentrate!

maybe our dreams show us our inner feelings, what we think and feel.. dreams are really extraordinary.. its something mystic.. people dont even think about it.. its normal, you do it everynight and thats it.

well i dunno, but dreams gotta be more than that! we build up whole worlds and stories! that must mean something, that must be for a purpose! now believe in god or not, believe what you want, you cannot denie that dreams are one big mistery..

imagine bein able to RECORD your dreams! i think by being able to REWATCH our dreams, we'd be able to handle life better, and solve lifes issues better, and easier. im sure our dreams give us hints and clues..
lets say you wanna go out with a girl, but dont know how to approach her.
then you dream that you come and just like get real dirty and wanna go at it immediately, and the girls runs away, you'll know that ain't the way to do it!

maybe not though, maybe dreams don't have any meanings.. however the interpretation of our dreams and thoughts are fascinating..

whats your opinion on this? i'm sure trauma will be able to give me some information..

peace

Murrow

Re:DREAMS. they are mysterious, sometimes they can scare you... READ
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 04:35:22 PM »
I can control what I dream about sometimes.  When I lay down to go to bed, I think a lot.  Whatever I think about reflects to what I dream about.  Recently I've been having this one girl on my mind, I think about her alot, especially before bed.  This a lot of times translates into a dream about her.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 04:35:58 PM by Murrow »

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 11:29:21 PM »
I think dreams are a reflection of what the rest of our mind is thinking about, you know we only use a little bit of our mind consciously.  I think subconsciously, we are always thinking about other things, and have things go on inside our head that we don't realize.  when we lay down, we get relaxed, and we're not thinking about anything consciously (trying to) anymore... so the only thing left is those subconscious thoughts, which are really there all day.  At night, they come into the forefront, and we notice them, but I think we've been having them all day.  Just my .02... I know sometimes, I'll find myself doing things subconsciously during the day, even... like I'll catch myself doing something, that I've obviously been doing, to obtain a goal, all day without realizing it.  I think the subconscious dreams up worlds that help us explain problems and put things in different lights, like my dream I posted on the other thread about dreams a couple posts down. Peace~

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 11:31:41 PM »
Oh, BTW; Scientists aren't positive why we need to sleep, but if you don't DREAM when you go to sleep, then the body quickly becomes sick, people even die if they can't dream.  It's called R.E.M. sleep, Rapid Eye Movement.  Without it, we can't function.  Ain't that some crap?  Plus, when you sleep, nothing in your body rests! Your heart still beats, your muscles still work, your body stil breathes.  Nothing rests, so that's not why we need it.  It has something to do with our mind getting clouded or something, I guess, maybe full of information? I dunno.  I think God put it in us to keep us in check, LOL.

NO matter HOW big, or how bad, or how important we think we are, look how funny it must be to god to look down on us, and we think we're all big and bad, but once a day, we have to go lie down on our side for several hours, and we don't even know why.  LOL.  Rediculous, hahaha.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2002, 02:37:34 PM »
Dreams are the reflection of your subconcious mind.  Like, during the day you do a lot of stuff, but the mind priortizes the stuff which you need immideate attention on[what ure boss says, your homework etc]  But a lot of things get picked up, subconciously, like what the ppl are gosspising bout at the end of the room etc.  Plus, you feel a ton of emotions all day, and try supressing a ton too[like tryin not to laugh at ure best friends new hairstyle, etc]
At the end of the day, when your sleeping, your subconcious tries to project these 'signals' to your concious mind, resulting in dreams.  So dreaming is the minds way of processing all of the information, and emotions it has recieved during the day, or supressed feelings/thoughts over time.  
So dreams pretty much reflect your inside, your soul, your deepest feelings, your deepest fears, ambitions, things you need to be aware of etc....
Pay attention to dreams, they can help you a lot, or make u face a side of yourself, you really dont wanna see....

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Quakaveli

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2002, 04:32:35 PM »
Yo man, whats wierd...I DONT DREAM ANYMORE! I mean I KNOW I have to dream and stuff...but when I wake up, I dont wake up from a dream, like I used to. When I wake up, I DONT REMEMBER ANY OF MY DREAMS Anymore...shit sucks man :'( ??? ??? ???

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2002, 04:48:36 PM »
dreams are cool, and yeah i think sometimes there are signs in them, for instance, i always dreamt me talkin to this one chick really simple, you know, and she opened up, but in reality i was always scurred to talk to her, and one day i said whatever, i might as well, and she did open up, not as exagerated as in the dream, but it was more like reality. but sometimes you have some real fucked up dreams, i dunno what those are about, lol