Author Topic: Daz Dilly was on fire in 2006/So So Gangsta/Def era  (Read 538 times)

Will_B

Daz Dilly was on fire in 2006/So So Gangsta/Def era
« on: August 07, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8)

StevenQBosell

Re: Daz Dilly was on fire in 2006/So So Gangsta/Def era
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8)

I always liked So So Gangsta, too bad J.D. didn't promote the shit like he should have, not even a Ross fan, but that song is banging

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »
Ehh that era of Daz was real...so so  ;D

I miss "This is the Life I Lead" era Daz. When Kurupt left he sounded angry, grimey, like he had something to prove.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »
I liked his so so def album and style during that time period.  That was his hottest beats in awhile.

theremedy360

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »
The production was on point but Daz just seemed really lazy lyrically, then again, I've never been a huge Daz fan.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »
Daz is dope when hes mad..dpgc u know
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

EFFeX

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8)

I always liked So So Gangsta, too bad J.D. didn't promote the shit like he should have, not even a Ross fan, but that song is banging

It was a great album.

If he included some of the left-overs it would have been ever better.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:51:27 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8)

It was a great album.

I think that's part of the beef Daz has with JD. JD insisted it was going to be a 12 track album and Daz wanted to put more tracks on it.. in particular Boyz In Da Hood with Nate Dogg and the OG Blaze Up The Weed with Redman on it.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

Mietek23

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 02:01:02 AM »

It was a great album.

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 02:17:07 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LEUJF_sN8tc&amp;amp" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LEUJF_sN8tc&amp;amp</a>
''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

Matty

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 03:50:29 AM »
didn't really feel the album but some good tracks from this era from daz. definitely the track with nate as mentioned. others i liked:

'money on my mind' feat. kurupt (very dope scott storch beat, sick bassline, easily the best track off the so so LP)
'r u single' (leftover, funkin!)
'party people'
'git drunk' (to a lesser extent)

Pgb

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 06:43:11 AM »
On Some Real Shit is the only track of the album that I'm not feeling. It just doesn't fit the rest of the album. Rest of the production is banging. And Same Day Different Shit has banging production too.

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 08:21:30 AM »
I really like his So So Gangsta LP and didn't understand that some users really trashed the album back then. It's a solid album with great production and some different style of tracks.

The tracks I am really feeling are "Money On My Mind", "DPG Fo' Life" and the Ice Cube part of "Strizap" - great when he speeds up his flow.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 09:20:51 AM »
Id say from when Daz left Death Row until he left So So Def he was on fire with his solo career. RAW was a great album then summer of 02 Life I Lead and was in constant rotation, I Got Love In Deez Streets EP, then the next summer DPGC... U Know What Im Throwin Up was in constant play, He was on So So Def for a while, I remember hearing "Boyz In The Hood" with Nate Dogg on the radio a couple times. There was So So Def Daz mixtape released in 2004 it had some of the leftovers(boyz n the Hood, Blaze Up, the One Remix). Then after Dogg Pound Gangsta LP & Gangsta Crunk came out, All I Need was one of my fav singles in 05, the underground hip hop station we had played it quite a bit. So So Gangsta FINALLY dropped in Sept 06 (after Cali Iz Active). When this came out it was better than I had anticipated. The WHOLE album was dope, from start 2 finish ( i usually skip "badder than a mutha", "dangerous" & "the one" though). I was pumped about Strizap too, Daz & Cube had finally did a song together, something I wanted for years.

Anyway fav tracks:

Rat a Tat Tat
Strizap
All I Need
Dats Dat Nigga

Will_B

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 09:52:50 AM »
The One is a serious track!!! Props for Daz going deeper lyrically. 8)