Author Topic: Looks Like Dre Is Not On Ice Cube's I Am The West (Big Shock!!)  (Read 2808 times)

Matty

Re: Looks Like Dre Is Not On Ice Cube's I Am The West (Big Shock!!)
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 01:56:44 PM »
as long as the tracks produced by Quik and EA-Ski are still on here, it's well worth anticipating 8)

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »
Dre doesnt need JayZ or Lil Wayne to sell records at all.  He has Eminem is his back pocket, who is the highest selling rap artist out right now.  Not to mention fans are dying for more Dre/Snoop collabos and Detox being the most anticipated rap album EVER.  When the record comes out, it will sell HUGE numbers, regardless.

Now I still think its pretty weak Dre doesnt work with Cube, Snoop and other westcoast artist more often and prefers working with Jay-Z and Eminem.

Dre with Cube or Snoop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dre with Eminem or JayZ

all day any day

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
Can't return Ice Cube's phone calls? Shady and fake.

Not only the Eminem comment, but Cube also disses Wayne on that "I Rep The West" track.  If Dre decides to try again this decade and release Detox, he wants Lil Wayne and Jay-Z allover the album.  He can't sell the album on his own anymore, so he needs to load it up with Lil Wayne & Jay-Z to try to use their faces and talent to sell it for him.
shit as theory.. Dre can sell better than Wayne or Jay

He could 10 years ago. But the new generation of hip hop fans don't even know who Dre is.
bullshit, they do.. as long as they are actually rap fans, and not 'whats hot right now' fans.. Dre can sell 10x more than Jay or Wayne anytime he drop..

same situation was before '2001' dropped, ppl were sayin Dre lost in the game, famous quote sayin by Dre alot in those times that 'Dre fell off'.. nobody would think that he will drop anything good then.. and he dropped a clasic..

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »

Not only the Eminem comment, but Cube also disses Wayne on that "I Rep The West" track.  If Dre decides to try again this decade and release Detox, he wants Lil Wayne and Jay-Z allover the album.  He can't sell the album on his own anymore, so he needs to load it up with Lil Wayne & Jay-Z to try to use their faces and talent to sell it for him.

He could 10 years ago. But the new generation of hip hop fans don't even know who Dre is.

I think every new hip-hop fan knows and likes some of The Chronic and most of Chronic 2001 . People still bump Still D.R.E., Forgot About Dre etc. etc.

I think Detox will go 4 x plat at least..

EnzoUK

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 03:01:28 PM »
Propz to Cube for stickin to his date with or WITHOUT dre, least he stays true and he aint gonna pull a detox on us due to dre's lazy ass.

I'm happy hes keepin the date, album should be in the top 5 of 2010 for sure.
Twitter: @EnzoUK

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 03:28:24 PM »
we fans can be real bitches sometime, all of us self included, dre can take however much time he wants, and can work with anyone he wants,especially when he feels he has to get his master jimmy permission, he seen his uncle eric had jerry so dre finally got one of those jews to latch onto himself hahaha, dre doesn't want problems only if he's the one spit'n some ghostwritten lyrics about somebody he might have an issue with (ie the chronic "on a street knowledge mission, 2001 "speakin on reunions
Move units, then talk shit and we can do this") west coast fans need to stop succ'n fat dicc, here some music that you like roll with it,you ain't got to succ off an artist to dig music you know haha, cube album should be ight, and detox should be cool when it drops and i just hope my daughter won't be saying daddy would have liked this album if he had a chance to hear it yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 03:29:22 PM »
Lol just like I keep sayin Dre has lost his fire his passion.....it is over I'm done with dre period....he is a straight up mark and I. Know he looks on this forum.....hope you readin Dre ya old as wanna be rapper....you aren't really a producer either......cuz everyone has had some input on ur music u can't do it alone......I just flushed my respect for you you down the toilet with the biggest log of shit I could muster up!......try goin and slangin some wreckin cru's greatest hits cd's cuz ur respect points are fallin as fast as lebrons in cleveland ya better become roomates and figure out what the fuck you gon do. Andre. Biotch Young.....I better not see you on Rosecrans cuz I will tell u personally.......

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 04:14:07 PM »
Jay and wayne are wack...like poster said...snoop, dre, cube & rakim >>>dre,justin, timber, jay, em, wayne, game
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
dre can take however much time he wants

not when he's working on someone else's project, someone who is actually trying to make a deadline

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »

not when he's working on someone else's project, someone who is actually trying to make a deadline
i think Cube respect Dre enough that he could even delay an album for Dre to finish his work on it (according to interviews Cube speakin bout Dre)

EnzoUK

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »

i think Cube respect Dre enough that he could even delay an album for Dre to finish his work on it (according to interviews Cube speakin bout Dre)

id rather just cube release the album without dre, and we get the music when its due. dre's pushbacks are notorious
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 05:21:53 PM »

so you want I Am the West to end up like Detox? Lol.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »
Whether Dre has beats on it or not, I'm copping the album. Though the fact that we haven't heard Cube over a Dre beat in ten years is ridiculous. Now would've been a great time for them to cook something up together. I get the whole "working with new artists" thing that Dre is known for, but Justin Bieber, Rich Boy...instead of Ice Cube? Come on son.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 06:42:13 PM »

I think you're trippin' man, dre still has a huge buzz imo, at least for hip hop fans. All the eminem/game/50cent fans hear about dre in every albums. That's already alot of potential customers for detox.

The D.O.C and

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 07:44:21 PM »

I think you're trippin' man, dre still has a huge buzz imo, at least for hip hop fans. All the eminem/game/50cent fans hear about dre in every albums. That's already alot of potential customers for detox.

really? Go talk to your average teenager. They all know who Eminem is. Most of them don't know who Dre is. His album will only sell if it gets the proper push from the media channels.