Author Topic: Looks Like Dre Is Not On Ice Cube's I Am The West (Big Shock!!)  (Read 2809 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Looks Like Dre Is Not On Ice Cube's I Am The West (Big Shock!!)
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »
how hard is it? u jus say to dre give me a beat and send it whatever thru email or sutn but he lazy in doin that as well

On point. Although producing the vocal requires Dre to be in the studio with Cube, but even so that (should not) take more than 3-4 days, and I'm including the mixing process here.

I'm waiting for the Dr.Dre dickriders to justify this one, they always seem to have an answer for Dre's lack of involvement.
not a dre bill walton at all,but dre is a perfectionist to a fault, me personally i wouldn't want to fucc with the equal, just do yo own thang, one day the west will realize shit can be ill and move on without that equal yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2010, 12:59:59 PM »
Part bout cube sellin out true but dre was on ems album sn y not cubes? Who was there b4 em and jimmy?
there before doesn't mean shit, he also could look at it as "well cube walked out on me before when i was in nwa over business" so dre could look at it as does it make good business for his master jimmy iovine!, jimmy loves em remember hahaha, plus he probably ain't to happy about those lines cube put in the song and his feelings got hurt  :'( hahhaha i'm just saying BOX FOR LEADER! YELL
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »
one thing that is weird is ppl sayin Dre choose makin tracks with Justin Beiber, Lil Wayne over Cube, when nothin like that ever happened and has never been planned.. its ppl bein tired of waitin for detox sayn that it will have tracks like that anyway so its not worth waitin, that they wont be so pissed waitin for it.. its kinda sad

Sad? Maybe so, but if you look at it from a realistic point of view, Detox would sell much more copies if you have a lead singel with Justin Bieber over Ice Cube. So that sort of speculation is just as valid as people claiming Detox will be the best thing since butter on bread.

No it wouldn't. Do you honestly think Bieber's fans are going to be interested in a Dr. Dre album?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2010, 01:09:33 PM »
Let's be real, fellas; unless Dre has the most monster single we've seen in years; like up there with The Real Slim Shady, In Da Club, Candy Shop, A Millie, etc., he'd be lucky to sell a million.

If he can make some monster ass, classic, "go down in history" music, he'll do well; but like Rapsodie said, the average kid whose 13-16 (a huge amount of the album sales) don't know Dre well enough to go out & cop his album.
as if the average kid buys music

True, but I'd say a large amount of sales come from kids. If not then Wayne, Drake & Eminem wouldn't do as well as they do.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2010, 01:51:49 PM »
one thing that is weird is ppl sayin Dre choose makin tracks with Justin Beiber, Lil Wayne over Cube, when nothin like that ever happened and has never been planned.. its ppl bein tired of waitin for detox sayn that it will have tracks like that anyway so its not worth waitin, that they wont be so pissed waitin for it.. its kinda sad

Sad? Maybe so, but if you look at it from a realistic point of view, Detox would sell much more copies if you have a lead singel with Justin Bieber over Ice Cube. So that sort of speculation is just as valid as people claiming Detox will be the best thing since butter on bread.

No it wouldn't. Do you honestly think Bieber's fans are going to be interested in a Dr. Dre album?

If he was featured on a singel- without a doubt.

PLANT

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2010, 01:53:56 PM »
youre a fool if you dont think detox is going to sell millions

it has more potential than any other album to potentially be the biggest album of all time.  its got more hype behind it than the 2010 miami heat. nobody knows how good the heat are gona be this year, but you know damn well they are gona sell out every game at home and on the road just based on hype alone.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:56:20 PM by PLANT »

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »

maybe 'sad' was a bad word, but u get my point..

No, i dont think a single with Bieber would go further than a one wit Cube, this fact matters only for the real rap fans, couse they want to get somethin/someone real.. so in that point single wit Cube would be better.. but for the ones that follow 'whats hot right now' it wouldnt matter.. im sure Dre would bring somethin really dope that many ppl would follow it would be mainstream and dope, so fans of Bieber or Wayne right now, would go for Dre, since his music would probably hit to em too.. its not like fans of Bieber will be with him for long time, since hes just one season artist..

kuruptDPG

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »
i think dre wants to leave free-masonry and they've basicaly said to him, u aint releasing an album or we leak gay pics of you or sutn with jerry heller, lol kidn

anyways back to the topic...bring on i am the west, as long as e-a-ski and jinx are on it then thats enough for me

bgtre

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2010, 02:23:08 PM »
Who gives a fuck if it sells or not ? there's plenty of dope shit out there right now that aint selling, and dr.dre wont make ice cubes album. Ice Cube targets his fan base and thats who he does music for, and its done for the love of hip hop, and you better believe cube showed up lyricaly, you cant tell me that shit with jay z was tight< cube would murder a Dre track, But its cool cause Sir Jinx got production on this one thats who you better look out for!!

The Predator

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2010, 02:29:38 PM »
Another slap in the face for us old N.W.A fans.

The next news will be Ice Cube will not be featured on Detox.

Bravo, Dre just bravo.

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2010, 02:58:44 PM »
Let's be real, fellas; unless Dre has the most monster single we've seen in years; like up there with The Real Slim Shady, In Da Club, Candy Shop, A Millie, etc., he'd be lucky to sell a million.

If he can make some monster ass, classic, "go down in history" music, he'll do well; but like Rapsodie said, the average kid whose 13-16 (a huge amount of the album sales) don't know Dre well enough to go out & cop his album.
as if the average kid buys music

True, but I'd say a large amount of sales come from kids. If not then Wayne, Drake & Eminem wouldn't do as well as they do.

Kids just download albums nowadays.
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »
Who gives a fuck if it sells or not ? there's plenty of dope shit out there right now that aint selling, and dr.dre wont make ice cubes album. Ice Cube targets his fan base and thats who he does music for, and its done for the love of hip hop, and you better believe cube showed up lyricaly, you cant tell me that shit with jay z was tight< cube would murder a Dre track, But its cool cause Sir Jinx got production on this one thats who you better look out for!!

thank you!
besides cube and jinx/pooh/boogiemen>>>>>cube and dre.....

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »

thank you!
besides cube and jinx/pooh/boogiemen>>>>>cube and dre.....

I think it would be really interesting to hear both. Ice Cube got a lot of great history with all the producers mentioned in the post above, but when it comes to Dr.Dre and Ice Cube... I mean, N.W.A will (and have) gone done in history as one of the greatest hip hop groups of all time, so of course alot of fans would love to hear the old legends on the same track (rapping and producing respectively).

But a slap in the face is just a common factor when it comes to looking out for new Dr.Dre music these days. I say, bring on "I am the west" ASAP. I need some good new westcoast shit to bump!

love33

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 10:44:25 PM »
This album without a doubt is bein coached by the upper elite white executives at the Interscope building which include their leader Jimmy Iovine.  If it drops, don't expect to see a fresh crop of new faces like when Dre unleashed Snoop on "The Chronic" and Hittman on "Dr. Dre 2001."  This is going to be a roster of the who's who in 2010 Allstar lineup which includes picking vocals from Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Rhiana, Drake, Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Usher, Will.i.am, The Dream, Akon, and T.I.  The executives' way of a Dre imprint is throwing 50 Cent or Eminem on there, a Snoop track, and if we're really lucky The Game will get a small verse or a hook.

This is the same company who dropped Busta because his tracks weren't commercial enough on his last album and he did cuts with the top faces including Wayne at the time.  This is the same people who wouldn't release Bishop Lamont or Rakim.  It's already a done deal, if the album gets released, it's going to use MTV as an outlet to re-promote the 'Dre brand' through half hour specials, classic videos, interviews, and Detox previews.  Then ship one single out to the radio with Jay-Z or a different big name on it to get Dre's name back out there.

Expect to see something like Jay-Z on the first single, 50 Cent on the second single, and Eminem or Wayne on the third to push the sales.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a crossover artist on there like a David Guetta on there as well.  Don't expect to see Dogg Pound, Xzibit, Cube, Warren G, DJ Quik, Bishop, Knoc, or any upstarts like featuring a lot of Eastwood, Young Keno, or Ya Boy.

This is why Pac was the greatest, because he could keep it homegrown and put anyone from Richie Rich to E-40 to Daz to Kadafi on the album and sell millions.  "All Eyez On Me" still withstands the hand of time as the greatest album ever recorded IMO.

And to end this discussion, if Dre was the Magic Johnson like some of y'all say, he wouldn't need this corporate all star team behind him to rebuild his image and pick out his guest appearances for him -- he would be the one doing it.  Drop a double album and keep it mostly West if you're the GOAT.  It wouldn't matter who he put on there as long as it was good music.  "I don't get dropped by the label, I drop the label."

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2010, 12:04:35 AM »
Although the "detox" album has a lot of hype, people are forgetting that it's too easy to download an album now for the average person.

It will sell great, don't get me wrong - but i'm not expecting some Michael Jackson Thriller shit in this day and age. Dre will see a lot of sales lost through piracy, and each day he delays it and tries to "perfect" it, it's getting easier and easier to pirate songs.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.