Author Topic: Another Stupid Urban Legend... That Somehow Not Buying Diamonds Will Help Africa  (Read 1303 times)

LONDON!!

I just heard it in a Nas song today.  Something about, "I don't buy the diamonds they steal from Africa."  And then these black nationalists that want to perpetrate myths, telling some dude off who has diamonds in his chain or on a ring or something that he is somehow fueling war in Africa and that that diamond comes at the expense of Africans being killed for it.  This is a stupid as myth.  For this myth to work, you would basically have to have the evil white man somehow going into Africa and killing these Africans and taking their diamonds, which I'm sure makes sense to them, but it's not reality.

The real situation is that African's in the region are extremely poor.  Diamond mining in a place like Sierra Leone is a job for these people, many whom would not have any job if it wasn't for the diamond trade.  Yet because Sierra Leonne doesn't have a stable government, turf wars have developed in the past over the mining of these diamonds.  But to stop buying diamonds from there is to throw the baby out with the bath water.  Because even if you bought the diamonds that were approved by the government and stayed away from the so-called "blood diamonds" you are not helping Africans.  Because, for many of these Africans the only way they can make money and mine the diamonds is if they do it on the black market, otherwise the government can have them arrested and say they are unlicensed or take the diamonds and not crediting them with the original discovery of the diamond.

i know you are a brother thats on a level and all that, but i think your getting certain truths mixed up, the diamond trade in the past that was connected to wars and beefs in certain country's in the motherland, were blood diamonds, they were connected to misery and pain, because of this trade, it wasn't giving anyone jobs, it was fuelling beefs and mass murder's all across africa and the system was the root of this, witout them, no diamonds would be sold in exchanged for guns and so on and so on

other than certain parts of congo right now, theirs no real wars or beefs thats going on because of the diamond trade in africa right now, but the system linked company's still controls this trade at the root and top and you must be joking if you think those brothers working in the frontlines in those mines would call the pittance they get money or a job, its the heads at the top of clicks that get the real money and the system linked companies that mint off the most off sweatshop labour there sitting behind there comftable desks behind somewhere in comftable somewheresville just collecting there checks

but me personally, other than conflict diamonds, i don't have a problem wit brothers and sisters working hard and playing hard, enjoying there fruits of labour, getting there floss on, blinging a little, you see what i'm saying, i love to see stand up brothers and sisters do there thing enjoying themselves, no frontman, if you fantazize about the streets and glamourize it but you don't have stripes in anyway, shape or form or don't rep it in anyway, shape or form, the streets will see you as food out here, poverty is a crime, it ain't music or a movie, human being brothers is hungry out here, truss me on that, rags(crazy) like, you get me, i mean i ain't a gangsta or anything like that, but i wanted to bling way back in the day, but moved off that shit after i learnt about the history of the diamond trade and like i said before, i ain't a gangsta, you've got to have stripes out here dawg, to bling, you get what i'm saying, at least in your own ends(hood, area) anyway, let alone other ends, because i ain't a punk or a wannabe, i play my position out here on a adult level, i'll show you that adult respect to human beings and expect that adult respect back, i ain't a gangsta, but i ain't a little kid neither, you get what i'm saying, i just appreciate my human being people thats stand up, doing there thing still, you get what i'm saying, theirs nuthin wrong wit that, so long as it ain't conflict diamonds and you know it ain't, whats the big deal

nice post, but you have to ask yourself, why were these Africans killing each other over diamonds?  Because it was their MOST valuable trade and commodity, obviously!  So if people stopped buying diamonds, then you are only destroying the value of their most important resource.

Let's imagine that all the sudden, they found Oil in Haiti.  And let's say that many poor Haitians were selling this oil on the black market and finally making some serious money for the first time in their lives, but then let's say there was a struggle for power and control over the oil, like a struggle between some gangs, militia, and a corrupt government.  Yet all the sudden, everyone just stopped buying oil from Haiti, do you think that would make Haitians happy?  Cutting off the demand for their #1 resource? 

the system through colonialism and neo colianilism & imperialism through divide and rule tactics to control the resources is the roots of most beefs in the motherland in the first place, there the root and cause, if the trade was done in a more structured format that benefited the whole society in whichever country in the motherland, where everybody eats, then it wouldn't be a problem, but the system dosen't want that or cares about, theirs usually other overlapping issues thats usually got to do wit other imperialist related issues, that also keep's the system insuring that the status quo is kept, like in congo for example, if the wanted heads to really make money, they would find a better way, but they won't, because the system dosen't practice capatilism, it practices undecover fashistism wit an imperialist and population control(eugenics) agenda
"get this money by any means nessassary"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I just heard it in a Nas song today.  Something about, "I don't buy the diamonds they steal from Africa."  And then these black nationalists that want to perpetrate myths, telling some dude off who has diamonds in his chain or on a ring or something that he is somehow fueling war in Africa and that that diamond comes at the expense of Africans being killed for it.  This is a stupid as myth.  For this myth to work, you would basically have to have the evil white man somehow going into Africa and killing these Africans and taking their diamonds, which I'm sure makes sense to them, but it's not reality.

The real situation is that African's in the region are extremely poor.  Diamond mining in a place like Sierra Leone is a job for these people, many whom would not have any job if it wasn't for the diamond trade.  Yet because Sierra Leonne doesn't have a stable government, turf wars have developed in the past over the mining of these diamonds.  But to stop buying diamonds from there is to throw the baby out with the bath water.  Because even if you bought the diamonds that were approved by the government and stayed away from the so-called "blood diamonds" you are not helping Africans.  Because, for many of these Africans the only way they can make money and mine the diamonds is if they do it on the black market, otherwise the government can have them arrested and say they are unlicensed or take the diamonds and not crediting them with the original discovery of the diamond.

i know you are a brother thats on a level and all that, but i think your getting certain truths mixed up, the diamond trade in the past that was connected to wars and beefs in certain country's in the motherland, were blood diamonds, they were connected to misery and pain, because of this trade, it wasn't giving anyone jobs, it was fuelling beefs and mass murder's all across africa and the system was the root of this, witout them, no diamonds would be sold in exchanged for guns and so on and so on

other than certain parts of congo right now, theirs no real wars or beefs thats going on because of the diamond trade in africa right now, but the system linked company's still controls this trade at the root and top and you must be joking if you think those brothers working in the frontlines in those mines would call the pittance they get money or a job, its the heads at the top of clicks that get the real money and the system linked companies that mint off the most off sweatshop labour there sitting behind there comftable desks behind somewhere in comftable somewheresville just collecting there checks

but me personally, other than conflict diamonds, i don't have a problem wit brothers and sisters working hard and playing hard, enjoying there fruits of labour, getting there floss on, blinging a little, you see what i'm saying, i love to see stand up brothers and sisters do there thing enjoying themselves, no frontman, if you fantazize about the streets and glamourize it but you don't have stripes in anyway, shape or form or don't rep it in anyway, shape or form, the streets will see you as food out here, poverty is a crime, it ain't music or a movie, human being brothers is hungry out here, truss me on that, rags(crazy) like, you get me, i mean i ain't a gangsta or anything like that, but i wanted to bling way back in the day, but moved off that shit after i learnt about the history of the diamond trade and like i said before, i ain't a gangsta, you've got to have stripes out here dawg, to bling, you get what i'm saying, at least in your own ends(hood, area) anyway, let alone other ends, because i ain't a punk or a wannabe, i play my position out here on a adult level, i'll show you that adult respect to human beings and expect that adult respect back, i ain't a gangsta, but i ain't a little kid neither, you get what i'm saying, i just appreciate my human being people thats stand up, doing there thing still, you get what i'm saying, theirs nuthin wrong wit that, so long as it ain't conflict diamonds and you know it ain't, whats the big deal

nice post, but you have to ask yourself, why were these Africans killing each other over diamonds?  Because it was their MOST valuable trade and commodity, obviously!  So if people stopped buying diamonds, then you are only destroying the value of their most important resource.

Let's imagine that all the sudden, they found Oil in Haiti.  And let's say that many poor Haitians were selling this oil on the black market and finally making some serious money for the first time in their lives, but then let's say there was a struggle for power and control over the oil, like a struggle between some gangs, militia, and a corrupt government.  Yet all the sudden, everyone just stopped buying oil from Haiti, do you think that would make Haitians happy?  Cutting off the demand for their #1 resource? 

the system through colonialism and neo colianilism & imperialism through divide and rule tactics to control the resources is the roots of most beefs in the motherland in the first place, there the root and cause, if the trade was done in a more structured format that benefited the whole society in whichever country in the motherland, where everybody eats, then it wouldn't be a problem, but the system dosen't want that or cares about, theirs usually other overlapping issues thats usually got to do wit other imperialist related issues, that also keep's the system insuring that the status quo is kept, like in congo for example, if the wanted heads to really make money, they would find a better way, but they won't, because the system dosen't practice capatilism, it practices undecover fashistism wit an imperialist and population control(eugenics) agenda

So what exactly are you saying then brother, so because colonialism exists we should stop buying products that come from Africa?

Like I said, that is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I only researched the situation as it is in Sierra Leone, not the Congo.  But I imagine it is somewhat similar.

So imagine if you were an African there with no money and you dug and dug for many months, or risked your life diving in rivers for diamonds, and you finally found one, but suddenly you couldnt sell it for anything because you were told worldwide demand had gone down for diamonds due to pressure from black-nationalist myth-makers and dumbasses like Kanye West?

I'll tell you an entertainer who is making a real difference, and that is Akon.  Him being African and having a more clear understanding of the situation hes actually used his money to start a mining business in South Africa, and employing black Africans.  So that when you buy a diamond from his company you know it is going to support indigenous Africans.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LONDON!!

So what exactly are you saying then brother, so because colonialism exists we should stop buying products that come from Africa?

Like I said, that is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I only researched the situation as it is in Sierra Leone, not the Congo.  But I imagine it is somewhat similar.

So imagine if you were an African there with no money and you dug and dug for many months, or risked your life diving in rivers for diamonds, and you finally found one, but suddenly you couldnt sell it for anything because you were told worldwide demand had gone down for diamonds due to pressure from black-nationalist myth-makers and dumbasses like Kanye West?

I'll tell you an entertainer who is making a real difference, and that is Akon.  Him being African and having a more clear understanding of the situation hes actually used his money to start a mining business in South Africa, and employing black Africans.  So that when you buy a diamond from his company you know it is going to support indigenous Africans.

come on now fam, you read and quoted my first reply, i broke down already that i ain't got a problem wit human being brothers and sisters thats on a level, working hard and playing hard and enjoying the fruits of there labour and blinging, getting there floss on, wit non conflict diamonds, so long as they don't know its non conflict diamonds, then i ain't got a problem wit it, i love to see my people enjoy themselves, yes i do

i haven't got a problem wit akon owning a diamond mine bizness in south africa neither, its all official and 'everybody' in the operation is getting paid

i haven't got a problem wit my authentic pro b, black nationalists human being brothers and sisters thats totally against the diamond trade neither, they are totally right aswell, yes they are

all i was trying to make the point to you is brothaman, because i know you've lived in the motherland before and your on a level is that you need to be up on the whole picture of and full scope of how the diamond trade is run and who really controls it and the type of people that control it and the bigger and fuller picture of the economic and political situation and history of countrys in the motherland that have large resources

to make a point about the brothers on the frontlines of most diamond operations making 'real' money or being there only way to make 'real' money, is not really knowing the full picture of the economic and political mess that a lot of our brothers an sisters are in over there due to historic reasons going back to colonialism and the system run wordwide imperialist system in place now, you get what i'm saying fam

i mean i was over in z(zambia) in 96 to 97 and i was living in a housing compound(projects, shanti town or whatever) one time and they was certain brothers from the compound that used to go get diamonds illegally from acoss the border in congo, because at the time i was living in a city near the border between z and congo and these brothers use to go over that sides of things to get them diamonds to fund there shit, you see what i'm saying, so i ain't oblivious to whats going on, or hating on that aspect, just trying to help you overstand the whole picture, of the whole political, economic situation and history, you get what i'm saying fam

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Ive completely stopped buying strawberries. The illegal immigrants down here will thank me later.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Anunikke

Africa should just focus on a national economy before trading with the rest of the world

LONDON!!

Africa should just focus on a national economy before trading with the rest of the world

your right, the motherland should focus on national local economy's first, but theirs nuthin wrong wit trading wit the rest of the world so long as the natural resources traded benefits the local country's aswell in the motherland on an above board, widespread manner

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

come on now fam, you read and quoted my first reply, i broke down already that i ain't got a problem wit human being brothers and sisters thats on a level, working hard and playing hard and enjoying the fruits of there labour and blinging, getting there floss on, wit non conflict diamonds, so long as they don't know its non conflict diamonds, then i ain't got a problem wit it, i love to see my people enjoy themselves, yes i do

i haven't got a problem wit akon owning a diamond mine bizness in south africa neither, its all official and 'everybody' in the operation is getting paid

i haven't got a problem wit my authentic pro b, black nationalists human being brothers and sisters thats totally against the diamond trade neither, they are totally right aswell, yes they are

all i was trying to make the point to you is brothaman, because i know you've lived in the motherland before and your on a level is that you need to be up on the whole picture of and full scope of how the diamond trade is run and who really controls it and the type of people that control it and the bigger and fuller picture of the economic and political situation and history of countrys in the motherland that have large resources

to make a point about the brothers on the frontlines of most diamond operations making 'real' money or being there only way to make 'real' money, is not really knowing the full picture of the economic and political mess that a lot of our brothers an sisters are in over there due to historic reasons going back to colonialism and the system run wordwide imperialist system in place now, you get what i'm saying fam

i mean i was over in z(zambia) in 96 to 97 and i was living in a housing compound(projects, shanti town or whatever) one time and they was certain brothers from the compound that used to go get diamonds illegally from acoss the border in congo, because at the time i was living in a city near the border between z and congo and these brothers use to go over that sides of things to get them diamonds to fund there shit, you see what i'm saying, so i ain't oblivious to whats going on, or hating on that aspect, just trying to help you overstand the whole picture, of the whole political, economic situation and history, you get what i'm saying fam

word, yeah, I feel you brother, you sound like you are up on things man, good lookin out
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Ive completely stopped buying strawberries. The illegal immigrants down here will thank me later.

lol, exactly

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Really free trade should always be beneficial, just upon the fundamental principal that you only trade for something if you are getting back something of higher value then what you are giving (because otherwise you wouldn't trade).  

Just like if you buy a watch from me for $20, then you are saying that you value my watch more than the $20 dollars and if you didn't, you wouldn't make the trade.

Now it's possible that there are some other elements involved, and if you like, I would enjoy having a discussion about those elements.  Like some people say that in order to protect a particular industry, such as farming, that African nations should restrict themselves to their own national economy.  They don't want cheap agriculture goods to be available from foreign countries because they say that undermines their own farming industry.      

Anunikke

Really free trade should always be beneficial, just upon the fundamental principal that you only trade for something if you are getting back something of higher value then what you are giving (because otherwise you wouldn't trade).  

Just like if you buy a watch from me for $20, then you are saying that you value my watch more than the $20 dollars and if you didn't, you wouldn't make the trade.

Now it's possible that there are some other elements involved, and if you like, I would enjoy having a discussion about those elements.  Like some people say that in order to protect a particular industry, such as farming, that African nations should restrict themselves to their own national economy.  They don't want cheap agriculture goods to be available from foreign countries because they say that undermines their own farming industry.      
What's there to discuss, Western Nations sell products they would otherwise destroy cheaply to 3rd world countries.
Also don't forget the fact that the west forced these countries into an economy they didn't develop, the ruling countries taught them how to build 1 crop, they often still rely on this crop and the old colonial power for money.