Author Topic: DUBCNN: Crooked I Commences "Hip-Hop Weekly Reloaded" (HEAT! Mass Appeal)  (Read 1358 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Why do you people not understand anybody can throw a verse or 2 over somebody elses beat. It aint that hard, constructing your own songs, beat, hook, etc and constructing a whole album is a LOT more rewarding than a freestyle.

Sure its more rewarding whenever the quality is there.. most of the time the dopest shit is mixtape shit..

I think this will be dope. I would like to see an album though..

OG Hack Wilson

I'm in two minds about him doing this.  Whilst I thought the first hip-hop weekly series was absolutely amazing and one of the best things in hip-hop,  I feel that doing a second series will blight the memory of the first and borders on overkill.  You can have too much of a good thing and Crooked should try to avoid over-exposure and saturation.

That said I will check this out though.

His success doesn't bother me, as long as he keeps dropping dope music. This can only be a good thing. 8)

That being said... Crooked I killed this beat!

cosign

fuck the haters
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Why do you people not understand anybody can throw a verse or 2 over somebody elses beat. It aint that hard, constructing your own songs, beat, hook, etc and constructing a whole album is a LOT more rewarding than a freestyle.

Exactly.

OG Hack Wilson

Exactly.

Crooked does it better than 99% of the people he takes the beat from

with that said I prefer Crooked for his full songs like the Block Obama 2 EP, Pigface, Young Boss 2 and the 100-200 unreleased songs that have leaked.

HHW shit is still dope but I prefer hearing Crook outshine rappers on tracks like Scarface, the rest of SH, Raekwon, Mos Def, Kurupt, Snoop and everyone else he's worked with
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Portugoal

Exactly.

with that said I prefer Crooked for his full songs like the Block Obama 2 EP, Pigface, Young Boss 2 and the 100-200 unreleased songs that have leaked.

HHW shit is still dope but I prefer hearing Crook outshine rappers on tracks like Scarface, the rest of SH, Raekwon, Mos Def, Kurupt, Snoop and everyone else he's worked with

In fact: Crooked I is generally better on jacked beats than on original beats.

EFFeX

Crooked I is one of my top MC's but does this just mean it's going to be at least another year before a solo album ??? ??? ???

This series will bring you more new music than a solo album would. Don't complain.

New Music? He recycles other people's beats.

Wake me when this bum is able to release a track without jacking classic beats.

:sleep:

You must be retarded, because he's dropped plenty of project's with original beats.

BTW: Planet COB Vol. 1 drops next week!

blacky15

• Lil Geezy
thank god we got another hhw from crooked i...lets c how this one iz cuz the last one waz pretty dope

westsiderider323

damn crooked went hard

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor

Exactly.

lmao. You Crooked stans are really amusing. Like stated above, crooked has no idea how to compose songs (ok, rappers like Snoop are the same in this aspect, but he had Dre), all he can do is rap his 'freestyles' over a beat.
PS: And I do know that he has some legit songs. But you can't tell me he prefers  to release his 'freestyles' over the intenet for free for the rest of his 'career' instead of making some original music and sell it to a wider audience. Obviously, he  isn't able to create a decent album because he is nothing but a  mixtape rapper.
And please don't tell me he has no album yet only because of label politics :D

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:09:33 AM by still not decided »

Lunatic

:sleep:
Why so negative?

I like you two on here but stop bein so damn negative. This is a good thing.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LOLOL @ the haters; you WISH your favorite rapper could spit like that. :laugh:

Anyway, good shit Crooked I; give me 52 more. The first series could honestly not be done as well by ANY other rapper in the game. 8)

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
tiggght! good to see this series back!

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

str8 heat from crooked as usual  ;)

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
dope!

I think it would be a good idea to have the Horse Shoe Gang on some of the tracks in the coming weeks to get them a lil more exposure........Capone spitz HARD!

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  !!!!!!!!   ;D 8)

The D.O.C and