Author Topic: 3 straight bad albums from Eminem  (Read 931 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: 3 straight bad albums from Eminem
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 01:08:58 PM »
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it being a pop album (but Eminem is a HORRIBLE singer), I just don't classify it with SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show, etc. which are actual hard rap, hip-hop albums... slow ya roll homie  8)

and Drake, Eminem, Kanye West, Jay-Z, etc. are still rappers but are also POP as in "popular music", even 50 was at one time  ;)
50 still is. Generally speaking, any rap artist that has crossed over is "pop". That means Tupac, Eminem, Jay-Z, The Game, etc. There is bubblegum pop like N'Sync and Justin Bieber and there is "popular culture" which could mean anything from Twilight to fucking Scarface (the Pacino movie, not the rapper). If you've got a fucking poster at Wal-Mart, you're pop. In rap, it's kind of a bad word because it tends to signify "acceptance by the masses" but I don't view it as a basis of musical content at all.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it being a pop album (but Eminem is a HORRIBLE singer), I just don't classify it with SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show, etc. which are actual hard rap, hip-hop albums... slow ya roll homie  8)

and Drake, Eminem, Kanye West, Jay-Z, etc. are still rappers but are also POP as in "popular music", even 50 was at one time  ;)
50 still is. Generally speaking, any rap artist that has crossed over is "pop". That means Tupac, Eminem, Jay-Z, The Game, etc. There is bubblegum pop like N'Sync and Justin Bieber and there is "popular culture" which could mean anything from Twilight to fucking Scarface (the Pacino movie, not the rapper). If you've got a fucking poster at Wal-Mart, you're pop. In rap, it's kind of a bad word because it tends to signify "acceptance by the masses" but I don't view it as a basis of musical content at all.

But what makes a song a "pop" song? If you throw a bitch on the hook? Does that automatically make it pop? It's still got the 16 bars in every verse.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
What makes anything "pop"? Mainstream acceptance. I think the word "pop" when it comes to hip-hop audiences is more a derogiatory slang than literal definition. When rap fans use the word "pop", they are talking about the sound as if to say, it's a blatantly softer sided attempt to cater to a more mainstream crowd. But anything can be "pop" if enough people like it. Example: As I mentioned, Scarface is just as "pop" as Twilight or Star Wars. They sell the T-shirts everywhere. 14-year-old kids have the poster up on their bedroom walls. Yes, it's about a Cuban immigrant that murders people on his way up the drug-dealing ladder in Miami but it's become so universally accepted that people from every region and way of life know it. It's not about the content itself but the following it has generated. Like I said in my other reply, you want to know who and what is "pop"? Go to Wal-Mart or Target and flip threw the poster rack.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »
When u singin that much its pop
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

theremedy360

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 04:58:33 PM »
Encore- Shit minus 3 or 4 songs

Relapse- Rhyming was solid, but that fuckin accent ruined it and some of the content was pretty damn lame

Recovery- Much better than the last two but it annoys me how damn near every song is crying about some girl that broke his heart

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »
Its not thats its bad its that its so goddamn depressing.....

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 07:40:42 AM »
And 2 million people want 2 hear him sing n cry?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 07:53:06 AM »
Encore had a handful of good tracks but overall was a poor effort, Relapse we don't even need to discuss again how wack the accent was on almost every song, and Recovery is not a hip hop album it is a pop album (that I can say is decent for what it is, better than Drake's)
I hate when people call a rap album "pop" cuz of a few hooks with singers on it...fuck outta here

N'sync= pop

eminem= rap

theres a huge fuckin difference between pop and rap
eminem = pop, there's no way around it.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 11:44:04 AM »

I think it's a really good album, what is sad is when people wait for others to give their verdict on something before they can then express theirs. I am not just talking about Eminem, I am talking about anything, indeed you see it to, their opinion fluctuating wildly as others give their points of view.

How can people hate on

Going Through Changes
Not Afraid
No Love
Here We Go
Love The Way You Lie
Talking 2 Myself
Space Bound
25 To Life
Almost Famous

Is frankly beyond me WTG is a cool song to, as is Cinderella Man and Seduction
I think the production does have a more pop vibe to it, but I still really like it, it's too bad that some of you don't, but do you really have to keep saying it? I think most people get it by now, most of you don't like it.
As for the insistence that if you like this you are a stan, i ;D then whatever makes you happy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 12:24:54 PM »
How can people hate on

Going Through Changes
Not Afraid
No Love
Here We Go
Love The Way You Lie
Talking 2 Myself
Space Bound
25 To Life
Almost Famous

Because it's Eminem & he likely gets more shine than other people's favorite rapper; therefore there is hate & therefore we have to listen to it lol.

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »
How can people hate on

Going Through Changes
Not Afraid
No Love
Here We Go
Love The Way You Lie
Talking 2 Myself
Space Bound
25 To Life
Almost Famous

I liked all of these songs, except "Going Through Changes" does sound too "Deja Vu Pt II"  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »
^Really? "Spacebound" & "25 To Life" could be my two favorite songs lol.

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 01:31:12 PM »
^Really? "Spacebound" & "25 To Life" could be my two favorite songs lol.

I don't hate or dislike those songs personally, just couldn't really get into them  :-\

PLANT

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 01:45:31 PM »
He's actually gotten progressively better with the last three albums.
Agreed. I'm really enjoying "Recovery".

westside159

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
3 very good albums and 3 soft and offbeat albums

sslp
mmlp
eminem show 

the rest are average and not much replay value
encore
relapse
recovery