Author Topic: 3 straight bad albums from Eminem  (Read 937 times)

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: 3 straight bad albums from Eminem
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 11:34:18 AM »
1. The Slim Shady LP (4˝ mics)
2. The Marshall Mathers LP (4˝ mics)
3. Relapse (4˝ mics)
4. The Eminem Show (4 mics)
5. Recovery (3˝ mics)
6. Encore (3˝ mics)
7. Infinite (2 mics - sorry, I thought this was terrible. Wack beats, Eminem sounding like AZ and Nas, whiney voice).

Encore is much better than its reputation. Granted it was easily his worst album when it dropped and it was preceeded by his worst ever single - Just Lose It. But that album had some mad creative tracks. Even a track like "My First Single" which is godawful in many ways, has got some ridiculous rapping on it. Same could be said for songs like "Rain Man" and "Big Weenie". Stupid tracks in many ways, but really fucking creative. I enjoyed that shit. Then you also had some tight shit like "Encore", "Yellow Brick Road", etc. So while I readily admit that the album is hard to listen to and has some truly wack shit, it is definitely better than its reputation and in many ways deserve more praise that your regular safe gangsta rap album that just sounds like every other albums.

Relapse is much better than its reputation. Once you get over the insanely annoying accents, that shit had great beats, insane flows (arguably best flow album of all time) and lots of creativity too. What other songs out there sound like "Stay Wide Awake", "Underground", "Same Old Song And Dance". What other song has the incredible flow of "Insane"? I think Relapse is easily amongst Eminems best albums. Had he dropped the accent it might have been his very best.

Recovery is overrated, IMO. People rightfully applauded the fact that he lost the accent, but the material itself generally wasn't even close to Relapse, IMO. Far too many skippable tracks and while the Rihanna track has blown up in a major way, I personally find it tedious and insubstantial. However, there are awesome highlights which prove that Eminem skillwise is unfuckwithable. "No Love" being the prime suspect here.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 12:00:45 PM »
That's sad, how is that possible?...he fell off hard

how come Michael Jordan didn't win a championship with the Wizards?  I mean.. you can't be great forever (unless you die on top like 2pac then you are a legend and live forever in greatness, but that's another subject) 

See, the all-time greats have a destiny to fulfill, and Eminem kept reaching for it until finally with the 8 Mile movie/soundtrack he hit the ceiling with "Lose Yourself".  He had told his story to the whole world, came from nothing and risen to the top.  He had nothing left to do after that, but slowly fall off and "grow a beard/ get wierd/ and disapear into the mountains/... and "say goodbye to hollywood" (as he had previously prophecized   
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
Damn first person i read say somethin bad bout infinite...is that a real album?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 01:46:06 PM »
Im really enjoying recovery def think its better than encore and relapse although both had some really dope tracks on them

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 06:31:44 AM »
Damn first person i read say somethin bad bout infinite...is that a real album?
yeah, only a small amount was pressed

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 07:42:33 AM »
Encore- Shit minus 3 or 4 songs

Relapse- Rhyming was solid, but that fuckin accent ruined it and some of the content was pretty damn lame

Recovery- Much better than the last two but it annoys me how damn near every song is crying about some girl that broke his heart

You need to listen closer man, what you talking about? i dont recal many songs at all about a girl breaking his heart, you do realise that there is two songs where he is talking about Proof and one song he is talking about hip hop, not an actual female??
 Off the top only song i recal talking about chicks the whole song is the second single?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:52:17 PM by KrazySumwhat »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »
Well anyone got a official cover(s) 4 infinite then? always thought this was a demo not a retail cd
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

EAZY-LI

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 06:08:52 AM »

how is this wack?
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 06:22:57 AM »
Well anyone got a official cover(s) 4 infinite then? always thought this was a demo not a retail cd
it's a black cover, use google

Leggy Hendrix

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »
Good lookin...ima check this out...i have a copy of the bizarre ep so ima c if i can add this 2 the collection
Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 11:57:41 AM »
Good lookin...ima check this out...i have a copy of the bizarre ep so ima c if i can add this 2 the collection
i thought you didn't like Eminem? why collect it then?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
MMLP, SSLP = classics
The Eminem Show = near classic
Infinite = great album
Recovery, Relapse = average albums; but definitely bumpable
Encore = a little worse, but still has it's moments.

Overall: One of the greats.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »
average? i thought you enjoyed those albums

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 01:06:43 PM »
average? i thought you enjoyed those albums

I did like them; Recovery & Relapse are like 7/10's for me.

I can bump them a little more than the average guy because I'm a Shady fan; but they lost replay value, most of the songs were solid, but nothing real standout.

I can still bump his first two albums anyday, anytime, anywhere.