Author Topic: Obama ends his own presidency  (Read 1856 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Obama ends his own presidency
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:58:16 PM »
In January 2013, when we are swearing in President Sarah Palin, this will be the moment that marks that change.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/13/obama.islamic.center.support/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Obama throws support behind controversial Islamic center

Washington (CNN) -- President Obama threw his support behind a controversial proposal to build an Islamic center and mosque near New York's ground zero, saying Friday that "Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country."

"That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances," Obama said at a White House Iftar dinner celebrating the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

The president's remarks drew praise from New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who announced his support for the Islamic center last week.

Bloomberg compared Obama's speech to a letter President George Washington wrote in support of a Jewish congregation in Newport, Rhode Island. "President Obama's words tonight evoked President Washington's own August reminder that 'all possess alike liberty,' " Bloomberg said in a statement.

"I applaud President Obama's clarion defense of the freedom of religion tonight," he said.

Obama, who said he was speaking both as a citizen and as president, invoked the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, which critics of the Islamic center cite as the main reason for preventing its construction.

"We must all recognize and respect the sensitivities surrounding the development of lower Manhattan," Obama said, according to his prepared remarks. "The 9/11 attacks were a deeply traumatic event for our country."

"The pain and suffering experienced by those who lost loved ones is unimaginable," he continued. "So I understand the emotions that this issue engenders. Ground Zero is, indeed, hallowed ground."

But Obama argued that American ideals and the Constitution demanded that the project proceed.

"This is America, and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakable," he said. "The principle that people of all faiths are welcome in this country, and will not be treated differently by their government, is essential to who we are. The writ of our Founders must endure."

The proposed Islamic center has provoked vocal opposition from some families of 9/11 victims and other groups. Nearly 70 percent of Americans oppose the plan, according to CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll released Wednesday.

The project's leaders say they plan to build the $100 million, 13-story facility called Cordoba House three blocks from the site of the 9/11 attacks. The developer, Sharif El-Gamal, describes the project as an "Islamic community center" that will include a 500-seat performing arts center, a lecture hall, a swimming pool, a gym, a culinary school, a restaurant and a prayer space for Muslims.

On Wednesday, the project's developers declined an offer by New York Gov. David Paterson to relocate the project to a state-owned site.

Earlier this month, the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission unanimously denied landmark status for the building where the proposed Islamic center would stand, allowing the project to move forward.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Obama ends his own presidency
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:13:33 PM »
Im sure racist fucks like Rush Limbaugh are already calling it Obama's Islamic Center.

I think he did the right thing in supporting the proposal, unfortunately in politics doing the right thing can hurt you.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »
WTF? He's supporting it citing religious freedom.

GOP needs to go read up on the 1st amendment. Of course, the average dumb fuck American will fill in the blanks on their own and believe Obama is leading a Islamic revolution.

SMH.....
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:43:45 PM »
you gotta be stupid to want to put a islamic center there lol. i can't wait to read the headlines "ISLAMIC CENTER MASSACRE..291 MUSLIMS DEAD". I will laugh like the joker.

Muhfukka

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 12:26:27 AM »
you gotta be stupid to want to put a islamic center there lol. i can't wait to read the headlines "ISLAMIC CENTER MASSACRE..291 MUSLIMS DEAD". I will laugh like the joker.
hahahaha

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 12:49:16 AM »
I agree. The fuckers are trying to push people's buttons with the issue. They put that nigga in a bad spot with that shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 01:18:29 AM »
MDogg, what your doing is using a logical fallacy, which is known as "appeal to consequences of action".

Nevermind whats right or wrong or constitutional.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Anunikke

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 05:29:48 AM »
Kind of interesting that over here the Christians & Muslims show each other a form of support when over in America they're sworn enemies.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 09:41:38 AM »
Im sure racist fucks like Rush Limbaugh are already calling it Obama's Islamic Center.

I think he did the right thing in supporting the proposal, unfortunately in politics doing the right thing can hurt you.

too true :(

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »
But at the same time a secret kill list enacted into law,, allowing the CIA to kill anyone, anywhere in the world, including american citizens, if they are deemed a "terrorist" making this the most tyrannical presidency ever seen, making bush like soft, is essentially hushed up, but that's okay, this story here is the outrage! not a secret assassination list of anyone who is a "danger to national security".
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:20:08 PM by virtuoso »

when it rains it pours

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »
this is a fucked up world we live, fuck those fucking terrorist ass niggas knowing damn well they can put that shit anywhere else but they wanna put near ground zero.

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 01:23:29 PM »
this is a fucked up world we live, fuck those fucking terrorist ass niggas knowing damn well they can put that shit anywhere else but they wanna put near ground zero.

you do understand that not everyone who worships Allah is a terrorist....just the same, not everyone who worships Jesus Christ is KKK?

I mean, if u worship any invisible man in the sky youre a lil bit insane. But you cant just keep ONE religion from building and allow others.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 01:27:17 PM »
But at the same time a secret kill list enacted into law,, allowing the CIA to kill anyone, anywhere in the world, including american citizens, if they are deemed a "terrorist" making this the most tyrannical presidency ever seen, making bush like soft, is essentially hushed up, but that's okay, this story here is the outrage! not a secret assassination list of anyone who is a "danger to national security".

lol

Maybe we should bring back the retard. If you dont think the CIA had the ability, and was willing to kill anyone it wanted to far before Obama got into office...I dont know what to tell you. lol

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »

lol

Maybe we should bring back the retard. If you dont think the CIA had the ability, and was willing to kill anyone it wanted to far before Obama got into office...I dont know what to tell you. lol

"Sigh"you are missing the point, first of all what difference does it make if he was retarded or not, he never ran shit, but secondly, by them solidifying this into law, they are brazenly announcing this power, yes, I am sure the CIA committed all sorts of murders prior to this, but they weren't given legal protection to do so. Yet despite announcing that the CIA have a right to kill anyone they wish to, and in turn announcing that americans have absolutely no rights, this is the big story.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 01:41:03 PM »

you do understand that not everyone who worships Allah is a terrorist....just the same, not everyone who worships Jesus Christ is KKK?

I mean, if u worship any invisible man in the sky youre a lil bit insane. But you cant just keep ONE religion from building and allow others.
networth my equal, i swear some americans just really don't get it,and this is the same country to said for years whites and blacc's marrying was against the law in several states, and lets not forget slavery,get off your high horse patriots haha, and when you say aww that stuff was a long time ago, so was the 9/11 in today's time, keep it networth yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp