Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound- 100 Wayz Discussion Thread  (Read 7818 times)

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tha Dogg Pound- 100 Wayz Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2010, 02:55:18 AM »
bumpin this album for some time now, really impressive, their best album in a long time, letting soopafly messin with the beats was a great move, dude is great

Yap i agree! This album got some bomb tracks on it. Its a great record. When i first heard Skyz the limit i instant knew that this mothafucka is gonna be slappin  8)

I luv how they flipped Its goin down. Spread tha Luv is my favorite track on the album!

The Pound stepped their game up and this release deserves to be supported. Fly cam thru with the production!! But on the real when i hear peeps sayin he better then Diggity Daz i only can shake my head  ::) Lets be realistic. Ok Daz fell off with the productions for whatever reasons but just check his files. Daz is a veteran in the game and one of the dopest producers ever. Both Daz and Soopa are dope on the productions but Daz is Jordan and Soopa is Pippen  ;) 8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2010, 06:25:48 AM »
Daz might have had more success but fly is better even now...so imo daz aint jordan
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
But on the real when i hear peeps sayin he better then Diggity Daz i only can shake my head  ::) Lets be realistic. Ok Daz fell off with the productions for whatever reasons but just check his files. Daz is a veteran in the game and one of the dopest producers ever. Both Daz and Soopa are dope on the productions but Daz is Jordan and Soopa is Pippen  ;) 8)

Daz has had some hits in the 90's for sure, but check the album notes!  95% of them say co produced by soopafly or soopafly on the keys, etc, etc.  Daz's greatest album ever was Revenge Retaliation and Get Back.  Soopafly co produced over half of it!  But check Soopafly's discography, the man does it all by himself!  I will not dis Daz cause soopafly told me not to, and i do like Daz's work, but he needs Soopafly to be great, w/o him, he's just good.  Soopafly is great and beyond great all by himself.  He's good with Daz too, but he doesn't need him.

Muhfukka

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2010, 12:30:17 PM »
  I will not dis Daz cause soopafly told me not to
hahahahahaha

Blood$

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »
1. Intro - N/A. Good Intro though. RBX got that "imma talk on this intro" type of voice lol.
2. All You - 3.75/5. Beat is hot. Kurupt spit well on here. Cool opening track.
3. Dogg Pound Gangstaz - 3.75/5. Beat is fire again. Kurupt spits cool again. Another cool album cut.

4. Anotha' Clip - 4.25/5. This beat is fucking fire. Daz spit here. Soopafly spit amazing! Dunno why RBX just talked instead of rapping again. As I expected, Kurupt ripped this shit!
5. Skyz' Tha' Limit - 3.75/5. Beat is different. Kurupt sounds great on it though. Daz is cool here too. Another cool cut, nothing more, nothing less.
6. Gotta' Let you Know - 4.5/5. Has a very old school beat feel to it. Great hook! This is a real song right here.

7. Good Pussy - 1.5/5. Beat is ok. Hook is annoying. Don't like the first verse. Not my cup of tea.
8. Cheatn Ass Lover - 4.5/5. This shit is tight. Kurupt sounds great on it. Dru Down was cool. Great to hear Nate Dogg. We all miss him of course.
9. Smelln Like Brand New Money - 4/5. More of a southern feel. Hook is alright. Mac Shawn fits this. Kurupt fit it better than I thought he would. Daz cool here too!

10. I Fears No One - 4.25/5. God dammit this is a Kurupt verse!  :o  Beat is tight too. Daz ripped it too. Real west coast lyrical shit right here.
11. I Don't Care - 4.25/5. Real old school feel to it again. Scratches and all. Beat is tight and Kurupt rips it apart. Lady Rage ain't lost a single step! not one bit. Crazy ass song.
12. Do U Drank - 4/5.  Cool sample choice. Beat bangs like a muthafucka. A pure west coast club banger right here.

13. Fly Azz' Fucc' - 3.75/5. Beat bangs again. Daz verse ain't bad. Snoop sounded tight on it. Rage with the cool hook; wish she had another fire verse. Kurupt was cool too.
14. Crazy 'N' Tha' Club - 2.75/5. Not really feeling it.
15. Spread Tha' Luv' - 4/5. Fits Butch Cassidy perfectly. Smooth shit. Lol at the Andre Rison line. Laytoiya Williams on the background vocals. Real music. Celly Cel great verse.

16. Otha' Side of Town - 4/5. Good Kurupt verse. Great hook! A Toked Smoke is tight. Nice Daz verse too. Great cut.
17. 100 Wayz - 4.25/5. Great beat. Amazing hook. The perfect album closer.

Overall: 8/10

Great album! Only disliked two tracks. That means I can fuck with 15 joints  8)  That's a lot. Always love DPG but usually they have a few cuts on an album I dislike so for this one to only have two, thats a beautiful thing right there. Normally they have more cuts that sound like "Good Pussy" (that I personally dislike).

This is an album straight made for the fans. Great project  8)

I pretty much agree with this review, DOPE album that I have to cop asap!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »
Good to see Soopafly pass through.

Never understood the hate for Daz he does what any fan wants ..............puts music out.

Ok some of it may be hit or miss but he is constantly releasing albums and has credits on classic albums.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »
  I will not dis Daz cause soopafly told me not to
hahahahahaha

I'm gonna add anoter haha on to that
funkyfreshintheflesh

crapboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2010, 02:35:39 PM »
SOOPAFLYDPGC (THE FAKE ONE) THANX FOR THE COMPLIMENTS BUT I FEEL YOU STILL A BITCH. LOOK HERE MAN, IF YOU DONT LIKE WUT DAZ PUT OUT THEN STOP LISTENIN TO IT. DONT LISTEN AT ALL. YOU KEEP SAYIN YOU AINT FUCCIN WIT EM BUT YOU CRITIQIN EVERYTHANG HE GOT COMIN OUT!! WHO DA DUMMY??? IF A NIGGA GONE KICC YOU IN THE ASS N MAKE A QUARTER FALL OUT YO MOUTH HE GONE KEEP DOIN IT AS LONG AS YOU KEEP BENDIN OVER!! MEANING...... IF YOU DONT LIKE WUT YOU GETTIN FROM DAZ, STRAIGHTEN YO BITCH ASS UP N STOP GETTIN KICCED IN THE ASS. I DONT HAVE NO SOFT WAY OF TELLIN A NIGGA KICC ROCCS IF YOU AINT DIGGIN SUMTHIN. MAN UP N LISTEN TO SUMTHIN ELSE.

ALL YO COMMENTS BE PRAISIN ME BUT YOU BE SLIDIN THAT SLICC SHIT ABOUT MY HOMEBOYS IN THE MEANTIME. DAT SHIT DONT FLY. YOU KEEP COMPLIMENTIN ME ON HOW I HANDLE BITCHES (SOME OF YO THOUGHTS IS WAY UNREALISTIC) BUT YOU AINT EVEN REALIZIN YOU ACTIN JUST LIKE THOSE BITCHES WHEN YOU TALK LIKE THAT. R U A BITCH??? WHO R U N WHERE YOU FROM ANYWAY?? OR DO I REALLY WANNA KNOW THAT??

I THINK I TAKE COMPLIMENTS WELL BUT YO SHIT BE LIKE, FOR EXAMPLE; A NIGGA SAY I DID A TIGHT BEAT N GIMME SOME DAP N KEEP N PUSHIN. BUT THEN YO HAPPY FOOT ASS WANNA COMPLIMENT ABOUT A BEAT N GIVE A NIGGA A FULL EMBRACED HUG OR SUM SHIT!!! MAN WTF??!!! DO YOU GET IT???? MY NUTS AINT MADE FOR DUDES PERIOD!! I APPRECIATE THE GOOD WORDS EVEN THE SONG LIST YOU MADE A WHILE AGO BUT EVERY BODY THAT KNOW YOU ON HERE CAN AGREE THAT YOU GO TOO FAR WIT DAT SHIT. IF I WAS A SCARY NIGGA, ID BE SCARED RIGHT NOW BUT I SEE YOU JUST NEED SOME GUIDANCE. MAN BE A MAN THATS YO FIRST ASSIGNMENT. EVERY BODY ELSE MY BAD FOR HAVIN TO SPEAK ON THIS BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

GET THE ALBUM. WE MADE IT FOR YALL

SOOPA

hahahaha oh classic man!

Hey soopafly if you read this, the song Put the Monkey in it, with you and daz...if you guys made an entire album on that level...holy shit that would be a classic!

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
What a Dope Ass Album!!! Bangin!!!

I don't like

Crazy N Tha Club
Smell'n Brand New Money

Outstanding Tracks
Sky'z Tha Limit
Cheatn Ass Lover
Gotta Let You Know
Spread Tha Luv
I Fears No One
100 Wayz
Dogg Pound Gangstaz

4.5/5 best dpg album since Dogg Food & D&YG

8) 8)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:47:21 PM by Snoopaveli »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
So i got this yesterday at Best Buy.  Really good album, plus on the inside, it's got a great picture of Soopafly standing next to those other two guys and Soopafly's looking all gangster and stuff, it's great!

But anyways, i did not see the special collectors edition anywhere that's supposed to be 23 tracks.  Anyone know if this is actually out and if so, what are the names and features of the extra tracks?  Is Soopafly on any of them?  Usually best buy will get the collectors editions of CDs in, but i never saw it.

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »
So i got this yesterday at Best Buy.  Really good album, plus on the inside, it's got a great picture of Soopafly standing next to those other two guys and Soopafly's looking all gangster and stuff, it's great!

But anyways, i did not see the special collectors edition anywhere that's supposed to be 23 tracks.  Anyone know if this is actually out and if so, what are the names and features of the extra tracks?  Is Soopafly on any of them?  Usually best buy will get the collectors editions of CDs in, but i never saw it.

lmfao, this guy alone is the reason to check this forum. seriously, best poster ever

Rudki

« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2010, 11:47:33 AM »

lmfao, this guy alone is the reason to check this forum. seriously, best poster ever

Damn Right 

Soopafly DPGC....There Will Never Be Another... ;D

JohnnyL

« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2010, 12:07:51 PM »
 Bought the digital download of this album from amazon.com, yesterday.  Although its labeled "Collector's Edition," it was also the 17 track version.  Can't complain though.  It was only $5.99 for 17 tracks.  Overall, a great album.  I would be interested to know what the extra tracks are on the 23 track version, and where it's available.

D-TalkX

« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2010, 12:10:55 PM »
Liking the album so far just need to get some more spins on it. Couple tracks i'm not feeling but for the most part it's pretty good and I am excited about it.

I bought it on iTunes defiitely no collectors edition???? No album artwork or anything does anyone know where I can see the liner notes or anything?

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »
I hope they come out with a video for some mainstream action like that one with Lady of Rage she is spittin hard shit they all did and that beat is bangin!!!!!! Snoop should take his money put in for a video i could see dpg blow back the fuck up after one sick ass video on bet or mtv not like they need it but would be sick to see a video with them instead of all this bubble gum rap bullshit on there hahah! great album!