Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound- 100 Wayz Discussion Thread  (Read 7809 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Tha Dogg Pound- 100 Wayz Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 08:12:16 AM »
I also think that they used the same engineer to mix and master the album that Ice Cube uses.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 08:20:26 AM »
yeah i gues someone ripped the myspace site or whatever but i seen the grouprip retail somewhere...cheatin ass lover is crazy dru down is rappin like suga free on that one with his flow.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »
IM about to nut all over the fucking place!!! OMG!!!
haha you're crazy

So the full album has leaked?! Damn, I'm going to "rapidshare-it" right away 8)

Nah I don't think it has yet. They posted the album for everyone to listen to on their myspace page yesterday.
it leaked.

I also think that they used the same engineer to mix and master the album that Ice Cube uses.
are you saying this release sounds better (technically) than the previous dogg pound albums?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 08:30:52 AM »
IM about to nut all over the fucking place!!! OMG!!!
haha you're crazy

So the full album has leaked?! Damn, I'm going to "rapidshare-it" right away 8)

Nah I don't think it has yet. They posted the album for everyone to listen to on their myspace page yesterday.
it leaked.

are you saying this release sounds better (technically) than the previous dogg pound albums?

Yeah, light years better. I would say from a production standpoint, their best album since D&YG

b-boy dash

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 08:32:28 AM »
sup i just bought the album not too long ago from my best local cd shop and imk in the uk!!! hahaha ive got the album befor uz lot in the us!! my man in the cd shop always get stuff a few days before their release date so if ur frm the uk the place is called cd plus in luton inside the market at the shopping mall the man will get u anything u want.

part from that the cd is straight FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! the best release they had in years!!!!! and kurupt finally goes in on that album.
well done dpg uve made a dope record.

i ask the guy in the shop to get me the collectors edition coz if theirs 23 tracks on it ive gotta have that. he sad hell have it by next week

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 08:49:48 AM »
so what is the collectors edition? the one amazon.com is selling or the one from best buy?

so u dont have the collectors edition? is the one you got  a US-import?

b-boy dash

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »
the one i got is just the normal one with 17 tracks on it and yes of course its a us import i dont think that theirll be a euro version for it coz its not commercial. ull probably findin big retail in the uk but as import.

b-boy dash

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »
and i dont know whats the collectors edition will have i jus heard that theirs 23 tracks on it ill just have to wait and see. when ur a dpg fan u gotta own watever they release

Mietek23

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »
I'm sure VIP Store is going to have the version with bonus tracks on it :)

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
and i dont know whats the collectors edition will have i jus heard that theirs 23 tracks on it ill just have to wait and see. when ur a dpg fan u gotta own watever they release

fo sho, i got mostly everything. just missing the last 4 dpg cds, because they hard to get over here in germany. i see dem only on amazon.com, and i cant buy shit over there, because they only accept credit card, no paypal or something. thats wack, i want keep on ridin, that was then this is now, public enemiez and the who ride wit us 4 cds.  >:(

Portugoal

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »
Listened to the album once... It has some good songs, some not so good songs and one great song. I need to give this more spins to judge it properly.

Rudki

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »
some good shit on here, lady of rage tears the track up just like old days  :o

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 11:25:09 AM »
Does the intro song DPG 2010 sample Doomsday Productions Welcome to Cin Sity? :D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 11:32:03 AM »
Soopa always been dope...keep it gangsta is a dope song
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
Here's the link, biotches  ;D http://www.myspace.com/thadoggpound

Just IMO

The songs I like overall, in rough order:

Cheat'N Ass Lover
Spread the Love
Sky's the Limit
Gotta Let You Know
Otha'Side of Town
100 Wayz (funny use of the old school sample)
Dogg Pound Gangstaz (only slightly, though)

All the others are skipable to me.

Best verses are Daz and Kurupt on All You, Kurupt on Another Clip, Dru Down on Cheat'N Ass Lover, Rage on I Don't Care, and Soopa is always dope.

Best song overall imo is Cheat'N Ass Lover.  It and Spread the Love are the closest to their old G-funk instrumentation and arrangements.  These days, DPG are good at making happy, reflective and laid back type songs.  Their "hard" songs are more often than not really wack, though.  Those songs are really forced.  Been like that for years.  No diss, though.  I love their softer songs.  Probably makes sense considering they're older and likely are more comfortable with the softer songs in real life.  It also could be I don't like the new "hard" hip hop sound from the past few years -- it's just wack to me.  Period.  No bass guitar at all.  Wack, inorganic instrumentation.  Keep the g-funk alive.

Anyway, I'm happy with the songs I listed :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:03:41 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.