0 (0%)
Nas & Damien Marley- Distant Relatives
5 (26.3%)
Eminem- Recovery
7 (36.8%)
Big Boi- Sir Luscious Left Foot
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Album of the year?  (Read 372 times)

WCoastTillIDie

Album of the year?
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:53:36 PM »
Before I ask the question, I gotta admit that this year in hip hop has been freaking amazing.  The 5 albums I listed are the ones I feel (and probably many others feel) that are by far the best albums of the year.  These 5 albums are awesome, and in my opinion, 2010 was a very good year for hip hop.  Best in a while, no doubt.  Haven't had a year like this in a while with consistently great releases (there's other good albums especially one by Curren$y and B.o.B. but it couldn't fit in my poll.)  As for my selection, I think I'll go with How I Got Over.  I was debating between this and Distant Relatives.  Amazing album by The Roots.  What do you guys think is the best album this year?  And you can also talk about whether this year in hip hop is the best/worse in a while (or you can say that it's just another average year.)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Album of the year?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:38:36 PM »
Mac Miller - "K.I.D.S."; stop sleeping.

Mood Muzik 4 should be my album of the year though, without even hearing it & Hopsin's "Raw" will without a doubt be up there too. 8)

LONDON!!

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
from the albums i've copped so far, the best album i've heard so far is damian marley & nas's distant relatives, its a classic thats gonna be considered timeless in my book, thats the way i see it

but i still haven't gotten around to coppin, cnn's war report 2, fat joe's darkside, bun b's trill og and roots album because of the late release dates over here now, but as soon as i see em in hmv, there getting copped, you've gotta support the cause you know and you know this, yes surr
"get this money by any means nessassary"

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 02:50:12 AM »
from the albums i've copped so far, the best album i've heard so far is damian marley & nas's distant relatives, its a classic thats gonna be considered timeless in my book, thats the way i see it

but i still haven't gotten around to coppin, cnn's war report 2, fat joe's darkside, bun b's trill og and roots album because of the late release dates over here now, but as soon as i see em in hmv, there getting copped, you've gotta support the cause you know and you know this, yes surr

I think Fat Joe's album was very good, the best I've heard from him in nearly a decade.  Bun B's album is alright for me, don't really like the South that much (except for B.o.B. and OutKast.)  What do you think about hip hop this year?  Best year in a while huh?  Lots of good albums out.

Anunikke

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 03:32:52 AM »
Brotha Lynch Hung - Dinner and a Movie, no contest.

awol22222

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 03:48:37 AM »

LONDON!!

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »

I think Fat Joe's album was very good, the best I've heard from him in nearly a decade.  Bun B's album is alright for me, don't really like the South that much (except for B.o.B. and OutKast.)  What do you think about hip hop this year?  Best year in a while huh?  Lots of good albums out.

from albums ive heard so far, i think the year has picked up quite well from last year, because last year to me was an improvement, there was a lot of quality albums that dropped, plus a classic from cormega, so i think this year, from the albums i've heard so far is looking pretty decent too, especially from the tunes i've heard so far from the albums i ain't got round to coppin yet, theirs so many, but i will get on the case, its nuthin
"get this money by any means nessassary"

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 12:25:53 PM »
From that list I went for Big Boi, simply because of its great replay value. Ive played it to death and still love it.

Distant Relatives and How I Got Over are both great albums though.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 01:37:29 AM »
Big Boi's album made me forget all other albums before it. It really is that good even though I don't fuck with too much from the South. I think if Pharoahe Monch drops he will be a contender but I think the best will end up being Black Milk 'Album of the Year'  8)

westsiderider323

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 02:08:53 AM »

So Much Style

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
you fucking idiot you didnt even include kurupt or freeway, the 2 best albums
So much style back at it again

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 01:57:55 PM »
im gonna say cypress hill its got the most play from me

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:16:38 AM »
you fucking idiot you didnt even include kurupt or freeway, the 2 best albums

Wow buddy, calm down with the offensive language.  No need to call me a "fucking idiot."  Plus, Kurupt's album wasn't anything special, and it's horrible compared to the albums I listed.  The albums I listed are clearly superior to what you mentioned.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »
Voted Big Boi, amazing album. But, aside from the albums listed, Janelle Monae's "The ArchAndroid" (though it can't really be categorized into one specific genre) is by far the best album of the year. Actually one of the best I've heard, regardless of year. She will win the Grammy in Feb. for album of the year. Quote me, lol.