Author Topic: Let's Get It Over With: Release Of The Year 1986-2010  (Read 706 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Let's Get It Over With: Release Of The Year 1986-2010
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »
you really think in the past 10 years, 5 of those years the best album was made by nas?

hahahah get the fuck outta here

Other than 2pac and Eminem, there are no other rappers than can fuck with Nas' career. 

im not down playin nas, but im sayin there is no way in hell any of those albums were album of the year. even the biggest nas stan is not gonna say hip hop is dead was album of the year

Around 2006/2007 Lil Wayne, and snappin and poppin, club music, ignorant south music started dominating hip-hop.  Even the underground I think has suffered a lot.  So to make up for it I've gotten more nostalgic and gone back and checked out more 80's and 90's releases I may have missed, along with listening to more Reggae and Senegalese music. 

Nas Hip-Hop Is Dead may not be a classic record but I think it was very important in it's time and easily the best album in an otherwise horrible year for hip-hop.  I even made a whole thread about this album.  Then by the time his Untitled/Nigger album came out the game was in an even worse state, so although it's not even half as good as Hip-Hop Is Dead in my eyes, it was still the best album of that year (but that's not saying much).

I like Nas' Hip-Hop Is Dead album so much I've even made many threads about the album here at the forum, this one I made just last week..

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=253536.0
I

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »
1990 - A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm
1991 - Ice Cube - Death Certificate
1992 - Dr. Dre - The Chronic
1993 - Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
1994 - Nas - Illmatic
1995 - Mobb Deep - The Infamous
1996 - Westside Connection - Bow Down
1997 - The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death
1998 - OutKast - Aquemini
1999 - Dr. Dre - 2001
2000 - Scarface - The Last Of A Dying Breed
2001 - Jay-Z - The Blueprint
2002 - Scarface - The Fix
2003 - Dead Prez - Revolutionary But Gangsta
2004 - Kanye West - The College Dropout
2005 - Common - Be
2006 - The Game - Doctor's Advocate
2008 - Nas - Untitled
2010 - Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:09:17 PM by The Vet »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 09:34:59 PM »
Yeah hhid wasnt dope nor was nigger...but suprised at ur list also...jacka album of the year? And suprised u put made...git out my face is one of the most creative songs period
I felt Jacka had the best album out of everything that I heard, last year. As for 2007, I almost left it blank as a fuck you to one of the most depressingly mediocre years for hip-hop releases EVER.

Anunikke

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 02:55:13 AM »
Yeah hhid wasnt dope nor was nigger...but suprised at ur list also...jacka album of the year? And suprised u put made...git out my face is one of the most creative songs period
I felt Jacka had the best album out of everything that I heard, last year. As for 2007, I almost left it blank as a fuck you to one of the most depressingly mediocre years for hip-hop releases EVER.
2007 was a great year, I thought it was hard to decide.
I couldn't choose between "The Weatherman LP" & Guilty By Affiliation" and then I hadn't even taken "Jesus Price Supastar" into consideration.

"For Whom the Beat tolls" might not have been the best album but "Poet Laureate Infinity" is ground breaking.

I'd name the other dope albums but the list would be too long.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 08:07:55 AM »
you really think in the past 10 years, 5 of those years the best album was made by nas?

Other than 2pac and Eminem, there are no other rappers than can fuck with Nas' career. 

im not down playin nas, but im sayin there is no way in hell any of those albums were album of the year. even the biggest nas stan is not gonna say hip hop is dead was album of the year

Around 2006/2007 Lil Wayne, and snappin and poppin, club music, ignorant south music started dominating hip-hop.  Even the underground I think has suffered a lot.  So to make up for it I've gotten more nostalgic and gone back and checked out more 80's and 90's releases I may have missed, along with listening to more Reggae and Senegalese music. 

Nas Hip-Hop Is Dead may not be a classic record but I think it was very important in it's time and easily the best album in an otherwise horrible year for hip-hop.  I even made a whole thread about this album.  Then by the time his Untitled/Nigger album came out the game was in an even worse state, so although it's not even half as good as Hip-Hop Is Dead in my eyes, it was still the best album of that year (but that's not saying much).

I like Nas' Hip-Hop Is Dead album so much I've even made many threads about the album here at the forum, this one I made just last week..

I

youre an obvious south-hater, didnt even care to mention your thoughts on donuts, and actually think hip hop is dead was "very important album for its time". why exactly was it important and not just another nas album? hip hop isnt dead, and wasnt dead. if you have certain strict ideals about what good hip-hop is and are stuck in the 90s then yes, i can see why you might think that, but for the rest of us.... fuck that shit.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »
Aite jimmy ima listen 2 that jacka album again...i know hes different than mac dre and most of bay but jus dont like his style...imo san quinn>>jacka if were talk lyrically n the bay
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

rayallen0

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 05:10:46 PM »
did u clowns hear blu & exile? CunninLynguists? Shad? Y Society? UGK? Pharoahe Monch? Elp-P? Blue Scholars? Brother Ali? Marco Polo? Lupe Fiasco? Black Milk? Aesop Rock? Jay-Z? Talib Kweli? Sean Price? Kanye West?Sage Francis? Dj Jazzy Jeff? Killah Priest? Percee P? Evidence? Devin The Dude? Army of the Pharaohs? Talib Kweli & Madlib? Common? Scarface? Hell Razah? Phat Kat? Dizzee Rascal? Chamillionaire? Ghostface Killah? Joell Ortiz? Little Brother? Beatie Boys? Wu-Tang Clan? Bone Thugs N Harmony? RZA? Lifesavas? Freeway? Prodigy? Median? Cilvaringz? Public Enemy? Canibus? Grayskul? Atmosphere? WC? Guru? Redman? One Be Lo? Consequence? MF Grimm? Twiztid? Necro? Wyclef Jean? DJ Muggs vs. Sick Jacken? 9th Wonder? Jeru the Damaja? Caltroit? Smif-n-Wessun? Trae? Apathy & Celph Titled? Styles P? Big Shug? Husalah? Kottonmouth Kings? Keith Murray? Wise Intelligent? Tha Dogg Pound? Tech N9ne? Mistah F.A.B.? Bishop Lamont? DJ Muggs Vs. Gza (remix)? Turf Talk? Lil Flip? Infamous Mobb? C-Rayz Walz & Sharkey? Federation? AZ? Saigon? Planet Asia? Project Pat? Boss Hogg Outlawz? The Alchemist? Scribe? Gabriel Teodros? J.R. Writer? U-N-I? JT the Bigga Figga? The Jacka? Messy Marv & Mitchy Slick? C.L. Smooth? 8Ball & Devius? MF DOOM & T-Pain? Chingo Bling? 40 Cal? MC Serch? Napoleon? Mac Dre? Mick Boogie? Keak Da Sneak?  D. Black? H.A.W.K.? B-Legit? Miller Boyz? T-Hud? Soopafly? Mic Geronimo?

if thats a bad year in hip hop tell me what a good one is...

and for beat fiends!
LIQUID SWORDS INSTRUMENTALS!!!!
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers): Instrumentals!!!!
popular deman instrumentals

great screwed and chopped version of devin the dudes album

rayallen0

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »
i found hhid dope but  saying there wasnt good hiphop in 06 is ridic. diilla, roots, ghostface, clipse, lupe, k-os, jedi mind tricks, vakill, p.o.s., www, subtle, murs & 9th wonder, Oh NO, gnarls Barkley, Coup,  Boot Camp CLick , Dave chapelle block party soundtrack, Rhymefest, Large Professor, Army of the Pharaohs, TI, Apathy, Blue Sky Black Death & The Holocaust, People under the stairs, Nicolay, Matisyahu, Mr. Life, Strange Fruit Project, Madlib, The Game, Tech N9ne, Snoop, RJD2, AZ, Hi-Tek, Trae, Z-Ro, MF Grimm, Aceyalone, Aloe Blacc, Method Man, Kelis, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, PackFM, OutKast, Ken Starr, Big L, Arested development, Zion I & The Grouch, Project Pat, Akir, Doujah Raze, Busta Rhymes, Masta Killa, E-40, Skyzoo & 9th Wonder, De La Soul, Sway, Dj Krush,

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 02:11:24 AM »
i found hhid dope but  saying there wasnt good hiphop in 06 is ridic. diilla, roots, ghostface, clipse, lupe, etc

yeah i know dude, there were SO MANY great albums in 06, i think folks just didnt bother to check them out so they say its a bad year just cause they aint made the effort to listen to anything.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »
Lol @ ray ray
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Paul

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »

I

Judging by your posts and threads all you listen to is mainstream hip hop, and you go on about hip hop being dead and that Damein Marley is the best thing in rap just now. I cant take you seriously.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Anunikke

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »

I

Judging by your posts and threads all you listen to is mainstream hip hop, and you go on about hip hop being dead and that Damein Marley is the best thing in rap just now. I cant take you seriously.
It's always people who listen to (Borderline) mainstream that complain hip-hop is dead.

Paul

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 11:57:29 AM »
Exactly. When there is plenty of good hip hop out there.
funkyfreshintheflesh