Author Topic: Crooked I - "Planet COB Vol. 1"  (Read 4794 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Crooked I - "Planet COB Vol. 1" drops tomorrow
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2010, 11:03:05 AM »
It always makes me laugh how non-fans stumble into these threads and try to convince fans of Crooked I's music not to listen or try to put them down.

LOL... I mean, what is the ultimate goal with these posts, to have someone say, "You know what you are right, I will never listen to Crooked I again, your post was so compelling, I wish I seen it your way from the beginning."

I mean, seriously. If you enjoy the music, enjoy it. If you don't, you don't. What's the point of putting down people that do or cracking jokes. We know you don't like it... just move on and enjoy your day.
i think crooked is a good rapper, but he needs to let the hit desire go.
the last two EPs weren't all that.
i'll check this new one, but Let me buy you a drink wasn't a good start.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
It always makes me laugh how non-fans stumble into these threads and try to convince fans of Crooked I's music not to listen or try to put them down.

LOL... I mean, what is the ultimate goal with these posts, to have someone say, "You know what you are right, I will never listen to Crooked I again, your post was so compelling, I wish I seen it your way from the beginning."

I mean, seriously. If you enjoy the music, enjoy it. If you don't, you don't. What's the point of putting down people that do or cracking jokes. We know you don't like it... just move on and enjoy your day.

that says someone who avatar picture is a garbage fuckin mixtape.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Crooked I - "Planet COB Vol. 1"
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2010, 11:15:31 AM »
yeah it's almost an evil deed

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »

damn homie, Let Me Buy You A Drink is fuckin amazing. So emotional, lyrics are just too good

" Let me buy you a drink, we got something in common
  I see the pain in your eyes and i got my mind on my problems
  Im probably high as u think, and imma about to sing trough the bottle
  She said I bet you are a fighter, I could tell a rider when I spot him....

Its like hearing Pac damn....RIP

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »
Cuz they behind a screen...would they tell crooked face 2 face? They fuckin live wit their parents and they luv muffuccaz 2 get hyped up when they hate....they wont listen 2 crookeds muzik ever again jus like they aint ever gon touch a blue starbust again
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2010, 09:09:34 PM »

[/quote]

Yeah I just said One-2 was dope.. Just not Crook level..
[/quote]

One-2 has 5 dope mix tapes out ...  and crooked i is a part of some of those mixtapes...and when they have back and forth songs on there... you can tell that they are both evenly matched for skills and presence on the microphone  I have heard songs where 2 rappers were on there and you could tell that there was a huge difference in skills ..but not the case with one-2 and crooked...If that is your opinion that there is a huge difference between them fine.....but if they were really on different levels I really dont think crooked would have put so much time and effort on one-2's songs ....so I believe Crooked disagrees with you as well

peace
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
 LMAO @  the ass clown above who says One Two is even with crooked

that is like comparing Pras to Nas :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
Anyone got a louder version of Gangsta's Cry?

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • try not to do tbt though, people here dont like it
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2010, 03:37:21 AM »
Gangstaz Cry is not mastered, the rest of the mixtape is

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2010, 03:52:54 AM »
LMAO @  the ass clown above who says One Two is even with crooked

that is like comparing Pras to Nas :D

Thank you! Somebody with some sense.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2010, 06:12:39 AM »
Nah member sayin one 2 is dope..i feel what he sayin
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

EnzoUK

« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2010, 06:37:39 AM »
well i noticed alot of complaints from people sayin the track is too quiet, so iv turned it up:

and iv zshared it, since so many people on here insist on zshare.

"Crooked I Feat K-Young - Gangsta's Cry LOUDER VERSION, TURNED UP BY @EnzoUK"
http://www.zshare.net/audio/7953829632c6d0eb/
Twitter: @EnzoUK

JohnnyL

« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2010, 08:45:36 AM »

First off, let me say that I agree with youngcrookedi that "intros" are a worn out device in rap/hiphop.  They were 10 years ago.
But seeing as how nearly everyone still uses them and Crooked I is far from even the most egregious offender in that regard, I'll
just ignore the intro and move onto the rest of the music.  Overall, this was a pretty solid release.  It sounds as though
Crooked I was going for a more commercial sound, but his lyrics are still tight as usual.
 "Everythang" is a song that seems to have grown on me. While far from his best work, something about it is kind of catchy. I find
myself listening to the track, more and more.
  Another one of my favorites on here is "Music is My Life." The lyrics are real nice on this one. Actually, the whole song came together
nicely. 
  To me, "Let Me Buy You a Drink" is the stand out track of this collection. While "Gangstas Cry" was my most anticipated song, "Let Me Buy
You a Drink" steals the show.
  It is still great to hear "Gangstas Cry" though. Speaking as someone who has spent a considerable amount of time trying to piece together
a collection that bears some resemblence to the "B.O.S.S." album, it is nice to add another track from those sessions to the collection. My
only criticism would be that the volume on that song is considerably lower than that of the rest of the songs on this collection.  It's
interesting to note the exclusion of "#Okbye" from the tracklist.  To be honest, I didn't notice it until it was mentioned here in this thread. 
But the more I think about it, it's pretty silly considering the amount of time they spent "talking up" that track.  Considering they even
printed up t-shirts with "#Okbye," they were obviously planning on the track being on there, almost right up until the ep was actually released. 
It probably was an issue with clearing a sample, but then shouldn't another track be added to take it's place?  It is, after all, a digital release,
and they have everyone's e-mail address, so sending an extra song could be easily done. At any rate, the handling of the release of this ep has
been odd to say the least.  I don't mean to harp on the "little things" but why advertise "Gangstas Cry" as a bonus track for the more expensive
combo pack and then release it for free a couple days later?  I say that, realizing full well that the song like all songs, would inevitably leak
anyway, but it's odd that it would be officially leaked on Crooked I's website. What then is the incentive for buying the more expensive version of
the ep? I guess the obvious answer is the t-shirt, but that really wasn't a selling point with me.   
 To sum up, once again my reaction to the music itself is mostly positive, but my reaction to the handling of the release is mixture of frustration
and bewilderment.  I will give them credit though, for sticking to their advertised release date.  That is at least a step
in the right direction.

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »
average boring production on this

Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,