Author Topic: Lupe Fiasco - "Go To Sleep"  (Read 518 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Lupe Fiasco - "Go To Sleep"
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:02:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nh1ewLu2NEM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Nh1ewLu2NEM</a>

I'm hearing it's his new single. Pretty ill. 8)

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
Re: Lupe Fiasco - "Go To Sleep"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 06:21:42 AM »
props my dude

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 02:47:32 PM »
Sleeping on this?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »
eh its blah
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 11:46:12 AM »
Sleeping on this?

this, lupe has been the best out since food & liquor, niggas just wont acknowledge it

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »
If anything lupe has been falling off since food & liqour.

he's got a borderline wack flow now that's eerily remiscent of lil wayne

plus his lyrics have went from being dope to being decent.  most tracks he's rhyming about his minds eye and some other psuedo hip intellectual bullshit that doesn't really mean much.

LASERS could actually be that bad the record label won't drop cause they know it's wack.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »
Action quit slipping.  His songs are great cuz they can mean many different things and make you think.  You making me think you'd actually prefer some str8 to the point dumb shit.   :'(

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »
I prefer different music according to my mood and as the situation calls but I honestly think Lupe is not as deep or intellectual as his internet soldiers make him out to be.  I love Food & Liquor.  I think it's a classic album.  I was disappointed with The Cool but enjoyed it.   It wasn't the classic follow up I wanted but it wasn't a sophomore slump.   I can say the last song I enjoyed by Lupe was Shining Down.  I don't like any of the other material I've heard from Lasers, with the exception of a snippet or two that leaked along time ago, nor do I like his free material he's recorded.  His BMF freestyle wack.  Just cause you're talking about something "important" doesn't make it dope or hot.  Rick Ross's approach > Lupe's and that says a lot (for me) because I hate Rick Ross.  I'm not feeling it.  I think it's wack.  I don't think you're deep just because you talk about your minds eyes and the cool.  He uses it so much now it's almost like Game name dropping.  Get off that shit and on to something else.  I also don't like his new flow.   It's like the fool got infected with a virus and hasn't been able to produce dope music.
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »
Considering he is using this as a single, I feel obligated to give him props lol.

Not your typical single material/topic & it'll show in sales; watch.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
So Action, you don't like this song?

Wtf.......

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »
Crack.....
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »
Basically, I hate to say this because I love F&L, I don't like the phase of Lupe Fiasco's artistic career. I'm definitely one of those cats that likes what I like and I don't like what I don't like.  I give everything spins at least several times.  I certainly don't commit to an artist and ride for them.  It all started around the time he started up that side rock band.  His mentality and his art changed.  I don't like the general direction he's taken.  

Shining Down was the last full track from Lupe Fiasco I enjoyed, which is off LASERS.  I also really like this, which is supposedly off Lasers,

and this one,

It's definitely hard to judge an album based on snippets and two singles - Shining down (I dig) & I'm Beaming (I hate).

I feel like he's been influenced by B.o.B and Kid Cudi.  He's like split between being the Lupe i enjoy and this weird version that's influenced by the new school that I find annoying.
- Banks

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »
It's all a matter of preference, but just curious as to how people can choose to not hear about that real life shit? and would rather hear a former police officer rap about pushing crack for that matter. It's not like Lupe is claiming to be something that he isn't. He makes amazing music with uncomparable substance. To me it seems like people can't understand him on an intellectual level so they just ignore his shit.... but hey, what do i know

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 07:07:32 PM »
That's exactly why I hate Lupe fans.  They always resort to "you don't understand it intellectually."  Basically, I think if you think Lupe is an intellectual than you're stupid.  In fact if you turn to hip-hop in search of acquiring intelligence I think you're in the wrong place.  Besides his recent music isn't deep.  It's as obvious as Rick Ross's BMF.

I can say I like the idea behind Building Minds Faster but it was a shitty execution.  It was boring and not enjoyable which makes the track wack. 

I hate Rick Ross but at least his was in your face raunchy braggadocio.  That energy was real.  It's not like Rick Ross is pretending to be Big Meech, it's more homage and him relating to their lifestyle.  I don't have a problem when Ross does that, I have a problem with his denial of his lifestyle and his attempt to be someone he wasn't for years. 
- Banks

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »
In fact if you turn to hip-hop in search of acquiring intelligence I think you're in the wrong place.
I just wish one of the admins would put this under the dubcc logo just to remind people.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE