Author Topic: Lupe Fiasco - "Go To Sleep"  (Read 516 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Lupe Fiasco - "Go To Sleep"
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 08:48:29 PM »
That's exactly why I hate Lupe fans.  They always resort to "you don't understand it intellectually."  Basically, I think if you think Lupe is an intellectual than you're stupid.  In fact if you turn to hip-hop in search of acquiring intelligence I think you're in the wrong place.  Besides his recent music isn't deep.  It's as obvious as Rick Ross's BMF.

this....
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sparegeez

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 12:17:15 AM »
I've honestly enjoyed every lupe song till this one. Man I really hope he doesn't sell out

Bananas

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 05:54:50 AM »
yeah this pretty good.

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 07:19:38 AM »
y'all really going to try and tell me you cant learn from hip hop? why? because its presented in a different manner? explain futher please..

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 09:15:12 AM »
I'm not saying you can't learn from hip-hop but you should seriously question what you're attempting to learn.  90 percent of rappers aren't that  educated.   If you're looking for motivation, encouraging words, energy, etc.  then I would say you could pick up some thing from hip-hop but intellect?  Nah.  Go read a book.   Study history.  Study math.  Study sciences cause hip-hop is not where it's at.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 09:48:40 AM »
I'm not saying you can't learn from hip-hop but you should seriously question what you're attempting to learn.  90 percent of rappers aren't that  educated.   If you're looking for motivation, encouraging words, energy, etc.  then I would say you could pick up some thing from hip-hop but intellect?  Nah.  Go read a book.   Study history.  Study math.  Study sciences cause hip-hop is not where it's at.

Most ignorant post in awhile.

The fact that you question Lupe as one of the more intellectual MC's in the game right now is alarming...

B.o.B. is another intellectual artist..  Nas.. Talib Kweli.. The Roots...  etc.

Are you saying you don't enjoy these artists?  You would rather listen to some half-inspired Gangsta or South shit?

It's not hard to understand these artists, but it's quite easy to notice they spit something intelligent, a far cry from anything in the usual mainstream. 

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 10:07:34 AM »

let me teach you something real quick, we are all looking to learn different things in life, me? I like the storytelling, the life lessons, the point of views, the culture and the melodic music attached with hip hop. I'm not looking to learn math, I want to hear whats going on in this world today, so we can understand and change what is going on. It makes me proud when I hear Lupe, Nas, Talib etc dropping knowledge on the shit a lot of us have been through. More people could learn from these guys rather than ignore it. Where is the progression when we are still on this fuck bitches, sell crack, get money mentality from new artists? for me that goes further then studying math, feel me?

Sparegeez

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
His flow sucks now

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 01:13:17 PM »
It's all a matter of preference, but just curious as to how people can choose to not hear about that real life shit? and would rather hear a former police officer rap about pushing crack for that matter. It's not like Lupe is claiming to be something that he isn't. He makes amazing music with uncomparable substance. To me it seems like people can't understand him on an intellectual level so they just ignore his shit.... but hey, what do i know

couldnt have put it better myself  ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 01:45:32 PM »
Is Lupe more intellectual than say Lil B? Sure but they're in different lanes.

My point is which has gone over most of your heads is that only an idiot turns to hip-hop to educate themselves.  They're entertainers and the most they can educate a person on is street life.  Very very very few of them have spent time and read hundreds of articles or books on topics they spit about.  They draw wide brushstroke on history while not revealing anything unique.  You're a fucking idiot if you turn to rap music to educate yourself. 

I'm not denying some artist are intelligent and have dope lyrics, clever word play, and spit information but most don't.  It's also a limited art form due to the length of a song.  So, no, you're not going to acquire much knowledge from 3 minutes compared to a 250 page book on a topic. 

My point stands you're looking in the wrong place if you're looking to educate yourself.
- Banks

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »
Books don't educate you nigga, experience does

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 03:01:17 PM »
Is Lupe more intellectual than say Lil B? Sure but they're in different lanes.

My point is which has gone over most of your heads is that only an idiot turns to hip-hop to educate themselves.  They're entertainers and the most they can educate a person on is street life.  Very very very few of them have spent time and read hundreds of articles or books on topics they spit about.  They draw wide brushstroke on history while not revealing anything unique.  You're a fucking idiot if you turn to rap music to educate yourself. 

I'm not denying some artist are intelligent and have dope lyrics, clever word play, and spit information but most don't.  It's also a limited art form due to the length of a song.  So, no, you're not going to acquire much knowledge from 3 minutes compared to a 250 page book on a topic. 

My point stands you're looking in the wrong place if you're looking to educate yourself.

Wow.    You gonna tell me if you listen to Lil B for a year you are gonna be just as aware and open to intellectual shit than if you listened to Lupe? 

Hell no.

Lupe might not change the word, but he can spark the brain that will.  -2Pac

Lil B won't do that.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »
You're entire argument about Lil B is subjective.  Who are you to say Lil B won't spark the brain that will change the world?  His interviews > Lupe's interviews.

But, I wasn't even saying Lil B one was more intellectual than the other.  Just that they're in different lanes and comparing the two is rather stupid because you go to them for different reasons.

Either way, my point still stands.  You're fucking tard if you go to music to acquire intelligence.   Experience makes one intelligent?  No shit!  Tell me something more obvious.  What experience?  You know reading books is experience, right?  If I keep shooting people I have experience shooting people.  Does that make me intelligent?  No.  Listening to hip-hop does not make one intelligent.  It also doesn't mean one can't acquire intelligence from hip-hop but more than 90 percent of the time if you're turning to hip-hop for intelligence you're fucking stupid. 

Go read a book.

I can't believe you idiots are even arguing this.  You will learn more if you read a fucking book about a subject than listening to a 3 minute hip-hop song.

If you want to learn about what's current read a fucking newspaper, read articles in particular magazines, read news sites, etc.  Hip-Hop artists have very limited perspective, often which are uneducated and rather stupid.
- Banks

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »
Well I gave it about 30 seconds but after that I got too irritated. I won't even get to the subject of his content, mostly because I was put off by his flow...shit was just corny.

The beat seemed to have potential tho.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »
You're entire argument about Lil B is subjective.  Who are you to say Lil B won't spark the brain that will change the world?  His interviews > Lupe's interviews.

But, I wasn't even saying Lil B one was more intellectual than the other.  Just that they're in different lanes and comparing the two is rather stupid because you go to them for different reasons.

Either way, my point still stands.  You're fucking tard if you go to music to acquire intelligence.   Experience makes one intelligent?  No shit!  Tell me something more obvious.  What experience?  You know reading books is experience, right?  If I keep shooting people I have experience shooting people.  Does that make me intelligent?  No.  Listening to hip-hop does not make one intelligent.  It also doesn't mean one can't acquire intelligence from hip-hop but more than 90 percent of the time if you're turning to hip-hop for intelligence you're fucking stupid.  

Go read a book.

I can't believe you idiots are even arguing this.  You will learn more if you read a fucking book about a subject than listening to a 3 minute hip-hop song.

If you want to learn about what's current read a fucking newspaper, read articles in particular magazines, read news sites, etc.  Hip-Hop artists have very limited perspective, often which are uneducated and rather stupid.

LOL.  I find it hard to believe you are an intelligent person that listens to inferior Hip-Hop for the lawls.  When you operating on a higher level, more than 50 percent of that time you are gonna enjoy or entertain a form of music that shares your mindframe and intelligence.

If I'ma listen to Hip-Hop at all, it's gonna be something intelligent (Dipset gets a pass).  

I don't give a shit about Lil B's interviews.  I want music that will drive me and keep me sharp in life.  Lil B's music (while the intent is there) doesn't do that.  Lupe's does.

I think we've gone far enough into this discussion where I can ask you for your top 5 rappers now.  (Please)