Author Topic: Why "Ali" could have been alot better  (Read 212 times)

techniec

Re: Why "Ali" could have been alot better
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2001, 07:41:58 AM »
mad child

marvin gaye died when his pops killed him,
but what it was over i dont know, i think it was financiallly related, self defense, i dunno
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

infinite59

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2001, 08:15:17 AM »
mad child

marvin gaye died when his pops killed him,
but what it was over i dont know, i think it was financiallly related, self defense, i dunno

I think it was drug related

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2001, 11:35:47 AM »
Great movie!

Will Smith is the shit! Great actor. Great Rapper [Fresh Prince]. 1 CLASSIC album DJ Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince - He's The D.J. I'm The Rapper

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2001, 05:27:44 PM »
Marvin Gaye's story is sad.... basically goes like this...

Marvin Gaye, got very famous through motown, of course.  He hooked up with a girl, I THINK her name was Tammy Terrell, something like that, did a BUNCH of songs withher, they kinda fell in love, he had an affair, REPORTEDLY he used to beat her, she got a brain tumour, she died.  She was only 24, and beauuuutiful... great voice.  His wife divorced him, sued him for all the profits from his previous albums, saying she was the inspiration for them.  Judge told him the profits from his next album had to go to her, so he made  an album called "Here, my Dear"... Most gangsta thing I've ever heard somebody do.

He got heavy into drugs, basically his career was over by the late 70's.  

He got clean off drugs, and in the early 80's, was on a comeback... Did "Sexual Healin'" stuff like that, awesome stuff.  He moved back home to be with his father, and was digging himself out of debt.  He lived with his dad and mom... mixed stories about what happened, some people say his dad was a preacher (he was) and got into an argument with Marvin about marvin's wild ways, drug abuse, marvin yelled back, his dad pumped holes in his chest.  The other story is, Marvin's dad got into an argument with his mom, Marvin told his dad off, and went to bed... His dad came in and shot him dead in his bed while he was sleeping.  Either way, his dad killed him the day before his birthday, 1984.  

The real story is his unbelievable music.. there's really no 1 album that has all his good songs, but he did my favorite ones with Tammi Terrell, he did  "Precious Love" - heavennn must have sent you, from above... ohhhh, heaven must have sent your, precious lovee.... he did "Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby" with her.... he did "Aint No Mountain High" with her... "Ain't no mountain high, ain't No valley low, ain't no river wide enough, babyyyyy"  Awesome song.  He did of course the legendary "You're all I need" that Method man and Mary J Blige redid later....  The o.g. version is unbelievable...  It's a real shame both of them are gone.  

jerraveli

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2001, 11:00:41 AM »
his dad was one goofy fuck. he used to dress up like women when marvin was a kid. needless to say his dad had issues. but marvin gaye was pure genius when it came to music. someone earlier talked about tammy terrell dying of a brain tumor. she actually had a brain anneurism (spelling) while onstage performing with marvin. some truly sad stuff. peace