Author Topic: John Stewart owns Fox News. Twice.  (Read 1379 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
John Stewart owns Fox News. Twice.
« on: August 25, 2010, 01:53:52 AM »
Daily Show: Six Degrees of Terrorism with Rupert Murdoch

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Displayblog.aspx?bpid=77100572-22be-45aa-afe9-963e72870552&sms_ss=facebook

and

Daily Show: The Parent Company Trap

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Displayblog.aspx?bpid=16d46416-8330-4ae0-b5b9-39b86da82f80

I wish I was that convincing with a highlighter and cue card.

If anybody can post the videos here, that might be better btw.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: John Stewart owns Fox News. Twice.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:47:38 AM »
If John Stewart wasn't exactly the same as many of the Fox News dudes I would maybe listen to what he has to say.

Other than that, hes a slightly above average comedian.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:27:31 AM »
I don't see why Jon Stewart should be compared to people at Fox News. 

Anunikke

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »
Seeing how much time he spends on fox news, twice seems very low.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »

He's a staunch liberal, who uses personal attacks, and generally agrees with those of his side only. 

Fox News Guy:  Staunch conservative, who uses personal attacks, and generally agrees with those of his side only.

I only see 1 difference there, which is usually what clouds people's judgment (not saying you).

Partisan politics at their worst, which is ruining this country.

Then, when people criticize him or his views, he pulls the "Im just a comedian" card, when its clear he walks the line between comedian and biased pundit not very well.  Can't have it both ways.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:45:53 PM by Russell Bell »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:22:52 AM »

He's a staunch liberal, who uses personal attacks, and generally agrees with those of his side only. 

Fox News Guy:  Staunch conservative, who uses personal attacks, and generally agrees with those of his side only.

I only see 1 difference there, which is usually what clouds people's judgment (not saying you).

Then, when people criticize him or his views, he pulls the "Im just a comedian" card, when its clear he walks the line between comedian and biased pundit not very well.  Can't have it both ways.

I C... and you must have voted for Ron Paul... how did I know?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »
Jon Stewart can defend his liberal opinions, so it's not like he just randomly pulls out the I'm a comedian card. He does it because people bust his balls for not reporting the news. 

Raphael

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »

The hell, its like you people copy and paste your criticism. I watch the daily show to get a few laughs. I don't watch it to learn about the latest news and form an opinion about the issues based on what Jon is saying. Stop taking the show so seriously and you'll be fine with it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:39:38 AM by ghost of Kim Il Sung »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »
Jon Stewart can defend his liberal opinions, so it's not like he just randomly pulls out the I'm a comedian card. He does it because people bust his balls for not reporting the news. 

Sure he can defend them.....but when he only sees things, talks about things, and defends things from a liberal POV, he loses credibility in my book (not all liberals are right all the time, you know)....hence my comparison of him to Fox News people (who do the EXACT same thing but from the other side of the spectrum).  These things I just mentioned are why people bust his balls.  He comes off as Hannity's liberal twin brother with jokes mixed in.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:18:14 PM by Russell Bell »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »

The hell, its like you people copy and paste your criticism. I watch the daily show to get a few laughs. I don't watch it to learn about the latest news and form an opinion about the issues based on what Jon is saying. Stop taking the show so seriously and you'll be fine with it.

Well, thats good you just watch it to get a few laughs.  Cause I think many people watch it to hear their political views told back to them, so they feel warm and fuzzy inside.  Yeah he has the packaging of a comedian, but he's just so damned biased and in the bag for his side that he comes off as a cheerleader and not a political comedian.   

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 05:16:21 PM »

Sure he can defend them.....but when he only sees things, talks about things, and defends things from a liberal POV, he loses credibility in my book (not all liberals are right all the time, you know)....hence my comparison of him to Fox News people (who do the EXACT same thing but from the other side of the spectrum).

How can a comedian lose credibility on a satirical show?  FOX News isn't satire, it's an actual news organization.  MSNBC and FOX News is the comparison you're looking for.  And yes, I understand both of these news organization have their pundits with their opinion oriented shows, but they also have legit news segments that they don't really show an unbiased point of view. 

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »

Sure he can defend them.....but when he only sees things, talks about things, and defends things from a liberal POV, he loses credibility in my book (not all liberals are right all the time, you know)....hence my comparison of him to Fox News people (who do the EXACT same thing but from the other side of the spectrum).

How can a comedian lose credibility on a satirical show?  FOX News isn't satire, it's an actual news organization.  MSNBC and FOX News is the comparison you're looking for.  And yes, I understand both of these news organization have their pundits with their opinion oriented shows, but they also have legit news segments that they don't really show an unbiased point of view. 

I know that not everyone on MSNBC is Olbermann and not everyone on Fox is Hannity, but I'm just sayin.

And I think that when a comedian uses his show as a platform (not all the time, but a LOT of the time) to talk about his personal views about politics time and time again, he should be judged more like a pundit less like a comedian.  The problem is, its not pure satire..he isnt playing a character, and the views he puts forth are his own, yes there are jokes mixed in but the base is his own beliefs.  He isnt Colbert.  And when he plays the "I'm a comedian" card, it seems cowardly because yeah hes a comedian, but that isnt telling the whole truth.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 05:51:21 PM »

I know that not everyone on MSNBC is Olbermann and not everyone on Fox is Hannity, but I'm just sayin.

And I think that when a comedian uses his show as a platform (not all the time, but a LOT of the time) to talk about his personal views about politics time and time again, he should be judged more like a pundit less like a comedian.  The problem is, its not pure satire..he isnt playing a character, and the views he puts forth are his own, yes there are jokes mixed in but the base is his own beliefs.  He isnt Colbert.  And when he plays the "I'm a comedian" card, it seems cowardly because yeah hes a comedian, but that isnt telling the whole truth.

Like I said, the times he pulls out the I'm a comedian card, it's for an actual legitimate reason.  People give him shit for not being fair...uhh seriously people?   Comedians have been expressing their political views for years. One side is criticizing how "silly" the other side is while being funny at it and the other side is dissing the fuck out of the other side while being serious about it.  Big difference. 

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »

Like I said, the times he pulls out the I'm a comedian card, it's for an actual legitimate reason.  People give him shit for not being fair...uhh seriously people?   Comedians have been expressing their political views for years. One side is criticizing how "silly" the other side is while being funny at it and the other side is dissing the fuck out of the other side while being serious about it.  Big difference. 

(Keyshaun Johnson voice) "C'mon Man".  If you take the politics out of it, and look at the words, jokes, whatever being used, neither side is "silly"....theyre trying to further their sides political agenda.  Jim Carrey playing Ace Ventura is "silly".  Kids shows are "silly".  Ridiculing people, calling them stupid, etc is not "silly".  Not that I dont enjoy that, but lets call it what it is. 

That's a political trick used by the left for a while, saying the Republicans are "mean", when really they both act that way.

By the way, I actually find him funny sometimes it just gets me when people won't call him what he really is. 

Yeah, comedians have been expressing their political views for years, its a huge part of comedy.  But this dude is a straight up cheerleader.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:21:23 PM by Russell Bell »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 06:38:10 PM »
I guess we can end our convo here....I feel that Fox News is a silly organization, along with all these other extreme cable news channels that find themselves having talking heads talk over each other by offering bullet points debate.  I'm sorry but that's fucking silly, as silly as Ace Ventura and Yo Gabba Gabba.  And btw, you can easily look up plenty of Jon Stewart videos that make fun of MSNBC, CNN, Democrats, etc.  It's not his fault that the popular ones that become viral happen to be the ones where he makes fun of Fox News or Glenn Beck.