Author Topic: John Stewart owns Fox News. Twice.  (Read 1356 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: John Stewart owns Fox News. Twice.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 06:48:52 PM »
I guess we can end our convo here....I feel that Fox News is a silly organization, along with all these other extreme cable news channels that find themselves having talking heads talk over each other by offering bullet points debate.  I'm sorry but that's fucking silly, as silly as Ace Ventura and Yo Gabba Gabba.  And btw, you can easily look up plenty of Jon Stewart videos that make fun of MSNBC, CNN, Democrats, etc.  It's not his fault that the popular ones that become viral happen to be the ones where he makes fun of Fox News or Glenn Beck. 

What the fuck is a Yo Gabba Gabba?

Kids shows today, smh.  It ain't like it useta be.

Ninja Turtles, Cops, Transformers, those were shows.  All got pretty lame starting with Power Rangers.

edit....holy jesus i just googled it, looks like telletubbies on crack
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:52:43 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »
Jon Stewart can defend his liberal opinions, so it's not like he just randomly pulls out the I'm a comedian card. He does it because people bust his balls for not reporting the news. 

Sure he can defend them.....but when he only sees things, talks about things, and defends things from a liberal POV, he loses credibility in my book (not all liberals are right all the time, you know)....hence my comparison of him to Fox News people (who do the EXACT same thing but from the other side of the spectrum).  These things I just mentioned are why people bust his balls.  He comes off as Hannity's liberal twin brother with jokes mixed in.

Well the main difference between Jon Stewart and fox news is that Jon Stewart can back his arguments with sound logic, and the Daily Show is not presented as a legitimate news source. Its on god damn comedy central for fucks sake. Fox news presents its extreme "conservative" propaganda as legitimate news/fact.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 12:33:42 PM »
Jon stewart is the best thing on tv.  Finally someone intelligent and funny that can put these dumb fucks in their place.  Republicans have taken this country down the hole. 

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »
Jon Stewart can defend his liberal opinions, so it's not like he just randomly pulls out the I'm a comedian card. He does it because people bust his balls for not reporting the news. 

Sure he can defend them.....but when he only sees things, talks about things, and defends things from a liberal POV, he loses credibility in my book (not all liberals are right all the time, you know)....hence my comparison of him to Fox News people (who do the EXACT same thing but from the other side of the spectrum).  These things I just mentioned are why people bust his balls.  He comes off as Hannity's liberal twin brother with jokes mixed in.

Well the main difference between Jon Stewart and fox news is that Jon Stewart can back his arguments with sound logic, and the Daily Show is not presented as a legitimate news source. Its on god damn comedy central for fucks sake. Fox news presents its extreme "conservative" propaganda as legitimate news/fact.

Youre right, it isn't technically a "news" program, but he gives his legitimate political news opinion/analysis.  Which makes him open for criticism in my book.  If youre going to praise his "arguments with sound logic" I can surely say he doesnt use sound logic/arguments.   

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »
Jon stewart is the best thing on tv.  Finally someone intelligent and funny that can put these dumb fucks in their place.  Republicans have taken this country down the hole. 

Youre right, Republicans have hurt this country.  Big government is behind that though.  Old school Republicans, or conservatives, were against big government.  Now we have two parties with one agenda, expand the federal sector with the goal of making their influence/power bigger than the next guy's.  And Democrats do it just as bad as Republicans.  Look at California for gods sake, we're a Democrat stronghold.  We can't even afford to pay teachers, firefighters, and police...we actually have to choose in most cases which we want for our communities.  And in my opinion, its (partly) because of entitlements and other "well meaning" programs which just drain this state instead of help it.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »

Youre right, Republicans have hurt this country.  Big government is behind that though.  Old school Republicans, or conservatives, were against big government.  Now we have two parties with one agenda, expand the federal sector with the goal of making their influence/power bigger than the next guy's.  And Democrats do it just as bad as Republicans.  Look at California for gods sake, we're a Democrat stronghold.  We can't even afford to pay teachers, firefighters, and police...we actually have to choose in most cases which we want for our communities.  And in my opinion, its (partly) because of entitlements and other "well meaning" programs which just drain this state instead of help it.

yup i know some teachers and police and they have all these lame, no good programs that are a waste of money.  Like teacher conferences which are basically a free trip to some city for a few days.  Or brand new apple laptops with windows on it for every teacher. 

then u have dumb ass construction all over town, places that need to be fixed go on for years fuckin up cars and some nice places get their asphalt redone every 2 years. 

list goes on and on

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 06:49:25 AM »
if your looking to comedy central for your news and political info your a fuck bag.

close thread.

Anunikke

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
if your looking to comedy central for your news and political info your a fuck bag.

close thread.
if your looking to fox for news and political info your a bigger fuck bag

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »
agreed.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »

close thread.

whats wrong with their news?  they show the footage from other news channels....what better?  fox propaganda? thats why they get owned day in and day out.  LOL

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 10:12:33 AM »
theres nothing wrong with it per say...but would you go to cnn for cartoons?

would you go to nickelodeon for the weather? its news presented on a comedic platform.

personally i dig that show but do not depend on it to feed me news and current events...

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »
theres nothing wrong with it per say...but would you go to cnn for cartoons?

would you go to nickelodeon for the weather? its news presented on a comedic platform.

personally i dig that show but do not depend on it to feed me news and current events...

that makes no sense, those channels dont have anything like u mentioned

he makes fun of news but the content is still NEWS, its just discussed differently, same way fox and cnn discuss the topic differently in their own view. Besides in america u dont get REAL news, go to other countries and see how much news u miss from around the world.  I was in England and  i was getting news from US, u will never get here.  CNN AND FOX are owned by entertainment companies so their news is just entertainment too, thats why they like to get stuck on one topic from time to time; ex mj death, ana nicole death, linsey lohan, etc...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »
i think in the eyes of most posters here it would make perfect sense.

you dont walk into your local supermarket looking to pick up a pair of jays...you might get some bo bo's or a pair of flip flops but not j's just like you dont go into footlocker looking for a pack of franks... and if they sold meat and produce at footlocker would you want to eat it?? what im saying is your comparison is a stretch.

I seriously doubt that ppl are watching jon stewart to become knowledgeable about world affairs.

im not going to debate semantics about what constitutes real news and where its from...i agree that all these american based networks are full of shit.

elena heiress (i think thats her name) is a baaaaaad bitch.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:10:47 PM by K1NG PETEY »

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 05:06:44 PM »
i think in the eyes of most posters here it would make perfect sense.

you dont walk into your local supermarket looking to pick up a pair of jays...you might get some bo bo's or a pair of flip flops but not j's just like you dont go into footlocker looking for a pack of franks... and if they sold meat and produce at footlocker would you want to eat it?? what im saying is your comparison is a stretch.

I seriously doubt that ppl are watching jon stewart to become knowledgeable about world affairs.

im not going to debate semantics about what constitutes real news and where its from...i agree that all these american based networks are full of shit.

elena heiress (i think thats her name) is a baaaaaad bitch.

i understand what u were saying, u dont have to explain further, i just say jon stewart is different and yea he's not a source for all the world affairs, maybe some but its def. news, u just have to dig deeper yourself to find out all of it, he just mentions some of it.  I personally use internet for news, i dont watch cnn, fox or any of the local channels.