Author Topic: Ice Cube-She Couldn't Make It On Her Own (Introducing Doughboy + OMG)  (Read 1951 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: Ice Cube-She Couldn't Make It On Her Own (Introducing Doughboy + OMG)
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 10:26:07 AM »
It's not what we expected but the flow is not bad. Good radio and club song but not for Ice Cube. Don't forget Cube is introducing Doughboy + OMG, so I guess he let them choose the style...

You said it.  It should have been an OMG or Doughboy track...certainly not Cube's.

Could be...except I don't see Man Vs. Machine and Pros Vs. Joes on there.  I suppose these could wind up being ITunes/Best Buy bonus tracks.

But back to the song...it sucks.  I'm disappointed in this one. The 1st two were dope though. I still have faith in the record.
hehe i guess you beat me to it

Yup...this is rat piss IMO.  Sure he wants to introduce his kids but damn he didn't have to put it on his record.  I had a bad feeling when I heard Bagladesh was going to produce for him.  So it looks like this track and It Is What It Is are going to be the weakest off the record. 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »
It's not what we expected but the flow is not bad. Good radio and club song but not for Ice Cube. Don't forget Cube is introducing Doughboy + OMG, so I guess he let them choose the style...

You said it.  It should have been an OMG or Doughboy track...certainly not Cube's.

Could be...except I don't see Man Vs. Machine and Pros Vs. Joes on there.  I suppose these could wind up being ITunes/Best Buy bonus tracks.

But back to the song...it sucks.  I'm disappointed in this one. The 1st two were dope though. I still have faith in the record.

Yup...this is rat piss IMO.  Sure he wants to introduce his kids but damn he didn't have to put it on his record.  I had a bad feeling when I heard Bagladesh was going to produce for him.  So it looks like this track and It Is What It Is are going to be the weakest off the record. 
yeah.

what have we heard so far?

3 songs & two other snippets(it is what it is & No country for young men)?

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 10:43:33 AM »
Sounds like a Soulja Boy/Roscoe Dash single  ::)

and like other dude said: South route .. again? Fuuuck..

This better not be on the album.. Will ruin the west style.. (if there will be one)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »

yeah.

what have we heard so far?

3 songs & two other snippets(it is what it is & No country for young men)?

We've heard:
Drink the Kool-Aid
I Rep That West
She Couldnt Make It On Her Own and snippets of It Is What It Is, No Country... and Hood Robbin'.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »
His sons are sayin keep it gangsta etc....and then they choose this? Cube back trackin and not buildin a strong "set" 2 fight his case hes still the best
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »
Cube is just having fun with rap.. dude doesnt need to rap anymore its all fun and entertainment!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
That dont mean u can make wack muzik especially when he talkin shit bout wayne etc...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

jeanmiche777

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 04:00:29 PM »
Worst song I heard in a while... Real talk

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2010, 05:08:52 PM »
LOL....and I swear I trusted Cube. He gave a whole speech about the album and how it was strictly west coast and how rappers are too influenced by the south, then he goes and does a song like this. WTF.

Blasphemy

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
LOL....and I swear I trusted Cube. He gave a whole speech about the album and how it was strictly west coast and how rappers are too influenced by the south, then he goes and does a song like this. WTF.

all I gotta say is this.

You was hardcore hip-hop
Now look at yourself, boy you done flip-flopped
Giving our music away to the mainstream
Don't you know they ain't down with the team
They just sent they boss over
Put a bug in your ear and now you crossed over
On MTV but they don't care
They'll have a new nigga next year
You out in the cold
No more white fans and no more soul
And you might have a heart attack
When you find out the black folks don't want you back
And you know what's worse?
Find a mirror and take a look, G
Do you like what you see?

Literally the only thing I can think of in this situation.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2010, 06:29:21 PM »
i actually like this, even though i know it's gonna get played out quick. it definitely doesn't belong on "i am the west" though.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
Lol @ blasphemy goin n on cube 4 this
Cube

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 08:10:50 PM »
You can download it from the site: http://mixmatters.com/hot/2010/WinM/Ice_Cube_feat_Doughboy_and_OMG-She_Couldnt_Make_It_On_Her_Own.asx

Error 403

Anyway, here's a new I Am The West tracklist I've found:

1. A Boy Was Conceived (Intro)
   2. Soul On Ice
   3. Life In California featuring Jayo, & WC
   4. She Couldn't Make It On Her Own featuring OMG & Dounghboy
   5. Urbanian
   6. Y'all Know How I Am featuring OMG, Dough Boy, WC, Maylay
   7. Too West Coast featuring WC & Maylay
   8. I Rep That West
   9. Drink The Kool-Aid
  10. No Country For Young Men
  11. It Is What It Is
  12. Hood Robbin'
  13. Your Money Or Your Life
  14. Nothing Like L.A.
  15. All Day, Every Day
  16. Fat Cat

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/16015419/I-Am-The-West/Product.html

is it the final one?

Mietek, don't even bother trying to hear this song, homey -- you aren't going to like it  ;D  :-\
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Mietek23

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 02:56:14 AM »
Mietek, don't even bother trying to hear this song, homey -- you aren't going to like it  ;D  :-\

Yeah, I know homie but fuck it - I still wanna hear it to see just how bad it is, lol ;D

Anyway, I was hoping for Cube to keep it \/\/ all the way on this album but now - I've started to thinking that Dub's LP gonna be more West Coast than Cube's one :D

Westdog

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »

+1
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it