Author Topic: Bishop Lamont - The Shawshank Redemption/Angola 3 (Update w/Album Info - Dre)!!  (Read 2801 times)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
I'm thinkin' dis could be a HUGE & much needed follow-up to his previously successful & much anticipated STREET ALBUMS.

no body does a Street Album better than B.Lamont! 8)

chhhuuuuuuuuuuuccchhh!  ;D
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
If this was '08 or early '09 I'd imagine everybody be goin crazy. But in mid-2010 it's really not the same anymore and after hearing a lot of Bishop's recent shit I just don't care for the dude as much as I woulda back when. It's like after he left The Math everything started to degrade, his flow, his lyrics, his features, his popularity (big time) and definately the beats. I will download this but i'm not expecting anything near Confessional/Nigger Noize standards. IMO Bishop was the next thing out the west in '06/'07/'08!

Have you heard "Blow Yo' Mind" w/ Xzibit and Crooked I? The beat was knockin' and Bishop delivered a verse better than rappers out right now.

Oh yeah, it was def knockin, but it was one of those tracks he did at Aftermath, just like a lotta the hot tracks that he dropped since then (Bitches On My Dick, Hallelujah, Friends, etc.)

I'm talking about all this bullshit he dropped since Team America, that WASN'T intended for The Reformation at one point or recorded before he left Aftermath. The only songs that were good were the ones that were from Aftermath/The Reformation (and I know they were because I was a huge Bishop fan and followed all his moves). However, songs like My Mama and another one I forgot the name of were hot and I don't think those were from Aftermath.

Now I haven't lost faith in Bishop's rap game, but I just can't vibe with most of this new shit he's been doing. Like that one with Paul Wall, and almost all that trash from Drama Beats. To me, mostly it's the beats that have REALLY fallen off since then, and his amount of activity. Back when Grow Up dropped (and The Confessional) we were hearing from Bishop every day, now we are lucky to get a decent song once a month (along with a bunch of trash). Not to mention he never dropped a track that was trash (i'm talking his street albums here) during that time.

All in all, Bishop imo DOES have the talent to come up with something amazing, which has been proven time and time again, but it hasen't been showing since he left the math. I will be looking forward to this, but from the looks of it, it seems that a lot of it will be more Aftermath/Reformation cuts. Not that I am complaining at all, in fact that to me was the next hyped thing since Detox.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
If this was '08 or early '09 I'd imagine everybody be goin crazy. But in mid-2010 it's really not the same anymore and after hearing a lot of Bishop's recent shit I just don't care for the dude as much as I woulda back when. It's like after he left The Math everything started to degrade, his flow, his lyrics, his features, his popularity (big time) and definately the beats. I will download this but i'm not expecting anything near Confessional/Nigger Noize standards. IMO Bishop was the next thing out the west in '06/'07/'08!

Have you heard "Blow Yo' Mind" w/ Xzibit and Crooked I? The beat was knockin' and Bishop delivered a verse better than rappers out right now.

Oh yeah, it was def knockin, but it was one of those tracks he did at Aftermath, just like a lotta the hot tracks that he dropped since then (Bitches On My Dick, Hallelujah, Friends, etc.)

I'm talking about all this bullshit he dropped since Team America, that WASN'T intended for The Reformation at one point or recorded before he left Aftermath. The only songs that were good were the ones that were from Aftermath/The Reformation (and I know they were because I was a huge Bishop fan and followed all his moves). However, songs like My Mama and another one I forgot the name of were hot and I don't think those were from Aftermath.

Now I haven't lost faith in Bishop's rap game, but I just can't vibe with most of this new shit he's been doing. Like that one with Paul Wall, and almost all that trash from Drama Beats. To me, mostly it's the beats that have REALLY fallen off since then, and his amount of activity. Back when Grow Up dropped (and The Confessional) we were hearing from Bishop every day, now we are lucky to get a decent song once a month (along with a bunch of trash). Not to mention he never dropped a track that was trash (i'm talking his street albums here) during that time.

All in all, Bishop imo DOES have the talent to come up with something amazing, which has been proven time and time again, but it hasen't been showing since he left the math. I will be looking forward to this, but from the looks of it, it seems that a lot of it will be more Aftermath/Reformation cuts. Not that I am complaining at all, in fact that to me was the next hyped thing since Detox.

I hear ya. Btw, the first version of Blow Yo' Mind was done from the Aftermath days, but the second version with Crooked on it was afterward and is hella doper.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
U heard that queen bitch?
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »
Nobody does a street album better than bishop lamont...noone
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Unified Field Theory seems hella interesting, as well.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sounds dope.  Just fuck a dj.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm loving the production line-up for this album.

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
ANY possible way "If U Don't Know The Code" will be on here?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I want to hear him collab with other cats like Banks, J. Cole, Reks, Budden, etc.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

sofdark

still waiting for team america untagged

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuck yeah
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 05:30:58 AM »
Was dope...is this a 2 part ep but n the form of a street tape?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Fuck yeah
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 05:34:17 AM »
Was dope...is this a 2 part ep but n the form of a street tape?

Read the full official press release. It explains why it has a double-meaning-like title.

• Muthafuckin' OG
cant wait  8)

OG Hack Wilson

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens