Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Announces Doggystyle 2  (Read 7363 times)

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
Snoop Dogg Announces Doggystyle 2
« on: September 02, 2010, 06:42:00 AM »
Snoop Dogg was in the studio with Swizz Beatz last night and after wrapping their session, Tha Doggfather announced that his next album will be the sequel to his debut masterpiece, Doggystyle.

Source: http://musiciansent.com/2010/09/snoop-dogg-announces-doggystyle-2/
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

Paul

Re: Snoop Dogg Announces Doggystyle 2
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:48:40 AM »
Could go either way. But most likely gonna dissapoint  :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:50:27 AM »
please, don't!!!!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »
If he is in a session with Swizz Beats, I hope that was for something else because without D R E, like it or not, it ain't gonna work.

SoCo

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:10:24 AM »
If he is in a session with Swizz Beats, I hope that was for something else because without D R E, like it or not, it ain't gonna work.

Portugoal

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 07:24:36 AM »
The name is just to get the news out there, to get everybody hyped and to get everybody to cop the record. No one, including Snoop himself, is gonna be like "yeah, this album does feel like a 2nd Doggystyle". It's gonna be another Snoop album. Don't be mad at the title.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 07:25:50 AM »
The name is just to get the news out there, to get everybody hyped and to get everybody to cop the record. No one, including Snoop himself, is gonna be like "yeah, this album does feel like a 2nd Doggystyle". It's gonna be another Snoop album. Don't be mad at the title.

good point

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 07:40:18 AM »
I unfornattly saw this comin cause letīs be honest after doggystyle he ainīt brought his a-game to the table, okay that album from 02 brought him great money, but the point is his fans wants to see a great gangsta lyrical snoop not the sexuall eruption bitch...so the point is why so many artists falow the retro route? is it that they think, my real fans or people who loved the album are going to buy this because itīs an classic title and this is the 2nd one? if snoop can bring a new fresh thing with a great concept to the table then itīs okay, but if heīs raps like this is a mixtape or a street album,brings fuckin wanna be producer to the table and create the same bullshit concept...........

THEN SNOOP YOU GOT WESTCOAST BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S: A ALBUM WITHOUT ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO WAS ON DOGGYSTYLE IS NOT A DOGGYSTYLE.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:42:50 AM by YoungCrookedI »

MediumL

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:20 AM »
Eurgh swizz beatz  :-X Guy is so hit and miss and he seems to be getting more misses and less hits in the last 5yrs.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 07:47:37 AM »
horrible idea

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 07:50:23 AM »
Didnt snoop say his next album would b for females? And what was that doggumentary?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

StevenQBosell

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »
Could only work if the following was done -

Have all the same MCs on it (Rage, RBX, etc.)
Take the same amount of time to make sure it's just bangers (how long did Doggystyle take? like 1-2 years? I remember Snoop complaining it took ages at the time)
Have one producer do the whole record to make sure it all sounds coherent
If it's Dre producing, get Daz and Warren in to co-produce and all the original session musicians
Base it around big, dope funk samples, replayed
Get the same people who did the original art work
Give Snoop maybe 4-5 months to do nothing but practice freestyling and coming up with dope lyrics again, so he's at that level again
Have DOC do a bunch of rewrites and ghostwriting for it
Keep it the same number of tracks as Doggystyle

I always wanted to hear what Dre would have done with beats if he's been around to produce the Doggfather album... like imagine Doggystyle quality, but with a mafioso, Italian-strings sort of theme for Doggfather, would have been crazy

Though I could picture a Doggystyle 2 with another producer like Primo or like the Bomb Squad... to give it a coherent overall feel, but different flavor to Doggystyle

Of course probably none of the above will happen, but I'd be happy with another Blue Carpet Treatment level album

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 08:38:26 AM »
that's funny bcuz i just made a 1999Version of Doggystyle called "Doggystyle 2000" like 2 days ago lol.  But yeah, i'm sure Snoop will change the title tho, "Tha Doggfather" was supposed to be "Doggystyle 2" and I think "Tha Last Meal" was too.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »
doggystyle is one of the dopest albums out ever..theres no question about it..and yes, he needs that flow again...

but NOT those "dope" lyrics...he needs to spit shit like he did on doggfather...

most the spits on doggystyle were basic and repetitive as fuck...hey its me, the d o double g, with my homie d.r.e, yo what up to d.a.z. blah blah...